Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    IF they are plannign to implement a vanilla server it could be they want to add something.
    For such large companies it's often not as simple as nostalgia server was. They want to integrate it in their servers and security and account system.

And maybe they want to updated visuals and stability of WoW Legion (replace the old texture with the new high ress one and updating to the legion engine.

7+ Year Old Account
    Gods sake, go back to the megathread.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Witcher Arafal View Post
    Gods sake, go back to the megathread.

It's RIP in peace.

I would love to see Vanilla servers, but what I'd like to see more, is a server where the current timeline is followed and vanilla is released now, and it goes through all the patches and expansions. So the game is always ~12 years behind. But the community can veto an update for X period of time, a month or so, through a voting system a la Runescape.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It's RIP in peace.
    Cant believe i actually missed the threads defeat....

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    How sincere is Blizzard??
    They aren't, let it go, from what i read they can't even handle properly a mid-tier patch, they can't do anything else but trying to make Legion still a sucess.

Just do what many others are doing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaucho- View Post
    Dunno how long some people need to realise that anything Blizzard says is a PR stunt.

- taking Legacy seriously
    - faster expansions
    - more content / no content drought
    - PTRs and especially class tuning hotfixes one week after their release
    100% agreed, other than the more content one. Blizzard aren't going to do Legacy servers. This topic has been beaten to death with a stick for so long it's beyond being old.

Waiting on the /thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    they should add the old azeroth just like we go in outland or northrend, and in it everything is exactly like in vanilla including models(npcs, demons, chests, everything), until we go out
    access to old raid and dungeons, old level cap, old skills, and old talent tree if they can pull this technically

people want this so...
    personally I think the game can't be complete without vanilla, the only game "expansion" missing from live
    and if they want to add content there, labelled officially as "vanilla timewalking" they need to understand a simple rule, "always add, never change or replace".
    Last edited by Cæli; 2017-01-13 at 12:21 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    100% agreed, other than the more content one. Blizzard aren't going to do Legacy servers. This topic has been beaten to death with a stick for so long it's beyond being old.

Waiting on the /thread.
    In a sense why would they spend big money on making proper legacy servers.. When they know that those private servers out there already have it set up and running.. Of course Blizzard do not like these private servers one bit and are probably trying to find ways to shut them down.. But on the other hand when you think about it it saves Blizzard big money in not having to create their own legacy servers..

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    lmbao wat. How terrible it is? Have you even played it? Europeans have the usual 10-60 MS. NA-ians have the usual 90-150 ms. How is that not playable? Try again Blizzard White Knight <3
    Here in LA we have 250+ and is complete trash. and the game itself is like playing oldschool runescape. but a much more boring.

Deleted
    Just stop living in to the past. IF they will release legacy server, there will be server for each of the expansion. Don't believe me? You will see...

Deleted
    I think given the popularity of Elysium/Nost, this may encourage them to have another look at it

It
    Will
    Never
    Happen

Deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They won't do it. It was a PR stunt since people were raging all over.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    And it's about as close to actual Legacy as you're going to get in the next two to five years. :^)
    You know, you often complain that you're "just pragmatic" and it gets you undeservedly labelled as a brown-noser, but this kind of childish giddy answer kinda explains why there isn't smoke without fire and your label doesn't come from nowhere...

So...Blizz said that they take all your whining seriously..ok, as usual. That was not even 2 months ago, and you want to...what exactly? For blizz to implement a whole vanilla server for everyone to play 1 month then quit, all of this in two months? Clearly you have no fucking idea what you`re talking about. This QQ threads are becoming dumber by the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    There;s already a vanilla thread.

And people think it's gonna happen over night? They MIGHT be working on it and it cold take years for it to happen.
    This hits the nail on the head...... The way it takes Blizzard to do patches and release new content it will take about 7-8 years for legacy servers to pop up..... muhahhahaha

Watch the people who shit on the idea backpedal harder than they do on the regular in WoW once they actually do release legacy realms.
    [Kawaii c@girl IRL]

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    We have a megathread for this topic.

Despite that, just because Blizzard said that they "are taking the topic seriously" doesn't mean anything when it comes to the concept of actually putting effort, resources, or any form development into anything that resembles a legacy realm. It is literally a dead horse. They don't take a stance on whether or not they are going to actually do something about legacy realms (despite giving plenty of reasons why they won't do it) because it is the politically correct thing to state from a PR perspective.

In the end, it isn't a marketable or economically worthwhile undertaking, it is literally a signature of debt. The community involving the topic has also demonstrated no real, tangible resolve or honest desire (specifically involving their wallets like live players do) nor do they have a competent understanding of the undertaking or the consensus as to how they even want legacy realms to function. It would be like telling a company to tarnish its own record and bankrupt itself because you believe that it has enough money and reputation to simply throw away which is so beyond unrealistic that it is literally makes no actual logical sense. This is basic business math nothing more, nothing less.

Blizzard will always, and forever, choose new content over old when it comes to its bottom-line. They are a business company, not a charity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sosoulsu View Post
    Watch the people who shit on the idea backpedal harder than they do on the regular in WoW once they actually do release legacy realms.
    The issue with this notion is that it is staunchly set in a fictional economic setting. Blizzard has already stated, many times, that the undertaking is far beyond expensive to a reasonable doubt, many times over. Therefore, unless they change this stance, they will never make legacy realms, ever.

It absolutely has to be profitable from their business marketing perspective, and it simply isn't.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Well yeah, did you actually expect them to do it for free? :P
    I certainly hope it would not be free. If the people who glamour for Vanilla Wow, then they should pay for it with a different sub fee. I would prefer my sub fees not be used to subsidized it.

Server change. Faction change. Name change. Character change. None of these are free. So why should Vanilla Wow be.