Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    But you do know that Brawlers Guild was ALWAYS about PvE right? Until now that is. I think it is nice that there can be some surprise raidboss spawn or the like but the pvp should stay in Battlegrounds Arena and such imo.
    What pvp? You don't fight other players in the rumble matches, you fight certain bosses which require multiple people to defeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    So - you want a PvE solo instance ?
    Yes, they're amazing in Blade and Soul and TERA. I wish Blizzard would copy one of the 20-30 floor tower solo arena deals from one of those games (TERA's is a group one though). They technically already did in MoP, but it wasn't as epic/fun and as fleshed out as it could be.

That being said, I like Brawlers Guild as well.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    In short because it's an MMO and not a single player game. I'm not saying long queues dont suck but Brawlers guild is usually a place when you get whispers from other players or can cheer on guild mates etc.
    '
    Just because it's an MMO doesn't mean there can't be solo PvE at all. People play MMOs for different reasons. Some people only play WoW for the pet battles which aren't exactly MMO-like either lol

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Yes, they're amazing in Blade and Soul and TERA. I wish Blizzard would copy one of the 20-30 floor tower solo arena deals from one of those games (TERA's is a group one though). They technically already did in MoP, but it wasn't as epic/fun and as fleshed out as it could be.

That being said, I like Brawlers Guild as well.
    Yeah, BnS's tower arena was what I'd love to have in WoW. Brawler's Guild is relatively the same, but not quite with the annoying queues and now random group brawls that are literally tank n spank.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2017-01-11 at 11:00 AM.

The rumbles are FUCKING AWFUL.

Yes, Brawler's is amazing if you play a weak dps class (even with good gear).

Quote Originally Posted by MCO Readycheck View Post
    Whats the first rule of Brawlers guild?
    Talk to a guard and wait your turn?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    The rumbles are FUCKING AWFUL.
    yeah rumbles really do suck once you got the achievement.
    Anyway, the new bosses are really cool.
    Here is a video of one of the rank 8 bosses: Strange Thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-QU...ature=youtu.be

if you are interested, there are all rank 1-7 bosses on my yt channel(mostly zerg-kills, because im too bad to play mechanics the right way :/ )

Brawler's Guild has always been a great addition to the game. I'm annoyed that I need to go find a new invitation for my DH, though.

its hilarious doing it with some guildies, betting for or against each other i was crying yesterday from the discord banter.

Have they fixed the rep bug?

The Rumble system is inherently bad. Brawl guild was made to be a place for players to experience challenging, fun, solo content. So they added a system where people can be sucked into a surprise group fight?

Not only that this will typically result in a small number of happenings.

1. A lot of people are there and one or more persons start calling up rumbles. So people who were already waiting in a long line and thrust into the rumble, then lose their place in line. In this case its pretty much just players being griefed.

2. There arent many people there and the rumble cant be beaten.

3. People form a raid to just do rumbles. People who are there to beat the guild are forced into rumbles and pretty much either stick around for them, or come back an hour or two later.

Its just stupid.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

I think the rumbles are a cool idea, but there needs to be a cooldown on them. Getting spammed with 10 stranglethorn runs in a row is not fun.

I think the new system is pretty interesting, and has added up a lot more of a sense of community to the Brawler's Guild. I see people commenting on fights, giving advice to new players or cheering someone on a very hard fight, making jokes etc. The fact that you can purchase a benefit that affects not only yourself is great and is what PVE content on a MMO should be all about.

That being said, there are issues. Rumbles could be better, doing them without a graveyard can be super frustrating. I've also seen some weird instancing problems, from people not finishing fights to a time where I was given my own personal instance(which was weird as hell, but kinda of awesome).

The greatest problem is, without a doubt, the queue time. If you're facing a boss that is particularly difficult you might need several tries to get it down, specially if you are not that geared (I'm looking at you, Master Paku), and having to wait for 10 people each time you want to give it a try can be very frustrating. Still, making it a single player instance, as some have suggested, would be deterimental to that sense of community that brews from it. It is fun to watch people fight. But only for a while.

What they could do is make the Guild bigger, with a couple more rooms with extra Arenas. So players could q up on different places, reducing the wait time, without losing the fun of watching someone down a boss that you've never seen before or run aimlessly trying to figure Burnstachio out.

