Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    How could you possibly have taken it personally? I mean he only said "you burger slingers".

#independentvoter
    Not woke enough for reading comprehension I guess.

People are saying "there will be people who lose health insurance". What about the ones who lost it Due to this law? Or the ones who had to pay More for Less benefits? There needs to be regulations in place, but this whole thing sucks. With or without it, its bad. Period. We need a Real law and healthcare plan to get things going.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    The problem is, without young people buying the health insurance (and the healthy), premiums sky rocket. The fine was supposed to encourage these poeple to help stabilize premiums by providing a reliable income with low expense bracket for insurance companies.

That...seems to have failed.

I suppose the only other way to get it to work is to make the govt the sole arbitraitor of health stuff so they can negotiate lower prices using their full weight. Kinda like how you get bulk discounts.
    Exactly, I 100% agree with this. I went to the ACA and put in that I was making 25k year and it spat out 100 dollars a month, and I thought to myself, when I made that much being young and healthy no way am I going to pay 100 dollars a month for health insurance, fuck that, id rather risk having to go bankrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I am perfectly fine with repealing the ACA. We will go back to the way it was before, living in a fucked up system, albeit voluntarily. All the ACA did, was force people to buy into that same fucked up system. I always felt is was a gross overstep of government authority, and was implemented extremely poorly.

My mother is a huge Trump supporter. I love that woman to death, but she posted ignorant shit all the time about... well about everything. She was able to get cancer treatment, because of the ACA. More specifically, she was able to get insurance to cover her, because of the ACA. She was so proud when Trump won, and he was finally going to "clean things up." it just dawned on her last night, after i explained that there is no longer any protection for people with pre-existing conditions, and she will almost certainly not have access to insurance. Most insurance companies won't look to be covering a 60+ year-old cancer survivor for anything she could come close to affording. Her current insurance is through the ACA exchange in California, and that will almost certainly go away in the next couple years. When she asked what she should do, I told her that there is no answer to that question, and she'll find out within a year or two. Elections have consequences.
    Again, you said it will be gone. Republicans say the protections your Grandmother had will still be in place and that she will still have her plan.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Not woke enough for reading comprehension I guess.
    Hey if it makes you feel better to attack me go for it, I know having low self esteem will make people do this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    People are saying "there will be people who lose health insurance". What about the ones who lost it Due to this law? Or the ones who had to pay More for Less benefits? There needs to be regulations in place, but this whole thing sucks. With or without it, its bad. Period. We need a Real law and healthcare plan to get things going.
    The only way for that to happen is to take out the business side of health insurance. If insurance has the opportunity to cut costs, they will and this tends to hurt customers.

Of course, pharm companies being complete yahoos when it comes to drug pricing doesnt help. The high cost of entry into the healthcare field pretty much makes it a by default monopoly.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Hey if it makes you feel better to attack me go for it, I know having low self esteem will make people do this.
    You and your adorable projecting again.

What we need is a healthcare system that doesn't have a for-profit intermediary dictating what coverage and how much of a benefit you're entitled to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    I've heard like 3 or 4 talking points from Democrats on what is great about obamacare that they want to keep, yet the law is 2000+ pages. As a computer programmer, if I was handed a program that had 4 business rules to maintain, and when I cracked open the source files and it was 2000+ files of spaghetti code, I'm probably going to just start from scratch and not trying to refactor that heaping pile of bullshit. It's far to expensive to work on something that was "constructed" with the intention of not being able to be changed (which is what democrats and obama have been trying to do).
    1. Most of the law was bipartisan, since Democrats needed Republican support to even implement it.
    2. 99% of the text is governmental rigmaroles... So ten pages about health insurance sold by this kind of company in this particular area at this particular rates to these particular people at this particular time, etc., etc... For EVERY SINGLE combination of everything related to the matter.

Exactly, I 100% agree with this. I went to the ACA and put in that I was making 25k year and it spat out 100 dollars a month, and I thought to myself, when I made that much being young and healthy no way am I going to pay 100 dollars a month for health insurance, fuck that, id rather risk having to go bankrupt.
    Why do you think insurance worked like it did before the ACA?

Someone has to be paying into the system without taking money out, otherwise, the insurance industry would collapse. So, instead of collapsing, they came up with mechanisms like life time maximums and pre-existing condition exclusions to mitigate their losses.

