Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    25 players (that were empowered by naaru and the draenor elements), yrel, grom, and khadgar
    Grom, yrel, and Khadgar were helping us with fighting the adds. We're STILL powered by the naaru/draenor elementals. Lore wise, the power is still there, along side the legendary cloak. However, we also have legendary artifacts, legendaries, and titan essences now to bring us to even greater heights. We're basicly god's, that are tapping into our own potential. And as each expansion passes by, we grow. DHs have immortal souls, paladins, warriors, priests wield weapons of the titans, and lead armies of both arcane/light energies. DKs, Warlocks, DHs, And Shadow priests, wield dark, yet over-powered weapons created by the greatest beings ever, coming from demi-gods, the LK, Old Gods, Or Legion Commanders, Or by Sargeras himself.

We're too powerful. And with the whole add business, that's just gameplay. But, as of now, we're too OP. But, we're not at titan lvl yet....

CLOSE..kind of...but not yet...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Gameplay explains it. As the game evolved from RTS to MMO, everything got more powerful and heroic. it was a lot more gritty and low-powered back then. Guys like Jaina or Thrall were powerful, but still pretty much "normal level" in power. Gul'dan died to random demons, Blackhand was backstabbed by Orgrim, Lothar died in an ambush. When the point of view changed from armies at was to heroes saving the world, everything turned gimmicky.

Once, an Infernal falling from the Sky was enough to say "we're fucked". Nowadays we kill those things by the dozen before breakfast.
    Nowadays, I farm XAVIUS for AP, it's not even funny. And he's supposed to give almost every mortal the creeps. Including demi-gods, to gods...

Yeah I agree what you guys are saying. Not a huge fan of invincible heroes storytelling but I guess it's pretty hard to incorporate proper defeats in MMO. Still I think Blizz could've done more for Legion to feel more threatning like in Warcraft3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    "Let this scar signify the first blow against the mortal world
    From this seal shall arise the doom of men,
    who, in their arrogance, sought to wield our fire as their own.
    Blindly they build their kingdoms upon stolen knowledge and conceit.
    Now they shall be consumed by the very flame they sought to control.
    Let the echoes of doom resound across this wretched world, that all who live may hear them and despair.
    "

This is speech from Archimonde in war3 while he's destorying Dalaran.
    I know it probably means nothing now but why does he talk about fire & magic (Nobody in Dalaran uses Fel?) like Azerothians stole it from Burning Legion. Also line about kingdoms built on stolen knowledge... Is there something about Dalaran we don't know or was it just a cool speech back in the they? Is there more to Burning Legion then just destroyers of everything, genocidal maniacs etc etc...?
    In a very real sense, Dalaran's magic did stem from the Burning Legion. Humans learned magic from the high elves. The high elves were descended from the Highborne. The Highborne learned magic from the Legion. Highborne were novices during the WotA, their magical knowledge was eclipsed by even Hakkar the Houndmaster. Then Mannoroth came in and showed them how to construct even more complex spellwork and better harness the power of the Well of Eternity.

"Fire" and "flame" are being used metaphorically for magic. "Now they shall be consumed by the very flame they sought to control." We see that Archimonde didn't literally use fire to destroy Dalaran.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2017-01-13 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    In a very real sense, Dalaran's magic did stem from the Burning Legion. Humans learned magic from the high elves. The high elves were descended from the Highborne. The Highborne learned magic from the Legion. Highborne were novices during the WotA, their magical knowledge was eclipsed by even Hakkar the Houndmaster. Then Mannoroth came in and showed them how to construct even more complex spellwork and better harness the power of the Well of Eternity.
    But, the highbourne still used the arcane, even before the WoTA! Sargeras even saw the race use magical abilities, which made decide that "Hey, maybe we can chat with this race, make them team legion, and BAM, DESTRUCTION".

However, the humans learned their magic by the high elves, that used magic's they ALWAYS had. No legion influence....

Maybe archimonde was confused...

EDIT: Nvm. I saw more of your post. Still though, what does manneroth mean by "Harnessing the well's full abilities"?

Does that mean by fel, or by IMPOWERED arcane?

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    But, the highbourne still used the arcane, even before the WoTA! Sargeras even saw the race use magical abilities, which made decide that "Hey, maybe we can chat with this race, make them team legion, and BAM, DESTRUCTION".

