Want to do brawlers guild but..

I'm usually bear but the dps won't cut it.

Feral or balance?

Assuming equal gear/artifact progress, I can't think of any reason you'd do it as balance.

Benefits of feral:
    +Higher single target DPS
    +Better defensive cooldowns and self-healing
    +Significantly more mobility that doesn't impact your DPS a ton

The only thing balance would be better at is very spread AoE

Deleted
    Ive done it all day as Balance. But i cant continue more then Rank 7 too the second last boss.. why? NO FUCKING INTERRUPTS. so go FERAL

You can outrange the spell if you take him to a corner

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    You can outrange the spell if you take him to a corner
    That acually work thanks! now i just need to have a perfect run with some luck. Brawlers guild is not boomkin friendly tho compared too other classes zZZzz

Deleted
    In Wod I did all of the BG as a bear. Is it really impossible now?

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeepsneeft View Post
    In Wod I did all of the BG as a bear. Is it really impossible now?
    Well gear gets better and better. What we have now will be a joke 6-12 months in the future. Maybe when you did it in WoD, we were a few patches in and gear was better than what Brawler's was balanced for?

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    Well gear gets better and better. What we have now will be a joke 6-12 months in the future. Maybe when you did it in WoD, we were a few patches in and gear was better than what Brawler's was balanced for?
    In WOD We had Cat form giant burst with HOTW remember. I could outdps any dps any day.

I did Guardian up to Razorgrin, then I've gone Feral. I feel very disoriented at what I have to watch in terms of CDs and debuffs but I'm making it work.

I was able to get to rank 7 with 2bosses left to rank8.
    Had to use cat-weaving for the later bosses and it was really close (53 traits & 893ilvl, double pots bloodlust etc.)
    dps requirement is too high for the next 2 bosses though so I'll have to put AP into feral weapon i guess :P

Deleted
    Stuck on rank 7, Epicus Maximus.. 872 ilevel, feral. Using drums, double pots, flask, rune etc).
    Closest I got to was a 2.3% wipe.. Frustrating.. Guess need to wait until have some more gear

EDIT: I've killed them.
    Last edited by Daan; 2017-01-13 at 01:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feline Grace View Post
    Stuck on rank 7, Epicus Maximus.. 872 ilevel, feral. Using drums, double pots, flask, rune etc).
    Closest I got to was a 2.3% wipe.. Frustrating.. Guess need to wait until have some more gear
    Yeah you need 500k DPS too make it i think, good job on 2% its a tough fight :P

Hey i will give you my opinion as a 886 balance druid that have managed to get rank 8.

In all short if you can choose go feral cause caster have a severe disadvantage on some encounters, most notorious on the last 2 fast that can get movement intensive at some points.

For any balance druids that think that can sustain the 520k+ for epicusand 550k+ for d-ray i will give you a few tips that may help you:

For epicus not having a proper interrupt can be very anoying if you interrupt fast enough his first cast you wil have it for it's third cast also, for his second and last cast be sure to lure him to one of the corners of the rooms when he is about to cast and displacer away to outrange his cast.

For d-ray there are some thing that i can say:
    First try to have enough astral power for at least 2 starsurges when he turns into the first boss (don't remember name right now) and cast them while moving away to avoid her shockwave.
    For kil'rogg all try to save starsurges for him also he just makes you lose a lot of dps cause he pretty constant movement but please don't use displacer here you will need it for xulhorac.
    For gorefiend pretty much the same if you can save 1 starsurge here to lanch while moving will help you with the downtime
    For fel lord try to lore him to a side of the room and when he is casting be sure that you're not against a wall otherwhise you will have some downtime being knockback threw a wall.
    For xul be sure to be in another corner of the room and displacer when he cast his blackhole
    For tyrant just pop a health pot and barkskin.
    And probably if he makes its to archimonde is a wipe he should be death b4 that or very close to so you can finish him with moonfires direct damage.

Overall those 2, are really a pain for casters and to be honest i was stuck in the last one for a while until i went into a raid and got a ED legendary drop then i had the dps to do it... it requires a lot of dps and prob a good legendary if you don't have 890+ like me , for feral def the requirement of ilvl is lower cause they have a better toolkit to deal with most 7 rank bosses but the serpent... if you're mele at the serpent you gonna have some troubles but def not as bad as a caster on the last 2 bosses

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by troblito View Post
    Hey i will give you my opinion as a 886 balance druid that have managed to get rank 8.

In all short if you can choose go feral cause caster have a severe disadvantage on some encounters, most notorious on the last 2 fast that can get movement intensive at some points.

For any balance druids that think that can sustain the 520k+ for epicusand 550k+ for d-ray i will give you a few tips that may help you:

For epicus not having a proper interrupt can be very anoying if you interrupt fast enough his first cast you wil have it for it's third cast also, for his second and last cast be sure to lure him to one of the corners of the rooms when he is about to cast and displacer away to outrange his cast.

For d-ray there are some thing that i can say:
    First try to have enough astral power for at least 2 starsurges when he turns into the first boss (don't remember name right now) and cast them while moving away to avoid her shockwave.
    For kil'rogg all try to save starsurges for him also he just makes you lose a lot of dps cause he pretty constant movement but please don't use displacer here you will need it for xulhorac.
    For gorefiend pretty much the same if you can save 1 starsurge here to lanch while moving will help you with the downtime
    For fel lord try to lore him to a side of the room and when he is casting be sure that you're not against a wall otherwhise you will have some downtime being knockback threw a wall.
    For xul be sure to be in another corner of the room and displacer when he cast his blackhole
    For tyrant just pop a health pot and barkskin.
    And probably if he makes its to archimonde is a wipe he should be death b4 that or very close to so you can finish him with moonfires direct damage.

Overall those 2, are really a pain for casters and to be honest i was stuck in the last one for a while until i went into a raid and got a ED legendary drop then i had the dps to do it... it requires a lot of dps and prob a good legendary if you don't have 890+ like me , for feral def the requirement of ilvl is lower cause they have a better toolkit to deal with most 7 rank bosses but the serpent... if you're mele at the serpent you gonna have some troubles but def not as bad as a caster on the last 2 bosses
    I just made it as balance.. last one took ahell lot of time! I used the BOOTS legendary and ED simply because i died too easy even if i dodged everything perfect. Its a hard fight last one and it req some DPS i were 884!

Quote Originally Posted by troblito View Post
    if you're mele at the serpent you gonna have some troubles but def not as bad as a caster on the last 2 bosses
    As a Feral, I found the serpent easy, because you can move slowly backwards while pressing your rota.
    Now I stuck on Ray D. Tear. Feral is my second spec, so I haven't optimal gear (and no Feral legendaries), but I will try it several times, with Pots etc.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    As feral, I found every boss to be easier than I expected. I'm also a bit crappy geared, 871 ilvl. PvPer life.