Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yes, because I have no clue why BM isn't the melee spec. From almost every hunter I've known as a friend/raiding it has always been the consensus that BM was the most boring and poorly designed spec and that generally people only liked it if it was doing a lot of damage or they had a cool exotic pet. On top of that, getting intimate with your enemies seems more like something a beast commander would do, like Rexxar.

Survival was always my favorite hunter spec. I get why they changed it and I like the new melee survival a lot, but I wish it had been BM instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mop was the best expansion

15+ Year Old Account
    If they would've held onto the old survival while applying the new PVP rules it would've been a great spec still. It was just OP in PVP so they couldn't buff it in PVE. With the separation they could've fleshed out the dot class and people would've continued to like it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I dearly, dearly miss it. I was survival from original Karazhan (for Expose Weakness) to Legion. It was basically the reason I played a Hunter. It was fun and engaging, and now it's gone. Sure, there are elements of Survival in current MM, but it's not the same. For me, Hunters were retired in Legion, and replaced with a new class. I'm still maining "hunter", but it's nowhere near as enjoyable as it was in Warlords, Pandaria, etc. Maybe by the time Legion is over, the devs will have "listened" to enough "feedback" that they'll "give us" back our old rotations. Maybe I'm a crotchety old troll that doesn't like change. Probably that.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Yes, because I have no clue why BM isn't the melee spec. From almost every hunter I've known as a friend/raiding it has always been the consensus that BM was the most boring and poorly designed spec and that generally people only liked it if it was doing a lot of damage or they had a cool exotic pet. On top of that, getting intimate with your enemies seems more like something a beast commander would do, like Rexxar.

Survival was always my favorite hunter spec. I get why they changed it and I like the new melee survival a lot, but I wish it had been BM instead.
    None of the existing specs should have gone melee, they should have done a fourth spec. SV was the only real choice for having one of the existing ones change, though. They were the only ones that had ever had even slight melee gameplay. BM was not boring. It got that reputation back in BC when the ideal play for it was the one-button scroll wheel macro. There was a lot more to it after that, particularly once focus became a thing in Cata. A lot of hunters never gave it a chance after the nerf in 3.0.8 until BRF. Plenty of us enjoyed it a lot.

That being said, while I preferred BM, I liked Cata-MoP SV a lot too and definitely miss it. They deliberately ruined it in WoD so they could have an excuse to change it.

No. Melee survival is the best thing that has happened to hunters since vanilla.

Just play MM. Same shit pretty much now since you got your traps back.

Deleted
    No, this one is more fun and the new explosive shot is a joke, I don't ever want to use that again lol.

The new Survival also has more dots and utility than the old one. Melee hunter is fun imo

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    MoP survival was the best hunter spec ever made
    I agree. Although a part of me misses Wotlk Survival even more. I loved when you had to time Explosive shot ticks to max DPS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    No. Melee survival is the best thing that has happened to hunters since vanilla.

Just play MM. Same shit pretty much now since you got your traps back.

Current MM play style is no where close to how old SV played. Its like a different class.

Yes! So so much, loved the old survival
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcleave View Post
    I agree. Although a part of me misses Wotlk Survival even more. I loved when you had to time Explosive shot ticks to max DPS.

- - - Updated - - -

Current MM play style is no where close to how old SV played. Its like a different class.
    Run/jump around spamming instants and occasionally hard cast abilities. Throw some traps. Its pretty much as boring as ranged sv was

MoP Survival, never forget.

Deleted
    MoP Survival was the best, will always have a place in my heart <3.

Well, "old survival" is Vanilla's one to me. I like Legion's SV. The hunter is great as it is. He deserved better than 3 similar ranged specs.

A heal or tank 4th spec could be good.

All hunter specs were butchered in Legion. BM and MM remain a simulacrum of their old selves, but the similarities are superficial.

I always played MM in every expansion since Cata, but now can't stand the new version. And I thank God for the new Survival. If not for it, I'd have quit my Hunter and go something else for a while (probably mage). I think it's exactly because it's so different that I like it, feels like playing a new class, instead of a gimped version of something you once liked.

I've said it again and again: melee hunter is a nice addition, but changing BM and MM so much was a terrible idea. MM should've got options to simulate old Survival via talents (old MM and old Survival were very similar, they even got the same talents; only rotational skills were different, so it would be quite easy to just allow rotation skills throught talents, mix and matching the old styles).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    no
    New survival is way more interesting than that crap spec ever was.
    I choose this one.

Survival was a nothing spec.
    In vanila and TBC, they didn't even try to hide it, it was there because they wanted every class to have 3 specs and ended up with making some feeler specs.
    At WotLK they made survival a 2nd MM spec and so it was from that point till they turned it melee.
    Survival didn't had any different game play then MM, it was always a matter of what doing more damage currently and that was what you ware playing.

If the hunter class was made today, it would prolly only have 2 specs and survival would never been made really.

while the old survival lacked the burst to take down a competent healer 1v1 in pvp, kiting everything else to death was always fun. new style is alright i guess but if i wanted to play melee i'd play a proper melee class with all the bells and whistles
    somebody call for d doctor?

Deleted
    I miss it alot, the reason I liked it the most during SoO was because it felt like it was a ranged melee class. I really want it back!

10+ Year Old Account
    i was in love with the mop / wod survival hunter =(

Deleted
    no we were lucky that they decided to make sv melee spec at least its not destroyed and butchered like mm spec for example, its insanely fun in pvp, and it has some strong indentity, good fantasy around it; bm is ok too, but mm just ...