Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    His speech can't keep up with his IQ. That's why. Too much stuff trying to come out at the same time. I mean the man is trying to speak 6 things at the same time. Too much mind power, not enough resource for laying it out...
    Yeah, that's Trump's problem, he's so smart he sounds retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Medievaldragon View Post
    I don't believe his quotes. Just quoting what he said, and (overstatament here) the fact that he has an inability to express himself coherently.
    Or he's simply naturally inclined to http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Gish_Gallop

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Yeah, that's Trump's problem, he's so smart he sounds retarded.
    I preferred Bush Jr.'s Bushisms to Trumps mess of words

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    It's hard to put together a coherent thought when you have a toupée stapled to your brain.
    Your notion that it's a rug on top of his head is offensive to rug makers. No toupee in history has ever looked that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I would never stoop so low as to use sarcasm.

More importantly: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assass...t_Barack_Obama

Remember the good old days when all we had to worry about were people actually trying to assassinate the president? Now we have to worry about them saying not just mean, but callously indifferent things about the next one. I fear we're being driven to the breaking point.
    That's actually....really disturbing. Reading further and it's really depressing:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...mpts_and_plots

I think some of you guys over there need to chill out more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    You're entirely right of course, the man is an enigma, quite possibly even an abomination unto rationality. It does not seem to matter what he says, he needs only to defend himself verbally as a 10 year old might with "No I didn't" or a lie...which is usually "No I didn't", but even when you can prove that indeed he did then no one seems to be able to hold him to account. It's truly fascinating.

The only thing I find interesting in his public speaking is his penchant for narcissism and self-aggrandizement whilst waffling on. Like he gets abit lost as to what he should be talking about and his default is "Shit! Best talk about how awesome I am until I can remember what the fuck I was meant to be doing!". Personally I find it hard to believe that he's not seriously mentally ill but that's just me, enough of the right people seem to think he should be The Leader of the Free World so that's that. As a member of the rest of the Free World I think we may need to find a new label to stick onto ourselves....like The Other Free World so people are clear that he does not represent us.
    Being very experienced with public rhetoric myself, i can let you in on a little secret:

A mass of people, is much less prone to actual critical thought. Sure, they exist - the few who critically challenge what you say - But when you are in front of a lot of people, the mass psychosis of the masses takes over, and what is left is the imprint of your personality. If your personality is strong, you can get away with the mere tone of what you are saying - Not what you are actually saying.

Much like why you can be speaking of the Cure to cancer, but if you do that in a boring matter, no-one will care.

Humans are very primitive.

Trump might be the least eloquent speaker we have ever seen. He does in fact speak like a rambling ADD kid.

However, I would challenge the notion that he is not an EXTREMELY effective communicator. It's not pretty. It doesn't make much sense. But, at the end of the day, everyone knows what he wanted to communicate, ramblings and all. That sounds like a low bar but, consider how little you gain from listening to normal politicians. Most of them speak in what could be basically called coach speak. They never actually say anything, but nobody can claim they denied the media access.

He clearly uses marketing techniques, badly, to solidify his point. It sounds like he is just repeating himself. But, what he is really doing is using the same techniques they use in commercials to maximize effectiveness. The scary thought, is what happens when a good speaker copies the methods of advertisers, given how successful Trump just was while doing it badly?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Trump might be the least eloquent speaker we have ever seen. He does in fact speak like a rambling ADD kid.

However, I would challenge the notion that he is not an EXTREMELY effective communicator. It's not pretty. It doesn't make much sense. But, at the end of the day, everyone knows what he wanted to communicate, ramblings and all. That sounds like a low bar but, consider how little you gain from listening to normal politicians. Most of them speak in what could be basically called coach speak. They never actually say anything, but nobody can claim they denied the media access.

He clearly uses marketing techniques, badly, to solidify his point. It sounds like he is just repeating himself. But, what he is really doing is using the same techniques they use in commercials to maximize effectiveness. The scary thought, is what happens when a good speaker copies the methods of advertisers, given how successful Trump just was while doing it badly?
    On the contrary, Trump rambles about some general idea then people fill in the blanks and unexplained parts with their own wishful thinking. That was prominent throughout the election. Everywhere people were talking about the things Trump had promised he was going to do, that he'd never even once said.

