What nerfs do you expect for Boomkins soon?

So after months of crying, forum post to reach out in blizzard for NA and EU, multiple threads on how Boomkins are dead and 4% isnt a big enough buff, people are pretty happy about 7.1.5. So what kind of nerfs do you expect us to get when they do the class balancing for NH?

Also, I am still here saying Boomkins are fine, to all the people who trolled for months saying that waiting and seeing wont do anything and that we need to cry like the fire mages did.

Probably a nerf of Stellar Drift's bonus damage if things keep progressing and Starfall becomes a viable ST spec. Things'll probably drift towards Starsurge again with 4piece bonus though so maybe nothing.

Well I hope nothing.
    Our ST is not nerf worthy and now we can finally compete in AoE with the big boys, but still we are not over the top.
    Tho knowing blizzard they will probably over react and nerf us back to AoE mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Probably a nerf of Stellar Drift's bonus damage if things keep progressing and Starfall becomes a viable ST spec. Things'll probably drift towards Starsurge again with 4piece bonus though so maybe nothing.
    If you are refering to Starfall being a viable ST spec to the "meme" build, then you are wrong. SF is no where close to being a single target spec. The ONLY reason it works on Helya is because of the adds in phase 2.

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    If you are refering to Starfall being a viable ST spec to the "meme" build, then you are wrong. SF is no where close to being a single target spec. The ONLY reason it works on Helya is because of the adds in phase 2.
    Isn't that what Starfall is designed to do? Extra damage over a wide area? I mean Boomkin does not burst to 1 million+ damage easily like mages, DH, DKs and their single target is no where near the top like Spriest, Rogues, Warriors and Mages so I'm not seeing anything nerf worthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think one more nerf to Innervate and maybe to Solar beam since we still bring too much utility and control in M++.

Quote Originally Posted by beaver1024 View Post
    Isn't that what Starfall is designed to do? Extra damage over a wide area? I mean Boomkin does not burst to 1 million+ damage easily like mages, DH, DKs and their single target is no where near the top like Spriest, Rogues, Warriors and Mages so I'm not seeing anything nerf worthy.
    Thats what it is designed to do, but it in no way is a better single target than the normal SS rotation. Im not saying it needs a nerf, Im just saying that people think the meme spec is OP when it really isnt. People have been using SD on Helya since week 1

People saying Starfall is viable single target do not understand the results of Gebuz Helya kill. Yes, he was also doing a lot of boss dmg, but that's just because there is so much movement and empowered DoTs are doing a lot of damage. Use Starfall as only AP spender for Nythendra and enjoy your last place. Even if it comes close in sole numbers to SS you lose all empowerments, and that's quite a bit of single target damage. With the 2pc buffing empowered spells and 4pc buffing SS, Starfall will be definitely not used single target, ever.

Regarding our AoE it is finally in a place again that it warrents the trade-off of single target damage. But we are only better than other AoE classes when targets are spread out. Otherwise, for instance in m+, we do not pull ahead of monks/DKs/DHs. But it's nice that we are not totally useless on trash anymore.

And looking at warcraftlogs, there is no fight where moonkins populate a high percentage of the top 200 parses. Now shadow priests on the other hand... So I don't think we have to worry about nerf to moonkin any time soon.
    Last edited by cujoe; 2017-01-13 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    I think one more nerf to Innervate and maybe to Solar beam since we still bring too much utility and control in M++.
    P much. I'm still miffed we couldn't get stampeding roar back as baseline for the class :/
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Personally I don't think any nerfs will be coming, reason being - We are not broken, we're not stronger then any other class in any case. Single target, retri paladin, DH, Warriors, mage and so on beats us 90% of the time. Same with AoE we're not topping those meters, What we are strong on are cleave dps, and even then we're not better then other classes like shadow priests. I think we look to be in a decent place so no need to nerf. If I must choose something, then it would be to nerf Stellar Drift, but that wouldn't be fair, basically making us not viable for most fights in Nighthold, so I hope Blizzard doesn't change anything and see how it works in NH tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    did you bother looking at the rest of the kills on the log?

