Thread: +35 sucks!

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It's not really even a grind. You can sit back and just do regular content when you want to and pick up AP without even noticing. It's only a grind if you choose to raid all 3 difficulties and choose to farm Mythic+ again and again and again. That's on you.

You've always had to "replay" dungeons and content. There is only so much. That's been a fact of WoW since the day it was released. Why when AP is thrown in the mix is it suddenly so horrible to do that?

I personally loved MoP dailies and really hated what they did in WoD.

You don't need AP. You don't have to farm it that much. No one is making you.
    I'm going to have to agree with our esteemed mod here.

I've been doing every section of lfr every week, a random heroic everyday, the emissary quests, and usually a few other WQs ( 5-6) every day with enticing rewards. Aluneth is up to 40 traits as of today.

Someone who's been going hell-for-leather spamming mythics till their eyes bleed and clearing all WQs every day should be done by now.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I'd have been happy to ACTUALLY get the talent trees back, not have this half-baked shit of artifact weapons.
    Though it shows Blizzard somehow realizes their new talent system is bad and the old one was actually much better.
    I like the current balance. Especially after 7.1.5, I do feel like I have significant choices to make in the current talent setup. Some tough choices, interesting choices, and I change specs depending on the content I'm running - all as Blizz intended. The artifacts, on the other hand, let me feel like I was still leveling/progressing/improving even after hitting 110. More rewarding, imho, than the endgame content for any previous patch.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    It's a mathematical impossibility to please a diverse playerbase with one game.
    I'd say more fair is that it's extremely unlikely rather than impossible. Anomalies happen.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    So you basically put more time in M+ and I put more time in WQ. Not to mention you "farmed PvP" - which I do zero of.

What exactly is your argument?

I can clear the entire Broken Island maps of WQ in around an hour. Are we really not to the point where an hour of game time qualifies as grinding?

Sounds like you are not very efficient at collecting AP when all is said and done. Being efficient != grinding.

Are you running 30 minute EN-N every Tuesday for 400k+ AP? How about a 10 minute heroic every day for 100k?
    Yeah around 60 more M+ are definitly equivalent to 1400 more worldquests I guess? And unless you somehow have flying enabled I can't image clearing the whole Broken Isles within an hour at all.

Before I stopped playing this shit xpac I cleared EN in every possible difficutly every week, did every emissary quest, etc. Then I realized this is the most mind numbing repetetive shit (don't even wanna talk about this RNG fiesta) I've every witnessed in my with experience WoW.

Keep pretending Legion isn't a grindfest and you just need to 'play the game'. Cya

Quote Originally Posted by Sephuz Secret View Post
    Yeah around 60 more M+ are definitly equivalent to 1400 more worldquests I guess? And unless you somehow have flying enabled I can't image clearing the whole Broken Isles within an hour at all.

Before I stopped playing this shit xpac I cleared EN in every possible difficutly every week, did every emissary quest, etc. Then I realized this is the most mind numbing repetive shit (don't even wanna talk about this RNG fiesta) I've every witnessed in my experience WoW.

Keep pretending Legion isn't a grindfest and you just need to 'play the game'. Cya
    I'm not sure what your infatuation with my WQ is, 1/4th of them were for AP.

Well, bye?

Not my fault you quit and still feel the need to come around bitching about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    People hated MoP dailies. The current world quest/Artifact system is about 200 times more grindy than MoP dailies ever were. Once you were exalted, you were DONE. It took about a month and a half. These dailies literally never end because for the next year and a half or more of this expansion you will ALWAYS need AP. It's just a bad system. There needed to be an AP weekly cap, and the AP required for each trait needs to be reduced.
    So system can't be that bad if all it needs is a cap. I got to 34 traits without logging into the game for a month. The legion app works wonders. I also know how to limit myself and don't need my hand held to tell me to stop doing something when I lose interest. You won't be behind, you won't be worse off, you won't suck because you don't have the maximum amount of AP possible

