Poll: Do you still level alts up from 1 to 110?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If I have a boost I use it, if not I slowly level. I don't change mains that often. Think 4 times in 10 years and probably half that time I was Main/Alt between only 3 characters. Just added one this expansion. So I'm never in a hurry to max level a character. The only main I've ever retired totally was my priest, I just end up in guilds with a ton of priests, so it was always better to be a lock, DK, or now, warrior.

I think I'd like to have a Shaman healer at some point, just cause. or maybe a monk tank/dps, again just for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yes, I still level from scratch, but I am running out of space, with 144 characters (2 full accounts and 1 not).
    But why though?

I had all characters at 100 early into WoD, but now I'm thinking about maybe having duplicate classes because of the different caps on legendaries. I'd have to delete something for that though, yay.

I loved having alt and playing them from start to finish. I was even nicknamed "the mad reroller" (we tend to call alt "reroll", as in "rolling anoter char") in Vanilla due to this.

Since WotLK made leveling alt a faceroll, I've been less and less interested in playing them. Since Cata destroyed the old world and made it even more of a faceroll, I've basically stuck to my already max level char, as creating a new character just meant hours of bore instead of fun.
    Since Legion made even keeping one character a grinding chore, I've gave up on playing anything but my main.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I level from square 1 when I'm bored and don't know what else to do.
    Typically, those toons hit the 50-60ish plateau before I get bored and do something else.
    Last toon I seriously leveled from 1-100 (WoD-era) was a warlock, which is currently sitting at 102 because I just wanted to do the weapon quests on it (I've done this will everything except DK and Rogue so far, might eventually get around to those during my next boredom spat in a couple months once NH is on farm).

I did boost a Pally recently to fill a healer hole in the raid team, so I guess I would select boost above as the closest option to me.

I've been playing WoW for 3-4 years before I actually got more into the end game, and all I did during those years was LEVEL. Even when I got more into the end game, I still did a lot of leveling

When I had the money to buy boosts for a class I wanted, I did it without hesitation. I can't find the motivation to level anymore, even though I love WoW's questing, it's just such a drag.

I now have 12 characters to get through Legion with......I don't think I can do all of them since I fucking HATE Legions leveling(worst of all time, I hate it).

10+ Year Old Account
    I have several lvl 100 an only two at lvl 110. So I won't likely level up another character from lvl 1 soon. But I would not mind.

Unless I need a character yesterday at level 100. I'm not going to spend money on a boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yeah, I still have a free 100 and 90 boost sitting around!
    Same. I love leveling new characters. I just wish 1-60 didn't go by so fast. I played the expansions to death when they were current, but there's still a lot of sub-60 content I haven't seen because I out-level it so quickly.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yes, I still level from scratch, but I am running out of space, with 144 characters (2 full accounts and 1 not).
    Why...? You might as well keep restarting a single-player game or try out an Asian MMO, because it's clear you're not interested in end-game.

I'd consider levelling a character from 1 again if only to overpower the mobs with all the heirlooms I got. This scaling bullshit in Legion is not fun at all, I got no sense of progression in the continent itself and I hope they'll never use it again.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

I have a absolute blast leveling now, almost exclusively with like 3-4 guildies at a time. We all make some funny themed crew, like all undead, all troll, all rouges etc and Zerg areas devouring the main storylines and nothing else, while qued for bgs/dungeons. With the heirloom gear now, just doing the main story line is more than enough to out level a zone, and starting from a diff capital city each time keeps it fresh. Usually a fun 3-6 hr sesh, have done it half a dozen times now with alts at lvls like 20, 30, and 40. Key is to just make sure people stay relatively close together in lvl, but honestly is fun as hell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    I already had all classes, two warriors and two priests, at 100 by the end of Wod, so neither.
    This - I had at least 2 of each class at 100 a year before the start of Legion and haven't felt the need to use either of the free boosts I got with the expansions.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Generally, I level them up. I do use boosts when I get them for free from buying expansions, though.

Despite that, I am considering to buy one specifically for my hunter, as the class is extraordinarily boring. It's a pretty class, though, and moderately fun from an RP perspective. I want my mail gear that I get, specifically rare BoE gear, to be added to my appearance tab... So, I've been leveling one.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

I rushed a few characters to level 100 during the legion invasion just purely for more chances at mounts but other than that I exclusively play my main.

Because of all the free Garrison gold, I leveled a couple more toons from the 1 to 100 method, along with the level 90s boost I got from buying WoD. Does using the 300% XP potions count as boosting? I had a bunch of them farmed up from pre-CRZ'd panadaria.

Nowadays I can't imagine why I would level a toon from 1 to 100, but I also have 20 100s. Unless they offer out another garrison gold Xpac, I doubt I'll do much with the toons I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    This scaling bullshit in Legion is not fun at all, I got no sense of progression in the continent itself and I hope they'll never use it again.
    I expect the scaling will be standard from now on and we might be looking at old world getting scaling as well, which I would really hate.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2017-01-13 at 06:34 PM.

I only have a main character. If I were to play an ALT I would pay $60 for a boost cause time is money friend.

Leveled up a monk to 99 to twink, leveling a new SV hunter to 99 to twink, kinda sorta leveling a 100+ SV and maybe a MW for more PVP heals. Undecided. I'll be down for a week or so, that'll sort it out i think.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I don't have room for new characters(or I guess I have 1 spot now on my account now), I just level ones that I already have from 100(or 85) left over from previous expansions.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-01-13 at 06:53 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    But why though?

I had all characters at 100 early into WoD, but now I'm thinking about maybe having duplicate classes because of the different caps on legendaries. I'd have to delete something for that though, yay.
    Why leveling from scratch? Cheaper for me, and more fun. The time it takes doesn't compare with 60 dollars for me, not how I level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Why...? You might as well keep restarting a single-player game or try out an Asian MMO, because it's clear you're not interested in end-game.

I'd consider levelling a character from 1 again if only to overpower the mobs with all the heirlooms I got. This scaling bullshit in Legion is not fun at all, I got no sense of progression in the continent itself and I hope they'll never use it again.
    What makes it 'clear' that I am not interested in end-game?

Not all my characters has to be end-game, I am quite fine with having one of each class at end-game with 870 ilvl (except the main, at 880).

I enjoy leveling, though it is fun and at times too fast, it is still a relaxing thing for me. And I enjoy the company I find during, or take along with me.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Because of all the free Garrison gold, I leveled a couple more toons from the 1 to 100 method, along with the level 90s boost I got from buying WoD. Does using the 300% XP potions count as boosting? I had a bunch of them farmed up from pre-CRZ'd panadaria.

Nowadays I can't imagine why I would level a toon from 1 to 100, but I also have 20 100s. Unless they offer out another garrison gold Xpac, I doubt I'll do much with the toons I have.

I expect the scaling will be standard from now on and we might be looking at old world getting scaling as well, which I would really hate.
    As long as it's optional, I don't care.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 3 classes <100 right now. Either they'll stay that way, or I'll boost them. I'm not leveling from 1 again..