Thread: Havoc in 7.1.5

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs up Havoc in 7.1.5

Hello guys, I see a lot of confusion going on here so I decided to make an account and share my experience so far.

At first, seeing the changes on the PTR got me pretty worried. I thought our spec lost its identity and became less fun and challenging. However that is not the case at all. I kind of hate to admit that Blizzard did a phenomenal job this time!

When it comes to raiding, we still have our insane opener (actually we do more damage in the metamorphosis window now) and we still jump around like locusts, so I really don't see the reason why most people here are sad. Sure, our cleave got hurt, but that was well deserved as it was admittedly too strong. In exchange for that however, we got amazing ST buffs. In 7.1 I was simming for 520K DPS on a patchwork fight, and now in 7.1.5 I am simming for 620K. That is a straight up 100K ST DPS increase that came along with a very active and fun rotation that fits Havoc and that allows me to actually benefit from my mobility by increasing uptime and easily dodge mechanics.
    When it comes to m+, we are stronger than ever with the demonic build and the fun part is that I don't even use it because I don't have the legendary head piece (not saying that it's a requirement to go demonic, just personal preference). I honestly go into +12-15 keys with raiding single targer talents and finish at 1.2M DPS on bosses and 800K DPS on overall while we are in Skittish week which is a horrible affix for us.

So please stop being so negative/ungrateful, and go have a look at Mythic Guarm logs.

-Skizm
    Last edited by mmoc1cb73829d4; 2017-01-13 at 04:19 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by Skizmx View Post
    Hello guys, I see a lot of confusion going on here so I decided to make an account and share my experience so far.

At first, seeing the changes on the PTR got me pretty worried. I thought our spec lost its identity and became less fun and challenging. However that is not the case at all. I kind of hate to admit that Blizzard did a phenomenal job this time!

When it comes to raiding, we still have our insane opener (actually we do more damage in the metamorphosis window now) and we still jump around like locusts, so I really don't see the reason why most people here are sad. Sure, our cleave got hurt, but that was well deserved as it was admittedly too strong. In exchange for that however, we got amazing ST buffs. In 7.1 I was simming for 520K DPS on a patchwork fight, and now in 7.1.5 I am simming for 620K. That is a straight up 100K ST DPS increase that came along with a very active and fun rotation that fits Havoc and that allows me to actually benefit from my mobility by increasing uptime and easily dodge mechanics.
    When it comes to m+, we are stronger than ever with the demonic build and the fun part is that I don't even use it because I don't have the legendary head piece (not saying that it's a requirement to go demonic, just personal preference). I honestly go into +12-15 keys with raiding single targer talents and finish at 1.2M DPS on bosses and 800K DPS on overall while we are in Skittish week which is a horrible affix for us.

So please stop being so negative/ungrateful, and go have a look at Mythic Guarm logs.

-Skizm
    agreed completely and you didnt't even touch on PvP.

tbh, its just a heavy amount of L2P issues going on. people will be bad, and when ppls numbers arent the numbers they read about, then they automatically feel the need to rant about it and vocalize their bad.

those of us, like you and i, that know how to manage resources, optimize our gear correctly, pool fury, understand how to use our CDs and not mash random shit, will always see the light. as for the others, well, they'll just keep being bad.

Deleted
    Pretty much yes I didn't want to say those things in my first post, but I totally agree with you!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post

tbh, its just a heavy amount of L2P issues going on. people will be bad, and when ppls numbers arent the numbers they read about, then they automatically feel the need to rant about it and vocalize their bad.

those of us, like you and i, that know how to manage resources, optimize our gear correctly, pool fury, understand how to use our CDs and not mash random shit, will always see the light. as for the others, well, they'll just keep being bad.
    Thanks mate! So I am just bad and that#s why I dislike standing still and pressing 3 buttons. Got it now!

I also agree. I'm still getting used to the new spec. Spamming Fel Blade and Blade Dance. I love Blade Dance by the way so glad its now viable. Its hard to not get tempted to push Throw Glaive, hold habbits and all. Haha. I need to try the AoE Demonic build at some point, I have yet to give that a try in M+ or AoE Raid fights. Nighthold should provide plenty of chances to test it out.

I love the new demonic build. For me being a demonhunter was always about metamorphosis and eye beam so seeing more of that being viable made me happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    Thanks mate! So I am just bad and that#s why I dislike standing still and pressing 3 buttons. Got it now!
    You are not standing still, you still fill with FR when you are low on fury. And you are not hitting 3 buttons, you are hitting CS, TG, BD, FR, FB. That is 5 buttons, which is MORE buttons than 7.1 which was 4 (FR, VR ,TG, CS).