Face it. World best raiders did the content with less AP and traits then you and still managed to do it. Anyone that feels the need to grind out AP to the max is doing so because they personally choose to. That isn't a bad system. But like everything in WoW it is always labeled bad when players have the choice. Because they can't choose not to do something so they want to be forced not to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Before I stopped playing this shit xpac I cleared EN in every possible difficutly every week, did every emissary quest, etc. Then I realized this is the most mind numbing repetetive shit (don't even wanna talk about this RNG fiesta) I've every witnessed in my with experience WoW. Keep pretending Legion isn't a grindfest and you just need to 'play the game'. Cya
    So how was it any different then doing the same stuff every week in any other expansion?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So how was it any different then doing the same stuff every week in any other expansion?
    Basically nothing, cept in Legion they actually gave us a way to keep progressing even once current content is on farm status.

They just lack self control so they start throwing around phrases like being forced to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Are you SERIOUSLY advocating a grind this terrible, though? There's virtually nothing engaging about this system. All it's doing it causing people to resent the fact that dungeons and world quests have so much replayability for reward. If I wanted to replay dungeons and world quests because they were fun and engaging, that is one thing, but the only thing that makes them interesting atm is the fact that they have AP attached to them. Period.

People hated MoP dailies. The current world quest/Artifact system is about 200 times more grindy than MoP dailies ever were. Once you were exalted, you were DONE. It took about a month and a half. These dailies literally never end because for the next year and a half or more of this expansion you will ALWAYS need AP. It's just a bad system. There needed to be an AP weekly cap, and the AP required for each trait needs to be reduced.
    Never understood why people hated MoP dailies. They were never mandatory or anything. You could go into Mogushan at 460 and get geared from that and crafted for Heart of Fear which had your 489 stuff and tier pieces along with Terrace.

- - - Updated - - -

Before I stopped playing this shit xpac I cleared EN in every possible difficutly every week, did every emissary quest, etc. Then I realized this is the most mind numbing repetetive shit (don't even wanna talk about this RNG fiesta) I've every witnessed in my with experience WoW.

And that is on you for doing it. It's not a grindfest. You can easily work on your artifact without having to go on an all out grind. Also the bolded part is your opinion. Nothing more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I seem to remember an expansion ago that people complained there was nothing to do.

Man, it's impossible to please people.
    It's impossible to please EVERYONE. People have different expectations and opinions on what the game should be like.

Deleted
    Bad content that's required for EVERYTHING (raiding, pvp) is worse than no content at all.
    Having to spend 30 minutes beating my testicles with a hammer before being allowed to log on extends my playtime, but is hardly entertaining.

If people enjoy doing daily quests and mythic+ for 6 months every single day so much, then make it optional for them.
    People used to whine all the time that PvPers don't enjoy having to raid for items like BiS trinkets, and similarly raiders don't enjoy doing PvP (battleground wins for legendary cloak in MoP, do you still remember?)

So why is it that daily grinding is the only thing that everyone must do? If pvp doesn't give raiding advantages and raiding doesn't give pvp advantages anymore, why is it that daily quests/mythic+ is absolutely required for AP and legendaries?

How do you complete every Emissary, even though it resets by the day?

-___- Ok...
    Last edited by TheFirstOnes; 2017-01-13 at 04:25 AM.

What I keep finding funny is how people are saying the whole AK and AP grind is a pain in the ass, that Blizzard is forcing us to do this. If I remember Blizzcon right they said these weapons last us the whole expansion and should take time to level. I mean we aren't getting any new weapons, though we'll be getting more points in 6.2. They said it was supposed to last, therefor meaning that maxing out your weapon shouldn't be something completed by the first patch. THAT is the communities fault... some stupid people have it in their mind that in order for you to be any good at this game you must be max AK and max AP before ToV even came out or some stupid crap... they never said that. never once at any point in blizz-con or any Q&A does blizzard state that for you to be a legit raider or even just a normal raider to you have to have massive levels of AK/AP in your weapon. That was another stupid thing that people playing the game are saying... so many people are all about zerg, zerg, zerg to the end. You must play 6+ hrs a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to be good.... sorry but B.S!!!! Its a game, treat it as a game. Play it when you have time and don't enforce stupid rules on those in your guild or raid team or even those that join PuGs, that aren't legit rules. Now if someone is sitting there in your guild or raid team with like AK 2 and only 6 points in their weapon.. okay that might be something of warrant, but because they don't have AK 25 with 30+ points in their weapon and 2 legendaries shouldn't be ground for dismissal from anything. I mean unless your in the top 50 guilds worldwide then not having those points above really shouldn't be the kicker.