However, the humans learned their magic by the high elves, that used magic's they ALWAYS had. No legion influence....

Maybe archimonde was confused...

EDIT: Nvm. I saw more of your post. Still though, what does manneroth mean by "Harnessing the well's full abilities"?

Does that mean by fel, or by IMPOWERED arcane?
    Back then the Legion was just after POWAH! UNLIMITED POWAH!. They wanted MORE DOTS and stuff. Sargeras wanted to come to Azeroth and drink the Well of Eternity. Archimonde came here in Warcraft 3 to absorb the Tree's power. And that's it.

(And the Titans had left the Well of Eternity... just because. There was no real reason).

(And the Titans had left the Well of Eternity... just because. There was no real reason).
    Before it became a pool of titan blood it was created to sustain the lush life on the planet.

Back then the Legion was just after POWAH! UNLIMITED POWAH!. They wanted MORE DOTS and stuff. Sargeras wanted to come to Azeroth and drink the Well of Eternity. Archimonde came here in Warcraft 3 to absorb the Tree's power. And that's it.

I see. Welp, seems like blizzard wanted to turn us players into DBZ/DBS like gods, and make everyone in the fucking game "Universal+", while having the players kick the ass outta every villain EVER!

:/ I like either direction. But still, More power= MORE BADASSERY!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Before it became a pool of titan blood it was created to sustain the lush life on the planet.
    He's talking about during WC3, before chronicles. We never had a clear answer in forever, until now...

He's talking about during WC3, before chronicles. We never had a clear answer in forever, until now...
    So was I, the well of eternity before blizzard changed it into a pool of titan blood was originally created by the titans to sustain the lush life on the planet that has been known for many years.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2017-01-13 at 05:24 PM.

Yeah, I remember some vague explanation like that. Back then the distinction between magic types (Arcane, Life, Holy...) was not so clear. Nowadays, that explanation would make no sense.

I'm not posting in this thread to bash lore, just to point out how it changed so much over all these years.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lake, which would later be called the Well of Eternity, was the true heart of the world’s magic and natural power. Drawing its energies from the infinite Great Dark beyond the world, the Well acted as a mystical fount, sending its potent energies out across the world to nourish life in all its wondrous forms.
    [...]
    At the continent’s center, the Titans crafted a lake of scintillating energies. The lake, that they named the Well of Eternity, was to be the fount of life for the world. Its potent energies would nurture the bones of the world and empower life to take root in the land’s rich soil. Over time, plants, trees, monsters and creatures of every kind began to thrive on the primordial continent.
    --WC3 manual

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    and how would they show us they are great at magic?

even the so called elves who are supposed to be the discoveries and masters of magic are shown so pathetically. Ever seen a highborne or nightborne or night elf wield magic? they're terrible and always beaten. We thought maybe that baton was left exclusively to the high elves, but we haven't seen hardly anything of high elven magic in WoW, and the blood elves looked impressive at first, but notice how silly they look, especially agianst humans and the Dalaran mages. however they do look awesome against night elves/highborne/nightborne - but those don't really look amazing as a group. only individuals like Malfurion, Illidan, Thalyssra, Azshara actually come off as amazing, the rest look like nothing
    I really liked Ellisande's time stopping magic looked. It really felt like "Let me show you how you truly wield magic" moment.

Maybe when we get to Argus it will be more clear how much advanced Legion is in using magic, considering Nightborne practically use magic for everything from sweeping the floor to fighting and Legion, mainly eredar are supposed to be pinnacle of magic civilization.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-01-13 at 07:11 PM.

"Fire" and "flame" are being used metaphorically for magic. "Now they shall be consumed by the very flame they sought to control." We see that Archimonde didn't literally use fire to destroy Dalaran.
    the highborne were not novices during the wotA, that's conjecture, the night elves are described as already established an Arcane empire so advanced no one even today has come close. They were already masters in their arts, and Dalaran has not reached their levels yet, so that cannot be it.

