Elusive Dance way to go for M+?

Not gonna lie, I was using it a lot even before the buff. It just always felt like a good choice for the way mythic+ handles. Lot of bursty damage , with small breaks between them. On a 10+ you'll generally run into a pack, and get well into red stagger territory. Having the ability to get 20% dodge off this, in addition to a more effective purify, just feels like hands down the best option to me.

The stagger stop from hit combo is also something that deals well with burst dmg, but it feels like you are left very vulnerable if the pack doesn't die fast enough.
    Last edited by cszsolt3; 2017-01-12 at 09:44 PM.

Depends on haste levels. You need a good bit of haste to maintain enought brews for ED , or you need the nughthold 4 piece tier bonus

There was some discussion on gai's belt+bracers+set bonus paired with ed for m+ on the monk discord. If/when j get the bracers ill definitely be giving it some serious testing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cszsolt3 View Post
    Not gonna lie, I was using it a lot even before the nerf.
    Did you mean buff? Cuz it got buffed, not nerfed.

I still prefer BoC and HT over it, but to each their own. Like the above poster said, if you have enough haste (guessing you'll need at least 30%) then it should be fine.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I really don't like Elusive Dance. Feels bad, performs poorly, and doesn't really provide what the other two options do.

I can understand using hit combo over elusive. But high tolerance, why? I don't see what HT has to offer over ED/HC in a mythic+ environment, other than some very very specific cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    The damage reduction from ED is superior to HT, and HT loses benefit the more actively you purify; in short, it devalues as your gear and health pool improves. The only reason you'd want to pick HT instead of BoC is if you're having trouble surviving big burst intake, because ED is superior for overall damage reduction and BoC is superior for brew generation speed.

To actually get the most out of HT *aside* from using it to survive huge burst on specific encounters, you have to *not* purify or you lose the haste bonus. Seems kind of self defeating because sitting on heavy stagger is dumb - and if it's the kind of fight where you have no choice but to sit on heavy stagger, I'd again prefer BoC for superior brew generation in combination with BoxB.
    Last edited by Will; 2017-01-13 at 03:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cszsolt3 View Post
    I can understand using hit combo over elusive. But high tolerance, why? I don't see what HT has to offer over ED/HC in a mythic+ environment, other than some very very specific cases.
    HT gives you a shit ton of haste and makes keeping ISB up 100% a lot easier.

I still think BoC is the superior of the 3 though.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    HT gives you a shit ton of haste and makes keeping ISB up 100% a lot easier.

I still think BoC is the superior of the 3 though.
    Depends, i'd never sacrfice BoC, i'm overgeared for pretty much anything sub +15 and hasn't been an issue doing higher as BoC. The damage gain from TP spamming over KS is far too much worth. Actually getting near 400k ST on boss fights now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dropping the damage from Blackout Combo is pretty much impossible to justify. There is always a way to make up that damage reduction somewhere else - usually better coordination of stuns or healer CD's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erebzion View Post
    i'd never sacrfice BoC
    Exactly. I just can't do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Llarold View Post
    Dropping the damage from Blackout Combo is pretty much impossible to justify. There is always a way to make up that damage reduction somewhere else - usually better coordination of stuns or healer CD's.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. I just can't do it.
    Even on Helya progress (learning p3 atm) i've stopped going HT, it just feels odd playing anything but BoC now and given how long the fight is and split groups, the extra damage is just too much worth.