Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCool View Post
    why didn't Blizzard fix it during PTR?
    The same mysterious reason why things haven't been fixed since beta :P, hence the need for such a heavy class change patch.

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Because they are not OP. Facts can't be wrong.
    We will see on next hotfixes notes how your "facts" are accurate.

Because they are not OP. Facts can't be wrong.
    The patch has been out for 3 days. They have been OP for 3 days. You're not likely to see any movement that high up the ladder after 3 days. The fact remains that since Wednesday they have been killing people in 2 seconds in arena, both low ranked and top ranked. That is OP, and however many of them there are in the top 400 players has nothing to do with it.

The only boss DHs are leading in DPS? Guarm, thats it. They are OP right? Facts...not bullshit. So they aren't even OP in PvE.

The only boss DHs are leading in DPS? Guarm, thats it. They are OP right? Facts...not bullshit. So they aren't even OP in PvE.
    You're in the PvP forum. Nobody gives a shit about DPS or Guarm.

You have been talking about PvP up to this point (with comments that are way off, paraphrasing "just run away from that DH popping meta on you in arena") and suddenly it's about bosses?
    You must be realising this argument is slipping away from you. Demon hunters are absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    You have been talking about PvP up to this point (with comments that are way off, paraphrasing "just run away from that DH popping meta on you in arena") and suddenly it's about bosses?
    You must be realising this argument is slipping away from you. Demon hunters are absurd.
    Facts buddy, not cheap arguments. Prove that DHs are OP as you say they are.

Representation on an arena ladder that has existed for 4 weeks is not a reflection on how demon hunters have performed in the last 3 days. That if anything, is a shit argument.

You want me to prove how taking a single GCD off to drop a Lightning Surge Totem is a bad idea, because that GCD not spent on healing will have me dead because I wasn't spamming heals?
    You can't cc meta if you're dead. DHs are having too much power for too little effort and if you are incapable of seeing that, you are either trying to deliberately provoke, or are too biased, possibly from playing one yourself.

You want me to prove how taking a single GCD off to drop a Lightning Surge Totem is a bad idea, because that GCD not spent on healing will have me dead because I wasn't spamming heals?
    You can't cc meta if you're dead. DHs are having too much power for too little effort and if you are incapable of seeing that, you are either trying to deliberately provoke, or are too biased, possibly from playing one yourself.
    A quick scan of posting history says he probably mains a DH.

Don't bother, his argument is nonsense and is biased.
    Hotfixes are already being applied, just that Blizzard sucks at documenting them in a timely manner.

B A L A N C E D B O Y S

Demon Hunter
    Mana Break now deals 5% of the target's health in damage base, up to 25% if they have 0% remaining mana.
    First Blood's additional damage in PvP situations has been reduced to 100% additional damage (was 200%).
    Fury of the Illidari deals 30% less damage in PvP situations. This also reduces the amount of damage that Rage of the Illidari will deal to targets.
    The additional auto-attack damage of Chaos Blades in PvP situations has been reduced to 150% additional damage (was 200%).

That moment when you realize that only your class got the PVP tunning hotfixes. FeelsLULMan.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Only 14 are demon hunters out of the 400 highest rated 3v3 players. US ladder btw.

I guess that's because they're OP?

DHs have the most max lvl characters of any class, yet they are by far the least represented class in competitive pvp. Monks however, the least played class, has 14 players in the top 100(mostly WWs). Monks according to the majority of players are bad, DHs are OP.
    Class popularity in terms of level capped characters is a pretty flawed way of comparing them.

Demon Hunters:
    - lots of (player) hype
    - start at level 100 (1 per realm)

Monks:
    - barely any player hype
    - start at level 1

The difference something like that makes in the amount of level capped characters is huge. And even if the amount of monks and demon hunters at level cap was even, that still wouldn't say anything about their viability in high end PvP.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because they are not OP. Facts can't be wrong. At the moment there are only 37 DHs worldwide, rated over 2200 in 3v3, the next class has almost twice that number, and there are 268 druids. Facts...
    Not being a dick but you must be really fucking shit if you don't think DH is disgustingly retarded right now.

