Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    People bitching about launch titles forget N64, 3DS, PS2, etc.
    Or they remember actual good launches. Dreamcast, Gamecube, Xbox, PS4, XB1.

Using bad launches to defend a bad launch sounds a tad insane.

The bigger issue is not the launch, but the launch window. The only game even in the pipeline before summer is another Wii U port. Yawn.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-01-13 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well new nintendo 3ds is not that old. (will be 2 years for EU now)

Nintendo ds = JP: December 2, 2004
    Nintendo DS Lite = JP: March 2, 2006
    Nintendo DSi = JP: November 1, 2008
    2ds = 12 October 2013
    3ds = JP: February 26, 2011
    3ds XL = JP: July 28, 2012
    New 3ds = JP: October 11, 2014
    Switch = 2017

Not until 2018 -19

They realise a new handheld every 2 years. But problem with switch is that it cant play 3ds cardiges. Unless they add some device later that can read them. (wich is quite a posibility)
    New 3DS has Xenoblade. That's all. It was never an real upgrade and it made no sense for devs to make games exclusive to it because that just confuses consumers and limits poteantian userbase.

3DS needs real replacement. It may be Switch, it might be something else. Neither way I'm not too hopeful anymore. Online play has been removed in either case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    New 3DS has Xenoblade. That's all. It was never an real upgrade and it made no sense for devs to make games exclusive to it because that just confuses consumers and limits poteantian userbase.

3DS needs real replacement. It may be Switch, it might be something else. Neither way I'm not too hopeful anymore. Online play has been removed in either case.
    Since its nintendo it would probaly be 19.99 euro /mounth --- JUST TO CONNECT
    Don't sweat the details!!!

If anything, at least i know that i won't be getting the Switch anytime soon. I was only hyped for BotW, and while it's a launch title, i don't feel the need to get it as soon as possible hence i'll just wait for a deal or something.

Also, buying the Switch for a single game looks more and more unconvenient for me.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Voice chat requires an app on your smartphone? What the fuck?

Do you think the Switch will be Nintendo's last home console?

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    The Wii U was nintendo's last home console.

This is a handheld that can be docked with an HDMI out...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Voice chat requires an app on your smartphone? What the fuck?
    Didn't Nintendo say a few years ago that their future hardware would be compatible with smart devices?

brief thoughts:
    -region locking is now pretty much dead in videogames. Good bloody riddance.
    -Sanic adventure 3 looks rad, bit wierd Mario is in it
    -SMT SMT SMT
    -price is fine and what i expected
    -paid online better mean it doesnt just shut down services for good like in the past so often
    -finally a zelda story trailer and that just looks fantastic, havent been this excited for a zelda since wind waker.

Still not nearly enough games on the whole, definitely want to know if there will be digital versions of some wii u titles like Bayo 2 but aside from that i didnt buy a wii u, i am probably buying one of these. But i'm also not screaming my head off going hype blind. They showed like 4 first party games and mario is a christmas release. Gotta see more to get excited.

LIKE GODDAMN MONSTER HUNTER COME ON CAPCOM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    Its not really a home console though is it?

£280 for the console in the UK is a good £80 more than I would have wanted and about £60 more than I expected (For base stuff)

10+ Year Old Account
    Curious as to why Xenoblade switched (heh) art direction to a more anime style. Also curious if I need to play 1 or X to understand 2 when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    Curious as to why Xenoblade switched (heh) art direction to a more anime style. Also curious if I need to play 1 or X to understand 2 when it comes out.
    Xenoblade was already anime style... The colors are more vibrant that's about it.

You probably don't need to play either to understand it. It looked to have no real connection to either game outside of sharing the same world. I'm sure there will be ties to both games, but not going to need to understand those to get the story. That's not monolith's style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Xenoblade was already anime style... The colors are more vibrant that's about it.

You probably don't need to play either to understand it. It looked to have no real connection to either game outside of sharing the same world. I'm sure there will be ties to both games, but not going to need to understand those to get the story. That's not monolith's style.
    The characters in 2 look more cutesy rounded style anime vs the others look more edgy/real based on the trailers I've been checking this morning. I should probably play both but worry I won't be able to stand the look of 1 as it's a Wii title. I can't even play skyward sword it looks so bad on a 1080 now.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm a big fan of rpgs and adventure games, so I'm pretty excited for the switch. They don't need many games (for me) as long as they have some nice long ones to get lost in. So far, that seemed to be a big focus for what was shown. Between Zelda, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Skyrim, Fire Emblem, etc., I'll stay busy. I'd even get the deluxe MK8 for a good party game if I could import the tracks I purchased on the Wii U version (or if they came pre-packed in deluxe). That said, of course I'd like to see more games. Who wouldn't? I'll be interested what else gets shown in the Treehouse presentation today.

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    The characters in 2 look more cutesy rounded style anime vs the others look more edgy/real based on the trailers I've been checking this morning. I should probably play both but worry I won't be able to stand the look of 1 as it's a Wii title. I can't even play skyward sword it looks so bad on a 1080 now.
    The characters in every Xeno game ever(dating back to Xenogears) are anime art style. The first 2 Xenoblade games have a darker tone to their art style and this one is more vibrant is the only difference in the art styles tbh.

Anime as hell dude.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-01-13 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I'll buy one in the holiday season for Mario and Splatoon probably. This presentation made it a MUST NOT BUY for me, it's the Wii U launch all over again, and you can't sucker me in to early adoption again.
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    yup and it'll probably have bundles for christmas and sales

so dumb
    Don't forget that Microsoft's next console "Project Scorpio" is releasing this holiday season. I think that'll keep a lot of people from even noticing whatever Switch deals they have.
    Last edited by Maconi; 2017-01-13 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    Don't forget that Microsoft's next console "Project Scorpio" is releasing this holiday season. I think that'll keep a lot of people from even noticing whatever Switch deals they have.
    Project Scorpio will probably be an even bigger bomb then the switch will be.

PS4 Pro wasn't exactly a runaway success, and that had more going for it in the way of exclusives then scorpio will. PS4 pro barely made up 10% of overall PS4 sales this holiday. The market is clearly not ripe for "enthusiast consoles".

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    You mean XBone+ that will have the impact of PS4pro?

Microsoft doesn't wanna commit into full generation switch yet, so they'll try to amp up XBone, and it'll fall flat like Sony's effort.

Finally there can be no doubt that Zelda botw will be a launch title. Called it!
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    i hope they release pokemon games to i dondt see a reasy for a new 3ds handheld anymore when you have nintendo switch so....but lets see and wait
    God I hope not. Don't want to be paywalled to play the game.