This concept was even more apparent when you considered that most Trumpkins all had different ideas about what few concrete ideas he did have and how they were going to be carried out.

He communicates ideas - but so can any idiot. He just does it with an arrogance, hubris, and narcissism that some mistake for confidence. Trump U raked in the money not because it was selling any kind of actual education, but because it took the Trump style of salesmanship, and sold people the idea that they were going to make tons of money if they gave him money.

I did find great amusement in seeing much of what was laid out in the handbook for employees - sales strategies to con people out of their money - was used play for play in his campaign to win votes.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Reading a trump transcript is like reading the ramblings of a 6th grader.
    That's an insult to 6th graders everywhere. Maybe you mean 6 year old?

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    On the contrary, Trump rambles about some general idea then people fill in the blanks and unexplained parts with their own wishful thinking. That was prominent throughout the election. Everywhere people were talking about the things Trump had promised he was going to do, that he'd never even once said.

This concept was even more apparent when you considered that most Trumpkins all had different ideas about what few concrete ideas he did have and how they were going to be carried out.

He communicates ideas - but so can any idiot. He just does it with an arrogance, hubris, and narcissism that some mistake for confidence. Trump U raked in the money not because it was selling any kind of actual education, but because it took the Trump style of salesmanship, and sold people the idea that they were going to make tons of money if they gave him money.
    If anyone was the fill in the blank guy, it was Obama. I'm not saying Obama is anything but a fantastic public speaker, but his initial campaign of Hope and Change, is about as fill in the blank as any in history. He may has well ran on "I'm gonna do good stuff".

I'm not trying to paint Trump as some evil genius speaker. I'm simply pointing out that the techniques he uses, are also used by advertisers. Given his degree in economics, it's likely he is poorly carrying out what he learned in college. It does sound like the ramblings of a mad man. But, it's not too hard to follow, and the rank and file Americans can relate to his simple sounding rhetoric. I could listen to someone like Obama or Reagan speak all day. But, the reality is, the eyes of the average human glaze over about 2 minutes in to those types of flowery rhetoric speeches.

Unlike Obama right, who couldn't get a sentence out without a teleprompter in front of him?

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I see Liberals lack a desire to win another election.
    Yep 8 years of trump. gonna have a few swimming pools full now.

Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    Unlike Obama right, who couldn't get a sentence out without a teleprompter in front of him?
    Trump should use them too, that way he might stay on topic and not rant about random things.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Trump should use them too, that way he might stay on topic and not rant about random things.
    Maybe he should, he's about as smart as the guy leaving office is.

Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    Maybe he should, he's about as smart as the guy leaving office is.
    Apparently not smart enough to use a teleprompter when it would serve him.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Apparently not smart enough to use a teleprompter when it would serve him.
    No, I think they're equally smart.

Get over it. It's done. Trump won, and the Democrats have been exposed as deceitful, corrupt, arrogant elitists.

If you can't follow Trump's answers (he sometimes speaks in parables and throws in jokes, HOW CONFUSING) that's your comprehension problem.

Stop telling people how to express themselves, PC Offense Culture Followers.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverb256 View Post
    Get over it. It's done. Trump won, and the Democrats have been exposed as deceitful, corrupt, arrogant elitists.

If you can't follow Trump's answers (he sometimes speaks in parables and throws in jokes, HOW CONFUSING) that's your comprehension problem.

Stop telling people how to express themselves, PC Offense Culture Followers.
    Its kinda of....dumb to insult others as "deceitful corrupt and arrogant" while defending a pathological liar who lives in a gold tower with his name on it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverb256 View Post
    I don't get that argument coming up all the time. It's actually hasn't even started yet.
    This isn't the Super Bowl where you win, take home your trophy and everything's over.

Guys the Democrats are such elitists

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    I bet the smell of stale piss in that room is overwhelming.
    Dude saw one of Saddam's mansions on 20/20 and said "yeah gimme that look"