Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Didn't Twilight Princess run better on Gamecube than Wii when it was released as well?
    No, it played better because the Wii controls for TP where atrocious. Performance wise both where pretty much a locked 30 fps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    i know several people going crazy over mario kart, bomberman, splatoon and street fighter 2 local and dont care about the shit like skyrim the mainstream will go ape over.
    Ultra Street Fighter 2 is a top 4 game on the system for me atm.

Which isn't really a good thing, an enhanced port of a 25 year old game is out shining other shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Well, from the bits of news I've seen so far (still catching up)...what a massive disappointment. Battery life as low as 2.5-3 hours? No proper specs that I can find? $300 price point? Paid only service coming later this year and not at launch?

The free NES/SNES games with multiplayer is rad as shit for those paying to play online, but the fact that you can only access those games for one month at a time is beyond disappointing. Will have to continue to catch up with all the news, but hot damn has what I've been seeing been killing any hype I may have had.
    i think the very design means the online will bomb. I know my friends will all be bringing their switches to each others homes for local multiplayer rather than play online. Nintendo consoles have always been the 'party game' local multiplayer device and online was always a niche, charging for it will only dissuade that.

When going portable with the Switch, bringing a portable charger seems to be a requirement unless you won't use it that much.

There are going to be soooo many shitty battery accessories from shady 3rd parties, lmao.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sony and Microsoft give you free, sometimes brand new games that you get to keep (in PS Plus's case as long as you are subscribed). Yet, Nintendo is going to let you RENT a NES or SNES game for a month? What a fucking joke dude.

The paid online service is at launch, but it's free until later this year. They're giving an extended free trial, basically.
    Ah, gotcha. Some of the articles I was browsing on my phone last night (stupid mobile browsing, hate that shit) were not entirely clear. That' not bad, then. But still beyond shitty that you only get to play those games for one month at a time, it's a major buzzkill for what should otherwise be an incredibly awesome feature : /

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

So if you have a Wii U there is no reason to buy the Switch unless you want to play while you're taking a shit? Got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why they didn't showcase that on the main presentation is beyond me. Bomberman still has some pedigree to the name.
    And that pedigree involves blowing up my brother, muahahaha, or trapping myself on accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Prifter View Post
    So if you have a Wii U there is no reason to buy the Switch unless you want to play while you're taking a shit? Got it.
    Even then, using a phone would be a lot more comfortable while on the toilet....people will just stick to that.

You need to because Wii U won't have the newest games after a while.

You can play the Wii U while taking a shit though LUL

I read somewhere that the switch will be in 1080p while docked and 720p while handheld. Battery life of 2 1/2-6 hours is nothing exciting. New Zelda will get about 3 hours of handheld play time. The price seems a little expensive, add in accessories it's going to be rediculous to get into. Paying for online sucks, the free game for a month is stupid as it only includes nes and super nes. I was hoping to get ports from all their platforms of all the biggest hits. Pkmn gen 1 and on, all the mega mans, metroids etc.

I'll probably wait till 2018 to c if it's worth it to buy. I don't have high hopes.

aaand bomberman has real money transactions, fucking konami.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    You need to because Wii U won't have the newest games after a while 8 months to a year from now.
    Fixed that for you

Capcom charging $40 for Ultra Street Fighter 2.

I don't know what coke Ono has been snorting but it must be some good shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Hah!!! Good point! =D

Capcom charging $40 for Ultra Street Fighter 2.

I don't know what coke Ono has been snorting but it must be some good shit.
    It will have online. Still a little bit pricy though. Should've been $20-30.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really if your bathroom is far enough away or enough walls are inbetween your Wii U and Gamepad.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    It will have online. Still a little bit pricy though. Should've been $20-30.
    The enhanced port of 3rd Strike on PS3/360 had online and it costed $15...

Also with how bad the net code can be in SFV, I don't even want to imagine the net code in a budget release.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    I was genuinely hyped for a Nintendo console this time but there goes the hype. 329€ in Europe if you pre-order and 350€ after and it doesn't bring a game with, payed online, 32GB hard drive in 2017, really? Idc if it's expandable with cards or not. All the hardware seems really cheap made too.

I liked the presentation of these games:

- 1,2 Switch
    - Super Mario Odyssey
    - Xenoblade Chronicles 2
    - Fire Emblem Warriors

But with these prices, no way. I would go with 250€ or 300€+game but like this? Hell no!
    I don't understand why shit is always somuch more expensive here even whwn Euro is the stronger currency. It should be fucking 300 euros max with those yen and dollar prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I don't understand why shit is always somuch more expensive here even whwn Euro is the stronger currency. It should be fucking 300 euros max with those yen and dollar prices.
    Yeah, we are always screwed because they make $=€ when Euros are worth a bit more but $299 >329€? Fuck off, really. 70€ and i buy a much more powerful PS4 Pro which already has hundreds of games.