Mannoroth was teaching them portal magic to new worlds which was brand new to them then as they had only first found out about Sargeras. It's one thing to do a portal across your world but something entirely to do one capable of summoning a titan. That was what they were new to and novices at, not at the arcane. And remember, they were struggling not because they were stupid or bad at it, Darth'Remar's group was intentionally and very cleverly sabotaging the effort not even Mannoroth or Archimonde realized it.. that's how good they were, ofc they got out before they were discovered, with the arrival of Archimonde he likely would have spotted the problem sooner.

We have to stop looking at the ancient elven empire of the night elves as some archaic thing, the elves are in a post apocalypse world, think of them more of those disaster movies where the world has already been devastated and our advanced way of life gone, and what you see now is a shadow of what once was, but may get there again eventually if they get some rest from all the world ending events that take place.

I think a soft recton explains this or Archimonde was specifically referring to some device that Dalaran used to construct or power itself which might involve fel or demons, remember they are the novices compared to the ancient elves, might be using something of legion origin, also remember they had been playing around with demons early on in dalaran's development and may have picked up some fel information - Dalaran has books on that, or it could be referring to the necromantic and other dark magics people like Kel'thuazzad and others used.. I mean it was banned for a reason right, which means they must have been using these at one time then discovered how terrible they were in many ways and banned them.

Who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    the highborne were not novices during the wotA, that's conjecture, the night elves are described as already established an Arcane empire so advanced no one even today has come close. They were already masters in their arts, and Dalaran has not reached their levels yet, so that cannot be it.
    Grats, they were better than the primitives of Azeroth. I don't remember NElves ever teleporting flying cities across the world.

Mannoroth was teaching them portal magic to new worlds which was brand new to them then as they had only first found out about Sargeras. It's one thing to do a portal across your world but something entirely to do one capable of summoning a titan. That was what they were new to and novices at, not at the arcane. And remember, they were struggling not because they were stupid or bad at it, Darth'Remar's group was intentionally and very cleverly sabotaging the effort not even Mannoroth or Archimonde realized it.. that's how good they were, ofc they got out before they were discovered, with the arrival of Archimonde he likely would have spotted the problem sooner.
    It wasn't just portal magic, it was channeling that power, creating shield spells. Xavius was the best of the Highborne and he was continuously stupefied by the magical knowledge brought by the Legion lieutenants.
    Ever flanked by two felbeasts, the Houndmaster marched around the Highborne sorcerers, pointing out the flaws in their casting and adding his own might whenever possible.
    Yet even with the addition of his arcane knowledge, only now had they at last achieved some minor triumph.

--The Well of Eternity

Mannoroth created the spells, then showed Xavius how to operate them.
    Lord Xavius had been granted the further honor of monitoring the work that made all this possible. He kept in delicate balance the spell that constantly regenerated the shield.
    [...]
    Only a few yards from the portal, the cluster of blue, flashing nodules over the diagram Mannoroth had drawn were the only physical signs of the shield spell. With his magical eyes, however, Xavius could make out other swirling patterns in orange, yellow, green, and more. A powerful cornucopia of magical forces of which he was now in control.
    --The Well of Eternity

The Highborne had barely skimmed the surface of harnessing the Well's power.
    It had been Xavius who had first suspected that his kind had only so far skimmed the surface of the dark water’s potential.
    --The Well of Eternity

We have to stop looking at the ancient elven empire of the night elves as some archaic thing, the elves are in a post apocalypse world, think of them more of those disaster movies where the world has already been devastated and our advanced way of life gone, and what you see now is a shadow of what once was, but may get there again eventually if they get some rest from all the world ending events that take place.
    10,000 years later...

Grats, they were better than the primitives of Azeroth. I don't remember NElves ever teleporting flying cities across the world.
    Dalaran didn't invent the magic or device it through ingenuity, they found a magical object and use it. Who made the object?

It wasn't just portal magic, it was channeling that power, creating shield spells. Xavius was the best of the Highborne and he was continuously stupefied by the magical knowledge brought by the Legion lieutenants.
    okay... let's just stop there, i wasn't challenging the expertise of the legion lieutenants, just your statement that the highborne were novices at magic, and the way you said "the highborne learnt magic from the legion" made me think you were saying the Legion are the ones that taught the Elves magic, which isn't right.

like most forum arguments, they are sparked of misunderstanding. Maybe I mis-interpreted what you said, but the ancient elves were never novices of magic, even by todays standard, in fact, to paint how amazing they were in their golden era, they are described as outstrripping modern day mages.. which makes sense, they had a global empire with many more resources and minds working together at a level of unity today's world hasn't come close too. Current mages are still delving to discover magical mysteries and secrets of the past, most from the highborne.

