Thread: +35 sucks!

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    We get it. You don't like Legion and claim you don't play it.

Why are you still here?
    Maybe because I still like the game, just don't enjoy this xpac? So maybe I'm looking for updated which might make this xpac enjoyable for me? This forum isn't for Blizzcucks only.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I seem to remember an expansion ago that people complained there was nothing to do.

Man, it's impossible to please people.
    I remember you when you weren't an admin on this website and how obnoxious you were in your replies, and I see you haven't changed one bit.

There's a fucking difference between something to do and something to do on such a scale of grind and repetition that it transcends the definition of grinding, it becomes soulless.

I'm disgusted by your generation of mods that turned this website into the Official WoW forums #2 cesspool which it is. All it lacks now is an upvote system, which I'm sure is in the works.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    There's a fucking difference between something to do and something to do on such a scale of grind and repetition that it transcends the definition of grinding, it becomes soulless.
    It is not a huge grind though. I got my first level of bonus trait and am 800k into the second. I don't do mythic, I don't do raids outside of LFR, I don't run much dungeons. I just play the game and use the legion app for my phone. If I get AP I get it if I don't I don't. It is only a huge soulless grind if you lack willpower. You don't need these traits to clear mythic raiding as it was done with out it. You don't need these traits for anything at this point other then having them.

Unless you are in a world first guild there is no reason to have it become a soul less grind unless you want it to. So if the problem is with the individual player and what they want then no amount of work by blizzard will change it. But hey keep insulting people and claiming this is because its a cesspool of wow official forums. At some point though you should realize the problem is likely with you then everyone else
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Sephuz Secret View Post
    Yeah the 3,5 million more AP came from clearing LFR and EN-N a few times more often than me I guess. And please tell me where I am bitching around? I asked you a simple question and in my last post I stated my opinion about this xpac, but it seems like you'll get witchhunted for disliking Legion around here.

Well if you are used to play the game with a competetive thrive and not being fine with clearing LFR or progressing Heroic with shitters you kinda have to grind. Thanks for the enlightning bruv, I always thought what I write on forums were straight facts everyone has to accept.

???
    You know what I mean....

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The reason they have CRZ is because of the large swings in activity over an expansion, particularly for individual zones. Just wanting CRZ doesn't make the problem it solves go away.

Perma-linked servers are logically equivalent to single servers, except some players look like they have extra characters after their names. Given name conflicts if they actually really merged them, what the hell is the point of doing that?
    CRZ doesn't solve any problems... it simply makes people feel like they are in a more populated world. What it creates are the problems of people using CRZ to camp rares on other servers. It's garbage.

Perma-linking does solve the name issue... but even now there is the "my server is better than yours" mentality... when in reality they ARE one server. I.E. Two servers are linked.. one has a strong raiding community (not anymore as no server has seen that for a long time) and after linking act as if the "other side" is somehow lesser players.

You have a multi server mentality hurting community, on what is effectively s single server.

Deleted
    It's really not that big of a deal. Log in every day, do the emissary and some high-AP rewarding quests. Do the weekly raid lockouts. Do your weekly +12m. Do your daily heroic. Maybe do a couple lower m+ to have something to do. And you will have at least 1 paragon point per day.

People complaining that it's too much for 0.5% increase: It used to be that you went weeks without an item upgrade (which was only possible in raids in earlier expansions and you had fewer items drop per person and no bonus loot roll). That's 0.0% increase for much bigger effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember you when you weren't an admin on this website and how obnoxious you were in your replies, and I see you haven't changed one bit.
    I'm just a mod, not an admin.

As I've said many times, the AP "grind" is not a grind. Everything you do in Legion rewards you with AP. Bonus rolls. Raids. Dungeons. World Quests. Treasure hunting. The only "soulless" aspect of it is what you force yourself to do.

I make plenty of AP just from doing a dungeon here and there, a mythic + once a week, and raiding with my guild. You don't have to turn it into a terrible grind and the complaining about it is ridiculous. Really? Last expansion it was there is nothing to do once you cap everything, now the cap is gone and it's suddenly "there is too much to do, it sucks, it's soulless, I am FORCED to grind Mythic+ all day".

I'm disgusted by your generation of mods that turned this website into the Official WoW forums #2 cesspool which it is. All it lacks now is an upvote system, which I'm sure is in the works.
    No upvote system will be implemented here.

Why? Should a mod have to agree with everyone and be a mindless robot? Hate to tell you this and I hate to sound like I'm sucking upto any mod or Darsithis here but they are still people with opinions. Why should they agree with the OP if they don't? What if someone says "Legion sucks and is a shit grindfest" for example should all the blues jump in here and agree with the OP and infract anyone with a different opinion?

I agree with Darsithis because he's kind of right. People cry about something every expansion. Whether it's too little to do or too much to do. Hell if I recall the "wow is dead" crap started around late TBC-Wrath was it? Feel free to correct me on that.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-01-13 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephuz Secret View Post
    Maybe because I still like the game, just don't enjoy this xpac? So maybe I'm looking for updated which might make this xpac enjoyable for me? This forum isn't for Blizzcucks only.
    Congrats kid, you learned a new Buzzword. Go throw your hissy fit somewhere else.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-01-13 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Congrats kid, you learned a new Buzzword. Go throw your hissy fit somewhere else.
    All he seems to be doing. Especially since anyone who disagrees with him apparently is whatever the hell a "blizzcuck" is. Can't say I'm up to date on modern internet terminology to be fair.

I never grinded artifact power. At at 38 right now with 35 on 2 OS weapons. I did weekly m+, 1 or 2 difficulties of raids, order hall, and some emissaries.

