10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They said the logo is just to hype the move... It kinda falls flat though.
    Before or after the backlash?

Apparently CJ Prosise is a gametime decision. Which Pete Carroll said he pretty much has to be 100% in practice in order to get the green light, and hes already been limited so far this week... so I doubt he will be active.

10+ Year Old Account
    *shrugs* I think they released the statement after people started freaking out.

*slow clap*

That's pretty good.

I'll have to be honest though, I thought the new logo was okay. I think much of the backlash is just cause people hate the Chargers and Spanos right now. It could be the best logo ever and I think it would have still drawn boo's.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people are just throwing tantrums because of the move. Look at the guy who egged their facility as an example.
    56 years in San Diego. Can totally understand people being upset. Egging is pretty damn low on the scale of things people might have done in this situation.

For many people being from a certain place is part of who they are, and being a fan of that place's sports teams is also ingrained in who they are. To have part of that ripped away...I don;t think that qualifies as "throwing a tantrum". I think that's just a natural reaction to having part of who you are ripped out. I mean, as short as 36 hours ago the last news was that there were positive signs that a Hail Mary plan was coming together. And then suddenly this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people are just throwing tantrums because of the move. Look at the guy who egged their facility as an example.
    They are clearly in the minority based on the way that vote went.

At least they've still got the Padres... eugh....

huh wha, did Vetali say something about actual football games? I forgot they were still going

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I mean, as short as 36 hours ago the last news was that there were positive signs that a Hail Mary plan was coming together. And then suddenly this.
    When the vote didn't pass that was it, some cobbled together under budget nonsense wasn't gonna make it happen. There was still $175mil that needed to be accounted for and Spanos was never gonna cover it. There was still a ton of work that needed to be done to explore whether that proposal was viable and millions of ways it could have gotten derailed, meanwhile the LA deadline was right on top of them. November was it, everything after that was too little too late.

10+ Year Old Account
    People get upset that their teams leave. I've been in that situation with the Seattle Supersonics (although that was the owner being a shitstsin of a human being and I hope they never win a championship ), so even though the vote didn't pass, the emotions are understandable.

Frankly, owners need to put more of their money up anyways rather than hold cities hostage.

10+ Year Old Account
    The team is from LA originally, they're mad the team is moving back home... Oh and it is very close still.
    For one year, nobody cares.

I don't like Bill Plaschke and I seldom agree with him, but we are of the same mind when it comes to the Chargers moving north.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...111-story.html

10+ Year Old Account
    LA: Home of the two teams that lost to the Browns and the Niners.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you move to LA. Urg.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny how they think they can compete with USC. Guarantee people would rather show up for USC lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    It's funny how they think they can compete with USC. Guarantee people would rather show up for USC lol
    Luckily they don't play on the same day
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    Luckily they don't play on the same day
    Sure but if you only have the money for a game a month, unlikely to pick the teams that suck

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Sure but if you only have the money for a game a month, unlikely to pick the teams that suck
    That's so true, plus college football game atmosphere in my experience is hands down a better experience than NFL.
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

10+ Year Old Account
    I agreed with previous assertions that Wade Phillips defense didn't fit the Rams personnel, yet they've hired him anyway.

Best news since McDaniels got canned, Clancy Barone and Rick Dennison have both "mutually agreed" to part ways with Denver. Maybe they hire a real o-line coach now.

They are also supposedly finalizing a deal with McCoy to be the o-coordinator. He did a good job altering his offense to fit 3 completely different QBs (or 2, not sure if Tebow ever actually counted as a QB) last time he held that job. Should be interesting to see how a Joseph/McCoy/Woods/whoever replaced DeCamillis combo works out.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I agreed with previous assertions that Wade Phillips defense didn't fit the Rams personnel, yet they've hired him anyway.
    There was talk Wade wanted to coach with his son if he left Denver, and his son was the TE coach of the Redskins. Wouldn't be surprised if that was part of the McVay deal. Would be a good situation for Wade personally, time will tell if it works out for the Rams though.
    Last edited by Grube; 2017-01-13 at 04:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chargers facebook page has already lost 70,000 likes. Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    56 years in San Diego, and they're moving to a tiny stadium that may not even be majority Chargers fans most of the time. I can easily see why a lot of people are upset. Plus, San Diego may be close to L.A., but that doesn't make it close chronologically. Takes a long time to drive through some of the busiest cities in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    They are clearly in the minority based on the way that vote went.

At least they've still got the Padres... eugh....

huh wha, did Vetali say something about actual football games? I forgot they were still going
    There's been a ton of big news this past week or so, it's weird. For me, my mom comes into town once a year or so and picked last weekend, but then chose not to, now chose this weekend, and I'm gonna do my best to pass on seeing her to make sure I watch every second of football that exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of Vegas why not move the Raiders to Qualcomm, they already play a home game there each season as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else dying waiting for next round of games or is it just me? Like this week has been the WORST in terms of waiting. Fuck.

Bills is going with Leslie Frazier as their DC, a shame he did some good for our secondary. They are also hiring Juan Castillo as their oline coach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jordy Nelson OUT for the Packers-Cowboys game this week-end, Mike McCarthy said today.