527K on Guarm
    507K on Nythendra
    560K on Ursoc

Those are all using the Starfall build. I would say those numbers are a bit high for starfall to be doing on a pure single target fight.

Show me a mage using flamestrike instead of pyroblast purely single target and still doing decent damage and tell me it's okay.

The point is even though a starfall build is not as good as our regular ST build, it is uncomfortably close. To an extent this isn't even about Starfall build Vs. ST build. It's about Starfall build Vs. other classes. If i played my single target build and a mage beat me on guarm by messing around and casting nothing bu flamestrikes, i'd be kinda butthurt.

The gap between builds is going to drastically change once we get 4pc next week so comparing the 2 is moot.
    Last edited by Skyepic; 2017-01-13 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyepic View Post
    The point is even though a starfall build is not as good as our regular ST build, it is uncomfortably close. To an extent this isn't even about Starfall build Vs. ST build. It's about Starfall build Vs. other classes. If i played my single target build and a mage beat me on guarm by messing around and casting nothing bu flamestrikes, i'd be kinda butthurt.

I don't think that's quite right. Just sticking with the fire mage comparison, for example, their single target rotation has a ton of free aoe in it.

Warlocks, Shadow also can get loads of multi-target damage while maintaining a strong single target focus.

Because our dots are so weak without Stellar Empowerments and provide so little of our single target damage, moonkin used to get almost nothing from adding another target or even two.

Because of Stellar Empowerment we pretty much need Starfall builds to be somewhat close to Starsurge.

On topic: I don't think any nerfs or due. I could see our nukes getting a small buff.

I also think the Stellar Flare needs a buff. It's not even better than SotF on 2 targets. When is it good?
    Last edited by thedeisel; 2017-01-13 at 03:48 PM.

d
    Show me a mage using flamestrike instead of pyroblast purely single target and still doing decent damage and tell me it's okay.

The gap between builds is going to drastically change once we get 4pc next week so comparing the 2 is moot.
    The mage analogy is a bit flawed as they sacrifice quite a lot using flame strike due to it not being able to proc heating up, we on the other hand trade solar/lunar empowerments for stellar empowerment.

Also a 10-15% difference that, as you stated, will only increase with our set bonus isn't problematic in my eyes.

As for possible nerfs(if blizz deems it necessary), what we might see is that they'll make starfall not stackable.

527K on Guarm
    507K on Nythendra
    560K on Ursoc

Did you bother to look? How is doing 100k less dps than the normal build viable?

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing change for boomkins, we did it boys

Deleted
    no change for pve yet, but inb4 pvp nerf

Deleted
    I was really worried, but still, no nerf!

527K on Guarm
    507K on Nythendra
    560K on Ursoc

Those are all using the Starfall build. I would say those numbers are a bit high for starfall to be doing on a pure single target fight.

Your comparison is off on so many levels here though.
    First off, the numbers you gave aren't competitive amongst druids and they're far from competitive cross-class. You're looking at some other classes doing 700-900k DPS for those fights so 500-600k is far from competitive.
    Secondly, at first you compare to a mage casting flamestrike instead of pyroblast. That's already a lackluster comparison because pyroblast makes up for the vast majority of mage damage whereas starsurge doesn't. Of course you'll lose less DPS if you replace less of your single target damage with AoE.
    Thirdly, at last you talk about a mage "messing around and casting nothing but flamestrikes". That'd be the equivalent of you not casting anything but lunar strike. Guess how well that'd go?

The reason the build works so well on Helya even for boss damage is that your traditional single target builds are severely handicapped by all the movement involved. Nature's Balance in particular is useless when you have to move (allowing you to re-apply DoTs) frequently. Blessing of Ancients and Starlord become weaker compared to Shooting Stars and Treants proportional to how much movement there is. The same is true for Incarnation as well which relies on being able to chaincast to be really strong.
    Last edited by GT4; 2017-01-14 at 09:19 AM.

I like how Boomkin finally got some buffs and we're already so upset when it will be nerfed?

Balance is fine now