Quote Originally Posted by Nosfemon View Post
    Can you link your armory pls
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ubbie/advanced

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if i like Devastator. At the moment it feels like i'm playing arms. Just waiting for procs/buttons to glow. And i hate this playstyle.
    Am i missing something or is really like this.
    SS, Revenge, TC, IP if the Devastator WA isn't red. Otherwise, wait for the GCD.
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 Rev.B|ASRock Z97 Extreme4|i7-4790K|HR-02 Macho|G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB|Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64|250GB+64GB+1TB SSD|4TB HDD|Seasonic Ultra Prime Gold 1000W|Corsair Scimitar Pro+Razer Sphex|Logitech G910+|LG 34UC88-B|2x iiyama Prolite XUB2792QSU-B1|Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro+AntLion ModMic 4|Thrustmaster T500RS+TH8A

in 7.1.5 for Dungeons should I take Vengeance or Into The Fray ?

and if I take Vengeance - do I ever use Revenge (it costs quite a bit of rage now) without the proc ?

thx

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    in 7.1.5 for Dungeons should I take Vengeance or Into The Fray ?

and if I take Vengeance - do I ever use Revenge (it costs quite a bit of rage now) without the proc ?

thx
    There are more indepth guides posted in this thread about it.

but to answer it anyways; If you take Vengeance, you do use Revenge without proc, this is to weave with Ignore Pain and get the maximum rage reduction out of it.
    If it is better then Into the fray i'm not sure. But I Do feel it use due to the sheer reduction in rage cost for both Revenge and Ignore pain.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    How was the damage buffed?
    Devastator is a pretty huge DPS increase on it's own.

Revenge had damage buffed and can now reset Shield Slam.

Thunderclap had damage buffed and can now reset Shield Slam.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Devastator is a pretty huge DPS increase on it's own.

Revenge had damage buffed and can now reset Shield Slam.

Thunderclap had damage buffed and can now reset Shield Slam.
    Yes, but who would want to play with this awfully boring talent?
    Using anything else and warriors are so far behind it's not even funny.

The spec is pretty much dead.

in raid its kind of meh, but in a m+ is amazing since then u always have a button to press and resets for days

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

I mean that's your opinion. Some people are liking and it some people aren't. I think the biggest problem people are having is that the play style is destroying several expansions worth of muscle memory.

Regardless of whether you use Devastator or not though, the spec is far from dead. Don't be so dramatic. You can still tank content just fine without Devastator. You just won't be as superior due to Devastator being the go to talent at the moment.

I was happy to see FR go but I wasn't really happy about the other changes at first but I think it's doing ok.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

I mean that's your opinion. Some people are liking and it some people aren't. I think the biggest problem people are having is that the play style is destroying several expansions worth of muscle memory.

Regardless of whether you use Devastator or not though, the spec is far from dead. Don't be so dramatic. You can still tank content just fine without Devastator. You just won't be as superior due to Devastator being the go to talent at the moment.
    You saying people whant less buttons and mindless specs? Sounds stupid to me.

And no, you can't. You'll struggle to pull even 150k damage without that talent.
    The spec is not viable without it.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

And no, you can't. You'll struggle to pull even 150k damage without that talent.
    It's one less button, and the added rage alongside the extra Shield Slam procs allows you to use your other abilities more often. Having to time your abilities around auto swings in order to not waste any procs takes a lot more effort to do as perfectly as possible while also keeping up with your Vengeance buff versus mindless spamming Devastate while just using Revenge on free procs and dumping rage into IP. I'm not exactly sure where you're getting at.

And stop with this whole "spec is not viable without it". It is. Being less effective doesn't mean you're not viable. Plenty of warriors on these forums have already stated that they are sticking to Indom. You could as well and tank mythic raids just fine as long as your group isn't failing any dps checks. It's just that if you're progressing in high end content you might have some people criticize you for your choices because it's not necessarily the best choice at the moment.

You can bitch and moan about your opinion all you want as it is your opinion and it's your right to not like a specific talent, but no one is going to take you seriously as long as you keep trying to pretend like Warriors are useless without devastate. They weren't useless before and they aren't useless now. Even without it they still get more chances to proc Shield Slam which leads to more rage and abilities still got buffed to compensate for the FR loss while the cleave is still far ahead what it was last patch.

Yeah I really miss 35% of my button presses being Devastate. Being able to use Shield Slam/Revenge/Thunder Clap more often is terrible.

Running devastated now, holy crap, most fights I'm only just behind our guilds decent dps, just over 200k single target and well over 300k if it's multi target.

It's definitely not boring either and very rarely have empty gcd's longer than 0.5 seconds, especially with vengeance.
    Do miss having 5mil hp tho

Clearly blizzard saw how much people liked having Focused Rage as arms being the one and only talent to choose so they tried a similar approach with Prot.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

It's one less button, and the added rage alongside the extra Shield Slam procs allows you to use your other abilities more often. Having to time your abilities around auto swings in order to not waste any procs takes a lot more effort to do as perfectly as possible while also keeping up with your Vengeance buff versus mindless spamming Devastate while just using Revenge on free procs and dumping rage into IP. I'm not exactly sure where you're getting at.