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this new build is pretty interesting. Even with demon blades nerf I have much more fury than in 7.1. thanks to Felblade and even when I'm slightly unlucky, I have Blade Dance, a cheap spender with a cd that is really strong too. And that's all WITHOUT a ring.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

You are not standing still, you still fill with FR when you are low on fury. And you are not hitting 3 buttons, you are hitting CS, TG, BD, FR, FB. That is 5 buttons, which is MORE buttons than 7.1 which was 4 (FR, VR ,TG, CS).
    Didn't you see that he said he was bad?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets see if ppl will keep praising this patch as "the best one ever for dh" when the nerf bat comes hard our way because of the crying of "amg, dh too stronk".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    Lets see if ppl will keep praising this patch as "the best one ever for dh" when the nerf bat comes hard our way because of the crying of "amg, dh too stronk".

Honestly I'm fine with a 5% nerf on chaos strike and first blood. Anything more will be too big and will take us back to being middle-pack again. However honestly our current state is slightly a bit stronger than it should ao a minor nerf will not be unreasonable.

Noones complaining about the numbers. They're complaining about how braindead it is to get those numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Noones complaining about the numbers. They're complaining about how braindead it is to get those numbers.
    +1

/10char

Honestly I'm fine with a 5% nerf on chaos strike and first blood. Anything more will be too big and will take us back to being middle-pack again. However honestly our current state is slightly a bit stronger than it should ao a minor nerf will not be unreasonable.
    Why would being reduced to average be "too big" of a nerf? Isn't that the definition of a perfectly tuned nerf?

Anyway, I really don't think anyone is upset by our damage output (although it is obviously going to be reduced). They're more upset about the loss of momentum as the superior talent, which I think is pretty understandable--that particular playstyle has some nuance to it which the Nemesis build lacks. Yeah you should still FR as filler but it's not nearly the same thing (and I wonder how much it'll be used at all when Tier 19 gear boosts fury production).

You realize people QQ about gameplay and not DPS? Then your post is nearly all about DPS, and you be like "whoa I discover America, quickly make account and tell everyone" no offense just kidding
    But I would like to see where people actually QQ about DH DPS, like really my blind dog with 3 legs is at top of DPS meter (well except when theres fat retri paly :S)

Fury generation got nerfed with no doubt, felblade same tier as fel mastery, removed fel rush reset trait, then the ring and ofc demon blade. Now this all got balanced with lots of +% dmg. So you do big dmg, but the gameplay feels dull atm. I asume lot of things going to change with tier set.

Also this patch gives me impression you need certain items to have best game experience (like tier set or legendary) and if you have bad luck like me and drop 3 crapest legs, then your game experience suffer, and if I drop my 4th leg neck which I don't have yet, then I am seriously screwed...

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post

I feel a detestable atmosphere for people that could read you (not me, I'm usually speaking in place of others, thank you god for that high empathy/giftedness) with that kind of arguments, I had when I was 20-23. Then I took hard claps in the face at work before realizing adapting communication toward others was a requirement to grow.
    See Iluwen answer as Proof Of Concept.

Now for the rational part: guess it's easier to "manage resources" when you can sim 620k ? Realize it's not even 1% of players with high gear / playtime so this has not to be accounted for the only truth, but your own reality. I know you didn't say you are simming for 620k, it's above - but you are including you to him. Also, forget about "DPS" part, everyone is doing fine right now but have a different perception of "fun" right now, only this.
    What is your ilvl ?
    Last edited by Deix-EU; 2017-01-13 at 07:36 PM.

Deleted
    Do you guys enjoy Nemesis still? I kinda dislike it, I wish Momentum was the go-to talent in raids, Nemesis is being used on every boss in EN/ToV and Nighthold no idea, haven't really checked the fights, but I think most of the bosses will be Nemesis aswell. I wish they brought back Momentum to ST/AoE so it's close to Nemesis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Plus, it got even more RNG-heavy with Felblade with no way to influence that shit.

First blood now is as viable as Bloodlet ? Also should i use other talets in place of the auto attack that MAY generate fury?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, na dis it okay to use fel eruption istead of the other 2 options? Hated playing havoc cuz momentum was so good that u would suck if u didnt pick that one up.

First blood is most often the best thing on the tier now. You can run demonic appetite with varying strength depending on your build, but it's not much weaker than demon blades in general.

Fel Eruption is very close on certain ST fights, but if the target is stunnable it's naturally far weaker. Nemesis is the goto for ST if you don't like momentum (it's only for aoe now)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."