It's deeply flawed for this expansion because for healers and tanks who've invested most if not all of their traits into their respective weapons, we don't have the required dps to beat the enrage timers.
    Last edited by Bodymass; 2017-01-13 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Grammatical error

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodymass View Post
    It's deeply flawed for this expansion because for healers and tanks who've invested most if not all of their traits into their respective weapons, we don't have the required dps to beat the enrage timers.
    It's always been a dps thing. It's to be expected. If you can't do it now, just come back in 2-3 patches and stomp it

Quote Originally Posted by Bodymass View Post
    It's only really the last boss that has that issue, and it'll be gone the moment nighthold comes out and you can stomp in in 20-30 ilvls higher gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    The Rumble system is inherently bad. Brawl guild was made to be a place for players to experience challenging, fun, solo content. So they added a system where people can be sucked into a surprise group fight?

Not only that this will typically result in a small number of happenings.

1. A lot of people are there and one or more persons start calling up rumbles. So people who were already waiting in a long line and thrust into the rumble, then lose their place in line. In this case its pretty much just players being griefed.

2. There arent many people there and the rumble cant be beaten.

3. People form a raid to just do rumbles. People who are there to beat the guild are forced into rumbles and pretty much either stick around for them, or come back an hour or two later.

Its just stupid.
    1. Buy the spirit healer. You won't lose your position in the queue if you wipe a rumble boss and the spirit healer is up. In my experience, you rarely even have to buy it yourself, it is up almost constantly.

2. This is annoying I agree with you on that. People starting rumbles when only four people are present is often just a waste of time.

3. Can't say I have experienced this myself and I get how it can be annoying if you're just there to progress your own rank. But then again, rumbles have a cd on them. You cannot buy a rumble card for some turns after one has concluded. They cannot be queued up one after another.

Personally i like the new brawl system. The betting system creates a sense of community within the arena. Every time I've been in there, people have been chatting with each other between fights, discussing their bets or offering advice to others. Rarely have there been any flaming, it's usually rather nice. It's been so long since I've witnessed a random group of people just having normal conversation anywhere in the game.

The rumble system is fine in my eyes. It offers some variety to the whole thing, and rewards everyone who participates (if successful of course). There are minor issues with it sure (like people getting thrown into rumbles alone if the rumble card is bought at a specific time). I don't see the "losing my place in queue" problem. The spirit healer is basically up all the time and if it's not, it's relatively cheap to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    It's only really the last boss that has that issue, and it'll be gone the moment nighthold comes out and you can stomp in in 20-30 ilvls higher gear
    I don't see a tank beating Nibbleh or Epicus Maximus at the moment tbh. Those are rather tight dps checks aswell.
    Last edited by Captain Douchebag; 2017-01-13 at 12:56 PM.

I don't understand what people are talking about chatting between fights & offering advice - this is standard fare everytime new bosses come out in BG. Yeah I enjoy the betting system particularly for banter with friends but it's completely unrelated to the atmosphere BG has always had on weeks new bosses came out.

@Captain Douchebag a tank or healer in dps spec will beat them. You are not supposed to be doing this in a nondps spec (that's why all the bosses do like 0 damage if you dodge their mechanics now, previously they used to sometimes have semi-threatening unavoidable damage).

If you can't beat them, it's not your artifact (which should be 30+ regardless if you have 35 in MS, due to how it costs a single mythic run or so to get there) or your spec that's stopping you clearing. You may be outright undergeared, but then you weren't going to do Ray.D. Tear as a main dps spec anyway in that gear.
    Last edited by Raiju; 2017-01-13 at 12:58 PM.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I don't understand what people are talking about chatting between fights & offering advice - this is standard fare everytime new bosses come out in BG. Yeah I enjoy the betting system particularly for banter with friends but it's completely unrelated to the atmosphere BG has always had on weeks new bosses came out.
    Sure, it has always been a thing in BG. I just find it to be more prevalent this time around. Might just be me.

@Captain Douchebag a tank or healer in dps spec will beat them. You are not supposed to be doing this in a nondps spec (that's why all the bosses do like 0 damage if you dodge their mechanics now, previously they used to sometimes have semi-threatening unavoidable damage).
    All I said was that it's not only Ray D. Tear who needs a certain amount of dps. You kinda' made it sound like that in the post i quoted.

I agree, you're not supposed to do this in either tank or healer spec, never claimed otherwise.

By nature of the dps difference required if Ray D. Tear is viable for you the others are easy to meet. It doesn't seem worth mentioning.