And stop with this whole "spec is not viable without it". It is. Being less effective doesn't mean you're not viable. Plenty of warriors on these forums have already stated that they are sticking to Indom. You could as well and tank mythic raids just fine as long as your group isn't failing any dps checks. It's just that if you're progressing in high end content you might have some people criticize you for your choices because it's not necessarily the best choice at the moment.

You can bitch and moan about your opinion all you want as it is your opinion and it's your right to not like a specific talent, but no one is going to take you seriously as long as you keep trying to pretend like Warriors are useless without devastate. They weren't useless before and they aren't useless now. Even without it they still get more chances to proc Shield Slam which leads to more rage and abilities still got buffed to compensate for the FR loss while the cleave is still far ahead what it was last patch.
    Ah, yes. Pressing all thoes 3 buttons. It is a fucking joke, thats what it is.
    There is simply no point in bringing a tank that has half the damage of other tanks and not even the same level of survivability.

And yes, it is my opinion that the spec is ruined. Why they would do this in the middle of an expantion is even more stupid than the change itself.

A lot of us simply waste out AP on a spec that is no next to unplayable.

I really don't enjoy the new spec, really did enjoy the old FR gameplay though so I'm a bit gutted about this. The high dps is fun and all, pulled 360k with Devasator on the Fel Lord boss in Arcway +9 yesterday and that was funny and all considering it was my first dungeon with the spec, but if Blizzard decide "ok this is doing too much dps" then all we're left with is a weirdly clunky autoattack spec that is complex and slightly counter-intuitive to play well.

And the non-devastator gameplay is just shite, the peformance compared to last patch in terms of player control is terrible.. This really came to light with me tanking Mythic + with Skittish this week, I really miss the old playstyle and quite honestly don't really understand the logic of such a large overhaul being made to what was a popular and seemingly liked spec.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Even without it they still get more chances to proc Shield Slam which leads to more rage and abilities still got buffed to compensate for the FR loss while the cleave is still far ahead what it was last patch.
    We do not have more chances to proc SS reset. Before we had one chance per gcd and we still have one chance per gcd. This is why you only used revenge on the last gcd before SS. Further HR was nerfed by 30%. We also lost ultimatum so our free part of vengeance can't happen when not tanking and depending on crit rate/shatter the bones relics, procs much less frequently now. Also SB had its rage cost increased though largely offset by extra rage from tclap (since we use current clap more than old revenge). Indom lost some survivability in exchange for some cleave damage.

I wouldn't say indomitable is dead, barring how devastator is clearly better in nearly all situations, but it was pretty significantly nerfed.
    Last edited by kiklion; 2017-01-13 at 03:50 PM.
    Kikwar on O-team in Eternal Kingdom - Proudmoore

Link to my logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...317874/latest/

437k DPS on Guarm Mythic, jesus...

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Quote Originally Posted by kiklion View Post
    We do not have more chances to proc SS reset. Before we had one chance per gcd and we still have one chance per gcd. This is why you only used revenge on the last gcd before SS. Further HR was nerfed by 30%. We also lost ultimatum so our free part of vengeance can't happen when not tanking and depending on crit rate/shatter the bones relics, procs much less frequently now. Also SB had its rage cost increased though largely offset by extra rage from tclap (since we use current clap more than old revenge). Indom lost a good chunk of survivability in exchange for some cleave damage.

I wouldn't say indomitable is dead, barring how devastator is clearly better in nearly all situations, but it was pretty significantly nerfed.
    Devastator has a chance to reset Shield Slam also, so we have a chance per GCD, plus the chance of our melee swings.

Deleted
    I love how magical fights are even more of a fuckin pain in the ass now, since casters won't trigger free revenge. Or how outside of shieldwall/shout i have no way to actively reduce the damage coming in anymore and have to rely on pure rng, which amusingly get's triggered when i don't take damage. Also i have to immideatly use the trigger. But i guess we do 80% the damage of a pure dps now... So i'm fine. Always wanted to reroll to a dps anyway. Dunno what i will do in 2 weeks, when they will nerfrape our dmg into the ground the moment Nighthold mythic will be released and all we will be left with is our subpar tankspec with no damage.

so what do you guys think will be the go to legendarys for progression? hands and bracers? belt for mythic+? i dont see the shoulders being useful outside of having tons of fun leaping all over the place and i dont know if the absorb shield from the neck is worthwhile but i dont have it so i cant say for sure.

Deleted
    Will I lose much if I go back to indom? I tried... Really I did. I just can't convince myself to like devastator. It's like, I can't even put it into words. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth like an overburnt peanut. And that weak aura. OMG. I mean I get that it was made with a good intention and it most likely will help many people. Me personally, I just feel like a triggerhappy mindless retard waiting for the right light so I can press a button. And it's not the issue with the WA itself. Obviously you need to have some sort of auto attack tracker, which would essentially have the same effect on me.

I still panic occasionally when I hover over my IP and see only one comma on the absorb numbers (i.e. less than a million).

Who wants to do damage anyway. I just overaggro half the tanks in LFR and PuGs and it causes more issues. Makes the casuals feel bad that a tank is outdpsing them.

Cmon guys, humor me. Just someone photoshop me a chart where Indomitable is better for raids by some obscure parameters so I can pick it and not feel bad.