Page 4 of 210 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    What?

What?
    You fell for the troll my friend :/

On-topic: I actually don't want to see Rey go bad or Kylo redeemed. Vader's redemption is weak to me unless Anakin had to very distinct people in his body. Killing the Emperor doesn't excuse him from 30+ years of terror and atrocities.

Kylo made it a statement to go evil, there is no redemption from that.
    The battle between good and evil is cliche but I rather have that cliche then bad going good and vice versa for the sake of being "clever". Let Vader be the good gone bad guy and not touch it for a while.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

isnt it going to be like every trilogy?

1st movie: introduce characters, bad guy loses and run. good guys win the day
    2nd movie: bad guy gets stronger, wins. good guys lose and run
    3rd movie: good guy gets stronger, everything comes to a head, good guy wins while losing loved ones in the process.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    isnt it going to be like every trilogy?

1st movie: introduce characters, bad guy loses and run. good guys win the day
    2nd movie: bad guy gets stronger, wins. good guys lose and run
    3rd movie: good guy gets stronger, everything comes to a head, good guy wins while losing loved ones in the process.
    Every trilogy? You only explied the classic one. In the prequels it was:

1 - Good guys win
    2 - Good guys think they win, but the bad guys actually won.
    3 - The bad guys win

What I hope happens in XIII? Bad guys win, and everyone dies. Then Episode IX is all about the New Order conquering the galaxy and beyond.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Every trilogy? You only explied the classic one. In the prequels it was:

1 - Good guys win
    2 - Good guys think they win, but the bad guys actually won.
    3 - The bad guys win

What I hope happens in XIII? Bad guys win, and everyone dies. Then Episode IX is all about the New Order conquering the galaxy and beyond.
    I thought it was more like

1 - Nothing happens
    2 - Nothing interesting happens
    3 - Everything that needed to happen gets crammed into one movie and it still isn't very interesting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I thought it was more like

1 - Nothing happens
    2 - Nothing interesting happens
    3 - Everything that needed to happen gets crammed into one movie and it still isn't very interesting
    1. Sidious manufactures conflict between the Trade Federation and the Republic

2. Sidious gets the galaxy to go to war and the Jedi to adopt the instrument of their demise

3. Sidious ends the Republic and creates Vader

Resident Cosplay Progressive

My theory remains that it was Rey that while a Padawan 'exploded' and ended up killing a bunch of children, sending her father's Luke into depression and traumatizing Ben Solo, who gathered the other survivors (his future Knights) and were taken by the Dark Side.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    It really sounds like a Michael Bay title. So hacky and cheesy. Even the prequels had better titles.
    Attack of the clones begs to differ.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd be incredibly disappointed if "Forces of Destiny" turns out to be the title. Really clunky, don't like the idea of using the word "Force" twice in a row, and I don't like them departing from the naming conventions of the Classic and Prequel Trilogies.

I mean, The Force Awakens doesn't really match the naming conventions of The Phantom Menace (vague threat) and A New Hope (vague hope), to begin with, but it's reasonably close (vague happenings). I want the next title to be "something happens to a faction" or "a faction does something" and the finale to be "re-something of the something."

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I'd be incredibly disappointed if "Forces of Destiny" turns out to be the title. Really clunky, don't like the idea of using the word "Force" twice in a row, and I don't like them departing from the naming conventions of the Classic and Prequel Trilogies.

I mean, The Force Awakens doesn't really match the naming conventions of The Phantom Menace (vague threat) and A New Hope (vague hope), to begin with, but it's reasonably close (vague happenings). I want the next title to be "something happens to a faction" or "a faction does something" and the finale to be "re-something of the something."
    Episode VIII: Something something Republic or something something First Order?

Episode IX: Return and Revenge are already done, so.. Recall? Rebirth?

15+ Year Old Account
    For VIII, something striking like Battle for the Republic or Rise of the Order, though it's hard to speculate without any hint as to the plot. "Crusade" would be a cool word to get in there, given the look of the Knights of Ren.

For IX, it would be best to recall another mystical order... Reunion of the Whills, as an example. Hell, imagine the hype they'd get for Star Wars Episode IX: Rebirth of the Revan, even if it's just a reveal that the Knights of Ren are a modern sect of the ancient Order of Revan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    For VIII, something striking like Battle for the Republic or Rise of the Order, though it's hard to speculate without any hint as to the plot. "Crusade" would be a cool word to get in there, given the look of the Knights of Ren.

For IX, it would be best to recall another mystical order... Reunion of the Whills, as an example. Hell, imagine the hype they'd get for Star Wars Episode IX: Rebirth of the Revan, even if it's just a reveal that the Knights of Ren are a modern sect of the ancient Order of Revan.
    The Republic is dead. The home planets were all destroyed by "definitely not the death star", the senate are all dead. They're well aware of how badly people took to the politics so they killed all the politicians. I like the name in theory, perhaps it would have worked better for Attack of the Clones?

Also is Bogan really the name in some media for the Dark Side because that's hilarious, Bogans are like Aussie rednecks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i seriously doubt they would be able to get everyone on board as Ren being the hero after killing Han Solo so evilly.
    Thats the whole point, Ren realy have to stugel to get his redemtion, it make a good hero's (villain's) journey story.

But it will not hapen, Disney "empowered women" concept do not alow the woman to fail in a meaningful way, to fall to the dark side is to fail in a big way.

It's official. STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI is the next chapter of the Skywalker saga. This December. #TheLastJedi http://strw.rs/60198RpcU

time to rename the thread

Quote Originally Posted by t1saif View Post
    It's official. STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI is the next chapter of the Skywalker saga. This December. #TheLastJedi http://strw.rs/60198RpcU

time to rename the thread
    Way better than forces of destiny m
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Way better than forces of destiny m
    If you like spoilers in your movie titles, sure.

The Last Jedi. Let that sink in for a moment. That implies that either Luke or Rey will die in this movie, and since Rey is the new hero, that means Luke's fate is sealed.

Unless they're using the title as a metaphor in which Luke is the Last Jedi available to finish Rey's training. But I somehow doubt that, considering what they have done to Han Solo.

Eh, I am just being pessimistic here.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post

The Last Jedi. Let that sink in for a moment. That implies that either Luke or Rey will die in this movie, and since Rey is the new hero, that means Luke's fate is sealed.

Unless they're using the title as a metaphor in which Luke is the Last Jedi available to finish Rey's training. But I somehow doubt that, considering what they have done to Han Solo.

Rey isn't a Jedi. Force sensitive =/= Jedi. From a realistic perspective, though... they killed Han Solo. Did you think Luke was safe somehow?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

The Star Wars logo was in red with the announcement, seems pretty foreboding.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post

I feel it more implies that Luke is the last Jedi and will have a big role in the movie. Just because there is only one Jedi doesn't mean when another is created one has to die because of the movie title.

If I had to bet on one meaning, I'd go with Luke, but I would be surprised if it doesn't have multiple meanings. Saw a YouTube comment point out that "jedi" can be both singular and plural as well, which is worth keeping in mind.

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/823561256078548992
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2017-01-23 at 05:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We swear, it's the last last last Jedi this time around