Thread: Season 9

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yeah, I found the same thing last season, with my Thornsader... I was terrible for ages, then I got lucky with a few peices and suddenly I was fucking unstoppable.

It's a fun build but you REALLY need a few key drops before it shines. I'm actually tempted to go back to my non season thornsader once I've got the pet this season.
    I got the pet in no time, now i'm stuck at slayer because i simply cannot stand the set dungeon XD probably doing that with a friend so while i do objectives he clears stuff down and mastering becomes a non-issue.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I got the pet in no time, now i'm stuck at slayer because i simply cannot stand the set dungeon XD probably doing that with a friend so while i do objectives he clears stuff down and mastering becomes a non-issue.
    Same, got Chapter 4 done with relative ease, got my full set... And after my Thornsader who was nigh on invincible, moving to a HarvestDoctor is quite the shock... There are NO DEFENCES... So squishy... Can't wait till I've got enough Helltooth peices to swap over.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Do they ever try to balance the classes a bit? So that the difference between highest GR cleared won't be that big? Wizard highest cleared is 94, and barb is 86, that's a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Baza View Post
    Do they ever try to balance the classes a bit? So that the difference between highest GR cleared won't be that big? Wizard highest cleared is 94, and barb is 86, that's a huge difference.
    Well, it all depends on the "meta". High GRs depend more from Paragon and monsters spawns than from the build itself. If your class/build isn't in the meta you'll find people running 4man with a very specific setups that translates into way faster and higher Paragon/Gem levels, which then translates into differences in the solo ladders.

Solo ladders are dominated by people who play most of the time in a party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Solo ladders are dominated by people who play most of the time in a party.
    I wish this
    A: Wasn't True
    B: Was easier to seperate.

So we could get solo ranks for actual solo players...

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baza View Post
    Blizz's main concern is, can all sets do the GRs they are required to for season completion? The answer to that is yes (WW Barb had troubles before, requiring really high gear and shit, but all sets have been able to do the max lvl GRs required for season completion, although some can do them much easier then others).

Note that it took over 2 seasons for Blizz to nerf ET wizards, who could do 4x more damage then everybody else. Obviously, top-end balance is not a major concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I wish this
    A: Wasn't True
    B: Was easier to seperate.

So we could get solo ranks for actual solo players...
    paragon would be harder to address but is much less of an issue that the gems.

Personally, I think when solo rifting above 70, your gems should be scaled down to the highest level rift you have soloed +3 if they higher. This would not affect group play in the least but also allow solo players to have better competition based on solo play instead of people with 105 gems from group play competing for gr90s

Well, paragon stack up pretty quicky and are pretty impactful on the long run. Playing mostly or exclusively solo still nets you way less Paragon both because of the group bonus and the fact groups can tackle higher GRs with major returns in XP. Gems are the major offender for sure, but Paragon helps a lot too.

If anything, i really hope Challenge Rifts take ground on this. Them being a "frozen environment" makes up for the perfect leveled ground and environment for safe and healty competition - no more meta and other crap strategies based on "stack whatever is optimal and play 24/7". I really hope the Ladder enthusiasts move onto that format so they can finally scrap current ladders which are nowadays ground for a very small party and basically no one actually cares about them because most people playing don't play long enough to make them interesting.

With ladders presented in a different and imho way better format, that leaves space for other kind of content not related to GRs since there's no more need to push as high as possible (Journey already doesn't require that).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    paragon would be harder to address but is much less of an issue that the gems.
    Another problem with that is not the gems themselves, but the fringe benefits of higher gems, namely, Caldessan...

In short, as much as I'd like a solo/group split, it would be a total clusterfuck to organise :'(.

Another problem with that is not the gems themselves, but the fringe benefits of higher gems, namely, Caldessan...

In short, as much as I'd like a solo/group split, it would be a total clusterfuck to organise :'(.
    As i said also in previous post, imho only solution is to remove current ladders and give them a real fair ground - then paragon farming and all that stuff suddendly drops because the only reason justifying it disappears.

Then they can implement other things to keep people playing, as ladders/GRs and all the stuff we have clearly isn't working.

10+ Year Old Account
    As i said also in previous post, imho only solution is to remove current ladders and give them a real fair ground
    Got to agree, the only way to get a real, true, fair race is to burn the current system to the ground and add in something new.

they dont have the manpower nor the interest ing running the game to do this at this point unfortunately. I would love a chance to be able to have solo not be dominated by people who have been beefed up in group. but itll never happen

Agree on thsi, but they're doing a new class DLC somewhere during 2017. Some manpower is still there, Challenge rifts have been announced already, so to remove current ladders isn't needed much effort imho. Or better, after the "last" one, they don't create new ones - all previous records are saved in your profile and nothing of value is lost.

I'd be much more interested in seeing people competing in an equal environment than to see how manages to grip more monsters in the same spot and aoe them down.

As for future development, the Necro is the last tentative - if it can bring a decent financial revenue, they could get back on supporting the game a little (not full-on for sure) with more classes DLCs and maybe some kind of different content type.

10+ Year Old Account
    Offically retired my Seasonal WD. While I do sort of enjoy the playstyle and the concept is great, once you reach high GRifts, it's just feels WAY too squishy for me, and the damage isn't that much higher than my near invulnerable Thornsader.

Haven't played since S6, but looks like I'll be joining ya'll for S9 - I'm pumped!
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

I wish they just set a cap on paragons, 50 points in each "thing" should be enough, even primary stats (not this endless stacking). And also cap gems at lvl 90 or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Loving barb with earth set and Lut Socks. Triple leap @ 1200% damage that drops a 1200% earthquake followed by a 1200% avalanche destroys elites in seconds in T7+

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Loving barb with earth set and Lut Socks. Triple leap @ 1200% damage that drops a 1200% earthquake followed by a 1200% avalanche destroys elites in seconds in T7+
    Lucky on the Lut Socks - I generally get my Raekor/kings pieces long before I ever get Lut Socks. Leapquake is cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I got bored of Barb rather fast this season, the sets are amazing for speed farming (tried Waste, IK/Raekor/leap), but I don't like pushing higher than 70 with the sets. Gearing up a crusader now, to see how that feels, always enjoyed Hammerdin.

*edit*
    by rather fast, I got to paragon 600 before switching to sader :P
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Played S6 with a fire leapquake/SS build. It's awesome.