Thread: I like new MM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Three main issues from what I've found:
    1) True Aim makes our target switching completely non-existent. We really cannot do anything except tunnel boss and multishot whatever gets into range.
    2) We are a stationary turret that doesn't even do good damage. I literally tunneled on Xavius the entire time and ended up 5th in boss damage (behind an afflic, arms warrior, and 2 WW's). If I have zero damage to the corruption add and any of the other adds (because we can't touch them due to true aim), I should be at least competing for first, not 40 million damage behind the top class. This is more of a tuning issue than anything though.
    3) Exacerbating #1 is that Patient Sniper + True Aim means ramp-up, which is just awful when it comes to high priority adds or any sort of target switching.

Possible fixes:
    1) Patient Sniper ramps up quicker (like 3 seconds) and is at max damage for the last half of the duration. Still ramp-up, but at least you might be able to get one full damage shot off on a priority target.
    2) True Aim's debuff stays on the target, making it somewhat of a debuff management talent rather than a tunneling talent. for example, on Xavius, I can flip to an Inconceivable Horror, drop a bit of damage on it, and then go back to boss without too much issue.

My dream:
    1) Multishot behaves like sidewinders in that it'll hit everything in a cone (a lot narrower than SW is fine).

I don't know how tuning will work but these are what I'd like for mechanics changes.
    Last edited by Azlo; 2017-01-11 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Sure, SW looks bizzare, but it was the only thing making MM work near the end of alpha, when they didn't have time to toss out the whole retarded vuln idea and start over.
    I don't know if what exists now is perfect, but I'm just glad SW was ditched. Rather they tweak numbers on the current stuff than try to work with SW.

SO much hate for Sidewinders? do these hunters even play mythic+? Sidewinders was amazing. It didnt matter how spread out the mobs were, it didnt matter how slow the tank was at gathering up mobs, it hit everything, and then BOOM marked shot. Perfect, no clunky at all.

Now in AOE we have to use Explosive shot? and Piercing Shot? both these abilities are garbage, WAY WORSE then 7.1 sidewinders. Trickshot is ok for single target, but a HUGE downgrade in mythic+ compared to 7.1 sidewinders.

In raids I can see this new spec somewhat working, doing decent dmg on 1 target. I feel like im tunneling so much harder then before. Next week Nighthold comes out and I'll be expected to do mechanics and attack adds so I guess I better decide what to do.

I raid maybe 1-2 days a week, and the majority of my time is spent in mythic+. I feel forced to stick my MM bow (49 traits) in my bag and use my BM gun (35 traits). I'm trying really hard to not freak out and be patient and wait for buffs.

RIP 7.1 sidewinders/barrage

SW was clunky as shit with hit box that didn't come close to matching the graphic

Quote Originally Posted by Bags View Post
    SW was clunky as shit with hit box that didn't come close to matching the graphic
    as opposed to what we have now? Id rather have viable SW back... heck, I even tried explosive shot in m+ and THAT is clunky as fuck...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    as opposed to what we have now? Id rather have viable SW back... heck, I even tried explosive shot in m+ and THAT is clunky as fuck...
    I'd personally rather they fix the current implementation number wise than go back to SW, yeah.

Sorry for all the people who couldn't aim SW correctly.

RIP spread cleave niche with nothing in return.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Sorry for all the people who couldn't aim SW correctly.

RIP spread cleave niche with nothing in return.
    yeah playing a ranged class as a melee in dungeons like EOA was a good fantasy

u kinda do the same thx to explosive shot, so no change there

Quote Originally Posted by spacecadetb View Post
    First account, just wanted to post a different perspective.

Numbers are easy to tune. They did it with shadow priests fairly quickly.
    did they?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#region=1
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10

Again, sorry for all the people who couldn't aim SW correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Again, sorry for all the people who couldn't aim SW correctly.
    can i get you to say it a third time?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spacecadetb View Post

1. Single target is the same if not slightly higher. 2 million damage crits are fun. The rotation feels better without sidewinders and barrage.

2. AOE feels like it back to the good ole days. Multi shot spamming until a proc then unloading Marked -> Aimed x3 feels good. I also don't have to worry about pulling mobs that are a mile away with barrage and sidewinders.

3. Movement hurts, but it isn't terrible. Yes, you are going to lose a portion of DPS but the rotation can still be executed with movement opportunities.

4. Target switching is more consistent. Previously if you did not have a sidewinders proc or windburst up switching really hurt. The increased marking targets proc chance is nice QoL change.
    That is true. I don't care about DPS. You will be able to clear mythic without a problem. (If you are not trying to be the world first.)

I really hate the new patient sniper talent and marked shot design. You will nearly never use marked shot to get the debuff because early refreshing is a dps loss. They could give us simply an 7 second cooldown on it and it would be the same without procs. And most likely i would prefer that design. Hunter is fine. But the patient sniper design lets me thinking about deleting the character.

After playing my MM some more I am starting to miss the ease of use of side winders a bit (since multi shot seems really buggy with its range), but I don't miss it on a handful of dungeons like EOA still hah

wish it looked like glaive toss instead of whatever the hell it is now
    Last edited by Bags; 2017-01-13 at 07:47 PM.

Deleted
    wish it looked like glaive toss instead of whatever the hell it is now
    yeah, i think they kinda missed the boat on the design, something like a boomerang would have made alot more sense i would say given what our class is, and it would have been easy to animate it to look good aswell.