Remember Azeroth's ancient ciilizations surpass modern ones, when you think of the night elves, the dragons, the keepers/titans, the old gods - all had empires that were incredible, and the night elf one is said to be the most wondrous and unmatched one.. says something.

It may also imply how incredibly special the Eredar were too. Though they are much older than elves, which could mean the elves made much faster progress than the Eredar, it is clear though the eredar were far more advanced than the elves... but their eredar warlocks did not find the night elves pushovers even with their disadvantage of Azshara locking up the well.

Anyway the elves are spoken of only in reference to Azeroth, not to other worlds.

So was I, the well of eternity before blizzard changed it into a pool of titan blood was originally created by the titans to sustain the lush life on the planet that has been known for many years.
    Mmmhmm. I see.

So, here's how it went in WC3:

Titan's crated the well, that's it....

Now:

There's a titan in our world, she was wounded, the titan's healed her. And now, sargeras wants his dick inside her...

Me: .....GREAT! Now the guy that i'm supposed to kill is in love with my planet....

Weird...really fucking weird. I wonder how R34 is going to deal with it...

Grom, yrel, and Khadgar were helping us with fighting the adds. We're STILL powered by the naaru/draenor elementals. Lore wise, the power is still there, along side the legendary cloak. However, we also have legendary artifacts, legendaries, and titan essences now to bring us to even greater heights. We're basicly god's, that are tapping into our own potential. And as each expansion passes by, we grow. DHs have immortal souls, paladins, warriors, priests wield weapons of the titans, and lead armies of both arcane/light energies. DKs, Warlocks, DHs, And Shadow priests, wield dark, yet over-powered weapons created by the greatest beings ever, coming from demi-gods, the LK, Old Gods, Or Legion Commanders, Or by Sargeras himself.

We're too powerful. And with the whole add business, that's just gameplay. But, as of now, we're too OP. But, we're not at titan lvl yet....

CLOSE..kind of...but not yet...
    we're still nothing compared to sargeras, and we never should be able to fight him.

also, apparently champion bachi says that the highlord can come back from death some how. idk how, i don't remember that in the blood elf paladin story pre-cata, but i guess it's true? bachi isn't the type to lie.

- - - Updated - - -

Weird...really fucking weird. I wonder how R34 is going to deal with it...
    considering there's like 0 legion related porn on any site i go to, and absolutely nothing of the new demon ladies(aranasi and imp mother), i'm starting to think azeroth won't even get porn when she forms a body :/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    considering there's like 0 legion related porn on any site i go to, and absolutely nothing of the new demon ladies(aranasi and imp mother), i'm starting to think azeroth won't even get porn when she forms a body :/
    you dont search hard enough.

if it exists, there's porn of it.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Witcher Arafal View Post
    you dont search hard enough.

if it exists, there's porn of it.
    i go to /aco/, both the r34 sites, hentaifoundry, and several tumblrs, and i've yet to see anything aranasi or imp mother.

if you know where to find it, i'd love to know.

i have seen a couple pieces of nightborne stuff. but that's it. not even any nightfallen v.v

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    we're still nothing compared to sargeras, and we never should be able to fight him.

also, apparently champion bachi says that the highlord can come back from death some how. idk how, i don't remember that in the blood elf paladin story pre-cata, but i guess it's true? bachi isn't the type to lie.

- - - Updated - - -

Pfft. Those demons are nothing compared to Lore characters. Azshara has porn, Sylvanas has porn, Jaina has porn. And hell, even Ysera, and Alexstraza get porn for themselves.

Meanwhile, The legion is failing to keep 1 SINGLE FUCKING BASE!

Pfft. Those demons are nothing compared to Lore characters. Azshara has porn, Sylvanas has porn, Jaina has porn. And hell, even Ysera, and Alexstraza get porn for themselves.

Meanwhile, The legion is failing to keep 1 SINGLE FUCKING BASE!
    those ones are boring. i want succubi, aranasi, dryads, naga, imp mothers.

i want that freaky shit, not that vanilla junk.