You want proof? Ok. Here's a bunch of clips I've found since 7.1.5

https://forge.gg/i/VmlkZW86ODc5MTAx
    http://forge.gg/i/VmlkZW86ODc3ODQx
    https://www.twitch.tv/uorokku/v/113935637?t=06s

I guess they're just really good and as a result their abilities do more damage.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2017-01-13 at 10:16 PM.

DHs are only op in casual pvp, mostly because your opponents will be below avg players. They are the worst class in competitive pvp...All i see here is shit players not knowing how to cc, pop defensives, and run the f away.
    I'm all for calling out obvious bads, but making blanket statements like this should result in an infraction or two. You don't know the individual pvp experience of those posting in the forum, and your inability to acknowledge gaping flaws in certain class implementations as being too good or too bad highlights your own bias and ignorance.

Only 14 are demon hunters out of the 400 highest rated 3v3 players. US ladder btw.

I guess that's because they're OP?

DHs have the most max lvl characters of any class, yet they are by far the least represented class in competitive pvp. Monks however, the least played class, has 14 players in the top 100(mostly WWs). Monks according to the majority of players are bad, DHs are OP.
    Hey, great that you're citing selective stats of an irrelevant medium - 3v3. Rated pvp participation is down across the board, and trying to stake an argument for a class being OP or not based on a minuscule sampling of the entire player base is as asinine as your previous comment.

3v3 is about CLASS SYNERGY and not exclusively individual class balance. While a DH may be individually OP - and that much is not debatable; their mobility and damage taken together make them "too good" - top tier players have already "mastered" playing previous successful comps.

Because they are not OP. Facts can't be wrong. At the moment there are only 37 DHs worldwide, rated over 2200 in 3v3, the next class has almost twice that number, and there are 268 druids. Facts...
    Your "facts" are wrong. You're citing representation on the ass end of the bell curve of rated pvp as some kind of "evidence" that DHs are "just fine" in pvp. No. We've already dispelled the myth that rated pvp representation is a direct indicator of individual class/spec balance.

Most players, i.e. the majority of the paying customer base, plays random BGs and does pve, because that's where the gear is at. PvP gear is irrelevant and therefore rated pvp is now just a sideshow...rated pvp alone is certainly no longer a basis for deciding whether or not a class should be adjusted.

The hotfixes are in, dhs were barely touched. Gg nerds.

Lawl and theres still some nerd saying my facts are wrong. Facts CANT be wrong idiot, got it all from the official warcraft site...

Quote Originally Posted by fallenisback View Post
    Yeah? Increase our 1 minute imprison to 30 seconds? How does that work? Do you even pvp on a DH? The 10 second cd changes to 1 min when you take the pvp talent.

- - - Updated - - -

It's funny because any time I'm against a DH in arena it's an easy win. All you have to do is cc their meta and they're on the same level as every other class. Not that the people complaining know anything about not dr'ing ccs before the dh pops meta tho.
    Dude...your statement whether i pvp as DH and taking that talent over mana break (pre nerf) made me laugh, its clearly you are the one who does not pvp on DH much lol

Deleted
    wish that DH artifact skill would not hit like a wet noodle. especially since the damage is avoidable unless you line it up with a stun

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The hotfixes are in, dhs were barely touched. Gg nerds.

Lawl and theres still some nerd saying my facts are wrong. Facts CANT be wrong idiot, got it all from the official warcraft site...
    Those weren't PvP changes.

If you actually read the patch notes, there's something that says that PvP changes are incoming, they're just not finalized yet.

I can guarantee you'll see a lot of DH nerfs. It's funny how you ignored everything I linked.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    Those weren't PvP changes.

If you actually read the patch notes, there's something that says that PvP changes are incoming, they're just not finalized yet.

I can guarantee you'll see a lot of DH nerfs. It's funny how you ignored everything I linked.
    There were PvP nerfs too

• Mana Break now deals 5% of the target's health in damage base, up to 25% if they have 0% remaining mana.
    • First Blood's additional damage in PvP situations has been reduced to 100% additional damage (was 200%).
    • Fury of the Illidari deals 30% less damage in PvP situations. This also reduces the amount of damage that Rage of the Illidari will deal to targets.
    • The additional auto-attack damage of Chaos Blades in PvP situations has been reduced to 150% additional damage (was 200%).