I don't like it because it is a methodical build up of power (more precisely power creep) that trivializes world content. So, people concerned with not growing in power should in theory be in favor of this system.

But if I had to choose between methodical gear upgrades through a token system vs this methodical increase in power via AP I am going to choose gear. Being able to choose gear and how powerful I want to be is way better than a 0.5% damage increase.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is there AK above level 25 coming anytime soon or are there no plans for that?

The gain from 35 to 54 traits is absolutely massive for casual guilds too. For certain bosses I can see this being the difference between wiping for 4 weeks or for 4 days.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-01-13 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    11,5 actually.

The combination of TBC popularity and massive add campaign from Blizzard. And, well, the attraction of the conclusion of War3 story.

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta admit it's pretty amusing to see a bunch of people, and then notice some of them have names in cyrillic, and switching sometimes from PvP to PvE realms.
    It's really a pretty underhanded way to make people believe there is still a lot of activity in the game

I think it would go a long way if they just bit the bullet and merged a lot of servers into healthy populations. I realize they'd be down to like 20% of he server numbers they have now... but that's really what it is now... many servers with 2, 3, and sometimes 4 servers "linked" together. Just merge them already and leave CRZ for starting zones.

Personally, I think they should do away with CRZ entirely... bring back server price and accountability.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I think it would go a long way if they just bit the bullet and merged a lot of servers into healthy populations. I realize they'd be down to like 20% of he server numbers they have now... but that's really what it is now... many servers with 2, 3, and sometimes 4 servers "linked" together. Just merge them already and leave CRZ for starting zones.

Personally, I think they should do away with CRZ entirely... bring back server price and accountability.
    The reason they have CRZ is because of the large swings in activity over an expansion, particularly for individual zones. Just wanting CRZ doesn't make the problem it solves go away.

Perma-linked servers are logically equivalent to single servers, except some players look like they have extra characters after their names. Given name conflicts if they actually really merged them, what the hell is the point of doing that?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I'm not sure what your infatuation with my WQ is, 1/4th of them were for AP.

Well, bye?

Not my fault you quit and still feel the need to come around bitching about it.
    Yeah the 3,5 million more AP came from clearing LFR and EN-N a few times more often than me I guess. And please tell me where I am bitching around? I asked you a simple question and in my last post I stated my opinion about this xpac, but it seems like you'll get witchhunted for disliking Legion around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And that is on you for doing it. It's not a grindfest. You can easily work on your artifact without having to go on an all out grind. Also the bolded part is your opinion. Nothing more.

Well if you are used to play the game with a competetive thrive and not being fine with clearing LFR or progressing Heroic with shitters you kinda have to grind. Thanks for the enlightning bruv, I always thought what I write on forums were straight facts everyone has to accept.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    How do you complete every Emissary, even though it resets by the day?

-___- Ok...
    ???

Yeah the 3,5 million more AP came from clearing LFR and EN-N a few times more often than me I guess. And please tell me where I am bitching around? I asked you a simple question and in my last post I stated my opinion about this xpac, but it seems like you'll get witchhunted for disliking Legion around here.
    We get it. You don't like Legion and claim you don't play it.

Why are you still here?

10+ Year Old Account
    I got to 35 AP without spending an astounding amount of time in the game. Quite frankly, with AK 25, it's really not that hard. Spot the quests that are fast and worth it. You don't have to grind all of them, even more so if you're not in a race to do so.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

What Blizzard doesn't understand is that many people would rather not play, than fail to maximise their character.

This is why some people quit because they cant bear the AP grind, or get bad legendaries, because then they are underpowered in raids.

I am a retired Mythic raider. I have kids and cant raid. But I feel obliged to max out my weapon and I hate it. I log on, do AP WQs, and the Emissary, and log off. I wish I could do something else in the 1-2 hours I can play per day, but I cant. This is awful.