Thread: Black Desert

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Recently been . ..uh.. watching videos of Vanilla WoW and the BDO grind makes Vanilla look like the best designed MMO ever.

Honestly I don't think I'll return to BDO in the near future. Right now I just AFK fish and do my weekly scrolls. Waiting for events to give me free shit. Maybe in half a year I'll have enough to get Full Tri.
    I recommend signing into a private server and first experience Vanilla again (without xp multipliers), because there's literally nothing similar. Between 56 and 60, yes, before that, no way. But again, every game has a grind. It's the amount of variation the game offers, that makes it compelling or not.

I can see you're the type of guy that simply doesn't like grind, period. Well...not many games to go for I guess..

I don't mind grind when it means something.

But BDO's grind is meaningless. It's just gathering silver for more RNG shots at better gear. You could grind for weeks and get nothing due to bad RNGs. People burn BILLIONS and get nothing. Billions. Hours on end of effort. And for what?

BDO's mobs are just loot pinatas. As long as you have the AP/AD/Acc they are fodder to you.

I don't mind grind when it means something.

But BDO's grind is meaningless. It's just gathering silver for more RNG shots at better gear. You could grind for weeks and get nothing due to bad RNGs. People burn BILLIONS and get nothing. Billions. Hours on end of effort. And for what?

BDO's mobs are just loot pinatas. As long as you have the AP/AD/Acc they are fodder to you.
    Yeah... totally different from all other games oO

Not everything is RNG. RNG does not impact your ability to make money, unless you mean drop-rates, which every single MMO has. It does impact your ability to use money to make more money, which is not a bad system. Someone that takes a risk can see that fail. You take the risk to either avoid spending money, or to make more of what you've already used.

Most in-game systems are not RNG based and in many cases you can impact that RNG. Horses might learn skills randomly, but higher tier horses have a larger chance every level. Get a higher tier, have more skills. Be better at lifeskills, have less RNG.

I have yet to hear of people burning billions on a single item, even though we have several guys in our guild that have more than 25b.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2017-01-13 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Yeah... totally different from all other games oO

Not everything is RNG. RNG does not impact your ability to make money, unless you mean drop-rates, which every single MMO has. It does impact your ability to use money to make more money, which is not a bad system. Someone that takes a risk can see that fail. You take the risk to either avoid spending money, or to make more of what you've already used.

Most in-game systems are not RNG based and in many cases you can impact that RNG. Horses might learn skills randomly, but higher tier horses have a larger chance every level. Get a higher tier, have more skills. Be better at lifeskills, have less RNG.

I have yet to hear of people burning billions on a single item, even though we have several guys in our guild that have more than 25b.
    High tier accessory enchanting does that. Like when going for TRI ogre or shit like that.

Literal weeks of grinding go poof with failed enchants.

Money is what limits your progression and RNG can make that money disappear.

While others will fail to enhance their Dandelion and Kzarka to TRI dozens of times, I got both to TRI in one try each ( 61 and 45 fs )

High tier accessory enchanting does that. Like when going for TRI ogre or shit like that.

Literal weeks of grinding go poof with failed enchants.

Money is what limits your progression and RNG can make that money disappear.

While others will fail to enhance their Dandelion and Kzarka to TRI dozens of times, I got both to TRI in one try each ( 61 and 45 fs )
    Well..you are talking about optional gear paths. Yes, they are better. But there's a reason why any guide you find points you at regular upgrade TRI Gear. I'm not arguing that it's not a valid path, but I am arguing that it's not mandatory in any way. Unless you always want to be that one unique snowflake with his OP stuff. Well, it provides that opportunity, including the chance of failure.

Eh? Tri gear isn't even average these days. It's a minimum to actually HOPE at being competitive. I'm not talking about the new wave of people, I'm talking about people that played the game for a few months at minimum.

Most people that want to be competitive have full TET nowadays. A few have PENs, on EU.

Eh? Tri gear isn't even average these days. It's a minimum to actually HOPE at being competitive. I'm not talking about the new wave of people, I'm talking about people that played the game for a few months at minimum.

Most people that want to be competitive have full TET nowadays. A few have PENs, on EU.
    I'm assuming this is PvP-wise?

15+ Year Old Account
    What else then? The game has no PvE content.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The only purpose of this game is PvP.

Deleted
    And some damn good pvp as well /sarcasm off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ysTL_E63Qs

Seriously look at this clip. Whoever gets caught first in a stun dies in 2 miliseconds. What a marvelous design

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    And some damn good pvp as well /sarcasm off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ysTL_E63Qs

Seriously look at this clip. Whoever gets caught first in a stun dies in 2 miliseconds. What a marvelous design

Endgame PvP is cancer.

PvP with averageish gear ( ~400 GS ) is quite enjoyable.

I have guildies of my level and gear ( I'm at around 140 AP / 200 DP ) and our bouts are always fun. Really need combos and reflexes to win those.

Endgame PvP is cancer.

PvP with averageish gear ( ~400 GS ) is quite enjoyable.

I have guildies of my level and gear ( I'm at around 140 AP / 200 DP ) and our bouts are always fun. Really need combos and reflexes to win those.
    Who plays an MMO only for dueling friends?

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Who plays an MMO only for dueling friends?
    No one. The point is that PvP could be good, if only they made DP scale better/AP scale less.

No one likes battles that end in oneshots.

The issue is that there's basically no PvP. As you say. PvP is only PvP when it involves fighting on equal terms. As long as class balance and gear matter in PvP, there won't ever be true skill, so it's best to ignore it.

Deleted
    The issue is that there's basically no PvP. As you say. PvP is only PvP when it involves fighting on equal terms. As long as class balance and gear matter in PvP, there won't ever be true skill, so it's best to ignore it.
    And what is left then? Boring ass grindfests to get past the soft lvl cap? The game has nothing to offer past pvp its incredibly boring.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    And what is left then? Boring ass grindfests to get past the soft lvl cap? The game has nothing to offer past pvp its incredibly boring.
    I disagree :?

It's the journey, not the end.

What journey? You do the same thing from lvl1 to lv6373838383838383&3
    The only thing that changes is which mobs you grind on.

Deleted

What journey though? When I first heard about the game I was so fascinated. I bought it during a deal for like... 10 euros I think? I spent a lot of time in the character creation and built a character I was happy with and jumped into the game ready to have a blast. Literally all I did was grind grind grind mindlessly to soft lvl cap. There was no journey. Black desert is a beautiful gem cut in all the wrong ways. Oh the things they could have done with the game... But I guess turning it into a typical korean p2w fuckfest was top priority

Read his long post last page, he explained it already. The game is clearly not for you if you cant see what he means by journey. I agree with Vespian

15+ Year Old Account
    A lot of us, myself included, have been spoiled by theme park games and the way railroad you into specific lanes. It can be difficult to break away from that mindset and see something different as a new journey, rather than an unwanted departure from the stale norm that newer MMOS have become.