Unfortunately, those losses are ultimately people who are dead now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    The only way for that to happen is to take out the business side of health insurance. If insurance has the opportunity to cut costs, they will and this tends to hurt customers.

Of course, pharm companies being complete yahoos when it comes to drug pricing doesnt help. The high cost of entry into the healthcare field pretty much makes it a by default monopoly.
    No kidding. They only Just got a generic epipen on the market finally since the current holder of it would just buy out the claims and rights for all others up until this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    You are a self centered prick. I have paid my bills. I have been paying into insurance now for nearly 20 years of working. I developed cancer 14 months ago. So why should I NOT be able to get the care I need? I'm paying my insurance premiums every month. Don't you have insurance to cover you and your family in case you need care? Isn't that suppose to be the whole damn POINT of insurance? I'm not putting myself before your family. I'm expecting to receive the coverage I PAY FOR. I'm sorry that's hard for you to understand.
    Yeah I am the self centered prick trying to care for my family and my children will people like you leeches take from me and my children. As I said the system is broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    No kidding. They only Just got a generic epipen on the market finally since the current holder of it would just buy out the claims and rights for all others up until this point.
    and that was by CVS, which is a giant in itself. SO bascially only other giants can compete, but that really will only happen with extensive public outrage. Which isnt reliable

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I'd imagine a lot of the people who voted against it are like this gentleman
    LOL LOL LOL

Thank you, that's the best shit I've seen all day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard like 3 or 4 talking points from Democrats on what is great about obamacare that they want to keep, yet the law is 2000+ pages. As a computer programmer, if I was handed a program that had 4 business rules to maintain that when I cracked open the source files it was 2000+ files of spaghetti code, I'm probably going to just start from scratch and not try to refactor that heaping pile of bullshit. It's far to expensive to work on something that was "constructed" with the intention of not being able to be changed (which is what democrats and obama have been trying to do).
    If you're worried about expenses, you should be aware that repealing the ACA completely will add $300 billion to the deficit. The law generates a lot of revenue most people aren't aware of.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Fenius View Post
    Yeah I am the self centered prick trying to care for my family and my children will people like you leeches take from me and my children. As I said the system is broken.
    You just called someone a leech for getting cancer.

Again, you said it will be gone. Republicans say the protections your Grandmother had will still be in place and that she will still have her plan.
    But there's certainly no guarantee of that. She was only able to get her plan because of the ACA. Before that, she was refused coverage, because of her inherent risk as a cancer survivor. If the ACA goes, that plan will no longer exist. Even though the GOP said they wouldn't get rid of the rule to force companies to cover people with pre-existing conditions, they did just move to get rid of that specific coverage the other night.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Why do you think insurance worked like it did before the ACA?

Someone has to be paying into the system without taking money out, otherwise, the insurance industry would collapse. So, instead of collapsing, they came up with mechanisms like life time maximums and pre-existing condition exclusions to mitigate their losses.

Unfortunately, those losses are ultimately people who are dead now.
    The problem is, they forced insurance to take everyone without strong arming the healthy young people enough to pay for it. That is basically it in a nutshell.

Insurance companies in general charged too much to begin with, I use be in a relationship with someone who worked for one, she would get paid not only a huge bonus for working on Friday, she would get a gas card for coming in. Not to mention her first year working there she got 4 weeks vacation. If insurance companies need to save money they could start with their operation cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is, they forced insurance to take everyone without strong arming the healthy young people enough to pay for it. That is basically it in a nutshell.

Insurance companies in general charged too much to begin with, I use be in a relationship with someone who worked for one, she would get paid not only a huge bonus for working on Friday, she would get a gas card for coming in. Not to mention her first year working there she got 4 weeks vacation. If insurance companies need to save money they could start with their operation cost.
    And the ACA tried to solve both of those problems.

It put a cap on the profit margin insurance companies are allowed and tried to "strong-arm" healthy people into getting insurance by fining them if they didn't.

Unfortunately two things happened.

One, a lot of healthy young people have same shit tier garbage human being attitude you have above:
    being young and healthy no way am I going to pay 100 dollars a month for health insurance, fuck that
    And two, its being repealed before it ever had a chance to even work. It may have been passed in 2010, but it didn't even start rolling out until years later and its being repealed before it can even reach a stride or be tested with time.

The penalty for not paying is definitely not high enough, a friend of mine who refuses to buy insurance because it's "too expensive," went on at least two vacations last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.