By 'grinding' you were only a few levels ahead of everyone else but you never made the gap bigger unless you were some crazy guy purposefully grinding AP to max out 20 paragon points.

You did it to yourself. 'Grinding' is not a necessity at ALL. If you play the game, you get enough AP. End of.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    You did it to yourself. 'Grinding' is not a necessity at ALL. If you play the game, you get enough AP. End of.
    Im going to have to agree here and say yet again, the player base invents these "mandatory" things and then complains to Blizzard because they have no self control. Eventually they'll see that everything they do in this game is for naught and learn to relax and just play

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Im going to have to agree here and say yet again, the player base invents these "mandatory" things and then complains to Blizzard because they have no self control. Eventually they'll see that everything they do in this game is for naught and learn to relax and just play
    Exactly. But for the playerbase it's much easier to blame Blizzard and the system rather than their own crappy self control.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    I got to 35 AP without spending an astounding amount of time in the game. Quite frankly, with AK 25, it's really not that hard. Spot the quests that are fast and worth it. You don't have to grind all of them, even more so if you're not in a race to do so.
    i really think ton of this burnout came from peoplefarming stupiditly ap on low levels instead wait for ak 25 - atm i have os weapon on 31 traits only from doin 200% class hall missions nothing else while MS stays on 35 as there is 0 need to farm more unless you are planing to progress mythic nh from day 1 its open.

people who are not hardcore need to stop to pretend they are one and embrace their casualness.

Deleted
    I don't consider running dungeons over a thousand times good content. And yeah if I wanted to raid at the level I enjoy to that's what I would need to do. Hoping they don't confuse mindless grind and RNG legendaries with content next expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    How would you change it?

A grind is a grind no matter how you do it. If it's a huge challenge every single day it becomes an investment many people won't face, just like they won't exercise or eat better. If it's really easy it is just boring and people don't do it. Unfortunately I can't see any really good way to accomplish a grind that is fun consistently.
    A grind I feel can be defined by a predictable repetition.
    The "fun" if there is any, will come from the result being less predictable.
    The problem there is if the "good" result is too common, it risks becoming fairly predictable and losing its excitement or fun factor.
    If it is uncommon, then the fun factor is rare and so it simply does feel like you are getting it.

I am not sure there is a good solution to making a grind "fun" in a consistent way by the standards of even one player, let alone more.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-01-13 at 06:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    The +35 grind killed most of the 'fun' I used to have from this game .. A s a casual player I used to play many hours a week across multiple toons .. That's all gone now .. Simply knowing my character is inferior as well as I need to grind until my eyes bleed simply SUCKS!

I loved the fact raiding meant better gear .. I loved the fact that higher PvP rating meant better gear .. That is all the work I think should be required to max power your character .. Adding AK grind was bad for the game .. ON TOP OF THAT SHIT they add +35 more points for 14.5% more stats or damage was it?!

I bet play time has dropped for many players, and if they keep this Asian grind fest pretty sure subs gonna follow and fall ...

Man it feels like NCSoft has taken over Acti-Blizz!
    Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I love all these things to do, feels like I'm actually playing an MMO again (I come from korean grindy mmo's so this doesn't even feel like grinding to me)

Quote Originally Posted by Dobrogost View Post
    I don't consider running dungeons over a thousand times good content. And yeah if I wanted to raid at the level I enjoy to that's what I would need to do. Hoping they don't confuse mindless grind and RNG legendaries with content next expansion
    Congrats, you will never be happy with any MMO... ever.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Whatever you may think of Bill Cosby these days, but he was right IMHO in saying "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Well, except that WoW's model has always been to try to please everybody, and it is one of the most successful games in the entire history of gaming. Yes people cry and whine on forums but it has still made $10,000,000,000+ revenue over its lifetime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dobrogost View Post
    Ah, another bad fail raider who thinks he could be nailing world firsts if he just had 0.5% more damage from his artifact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Well, except that WoW's model has always been to try to please everybody...
    Actually, no. When it was growing the fastest, it had broad appeal but there were still things you could only do in a group, etc. Want to raid pre-LK? You needed to be in some kind of organized group. Want to run 5mans? Same. Heroics in TBC? Needed revered with the right faction (later, honored). What WoW did well is to ensure that you could, in fact, solo to max level so that if you were playing during off times etc. you could still progress that way but there were some barriers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    A grind I feel can be defined by a predictable repetition.
    The "fun" if there is any, will come from the result being less predictable.
    The problem there is if the "good" result is too common, it risks becoming fairly predictable and losing its excitement or fun factor.
    If it is uncommon, then the fun factor is rare and so it simply does feel like you are getting it.

I am not sure there is a good solution to making a grind "fun" in a consistent way by the standards of even one player, let alone more.
    You can make repetitive things more fun by incorporating story, etc. (I keep thinking of the 5.1 Lion's Landing/Dom Offensive rep that told a story as you got more rep... the dailies were still a grind, but they were interrupted by the story quests).

At some point, that runs out. But if it runs out mostly for the people on one side of the 'time in game' curve (i.e. the people who spend hours per day in the game), that's fine. You can then give those people repetitive grind so they do have something to do while letting the rest of us get decent stuff with at least some level of fun/story in the progression.

I have 35 traits on my main spec weapon. At AK 25 I'm easily getting my second spec there (at 31 or 32, I can't recall). I'll get my alt to 110 and send her the level 20 AK tome and she'll get to 35 fairly quickly. Will I add AP post 35? Sure. On my main, once the 2 specs I care about are 35 I'll add AP as I get it. Will I grind it? Fuck no. Will I fall behind people who do? Yep. Do I care about that? You must be kidding, I'm an adult.