Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    no, you are wrong, and you always are. ty
    He can't be, it's his opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    He can't be, it's his opinion.
    Nope. You are wrong too. assuming something is true (that is his opinion) is equal to assuming is wrong.

And no, This is a forum, if your opinion is that this is a Bathroom. you are wrong anyways..

Nope. You are wrong too. assuming something is true (that is his opinion) is equal to assuming is wrong.

And no, This is a forum, if your opinion is that this is a Bathroom. you are wrong anyways..
    Did you even read what you just typed. You've got a long way to go kiddo.

My thought are like the OP only a bit more drastic maybe..
    1. Remove TF, WF can stay but lover chance to roll, so say max loot on mythic is 885 if u get a WF u would get a 895 (or like it was before +6 lvls 891).
    2. Remove all gears in mthic+, dungeon/pvp should never be considerd to be bis, they get a chest/week from the best run and in that chest u get an item from current raid ilvl is desided on what mythic+ lvl you are on.
    3. remove legendary drops, get the old hard questchain back so we can hate that togheter and then love our legend when we get that and laugh at slacker that didn have the energy to complete it..:P
    4. Proffessions should be in world not inside dungeons/raids, they can make quest longer and so but this running in mythic dungeons and shit really messes with alt proffessions overall.
    5. RNG well some rng we have to have ofc but right now everything is rng, pick a flower maybe u get recipe maybe u dont, that dude picked 3K flower adn that dude had to pick 15K to get it, that's not ok..

They also need to stop implement shit from other games like diablo in wow and try to merge these to games, starting to go to far.
    They way i see wow and the reason i always have returned to wow is the community guilds raiding.
    But with bis gear dropping from dungeons who needs a guild and with guilds dying what happends to community gaming, in a year or 2 everyone will look in random grp finder for players to do things with and the fun part (for me) will be dead.

I would also like some attunement brought back tbh i know some will hate this but i dont think people should enter mythic raids before they completed Heroics..

In the beginning i really loved this expanion and tbh i still like it lorewise and raids ar fun but everything else i hate if blizard keep this up i think they might just destroy wow since i havent found any people that like titanforged rng legend drops..

I would be OK if they just didn't exist.

It is nothing more than orange text. Orange text makes people irrational.

Had items this powerful just dropped normally as purples like everything else the whole thing would have been a non-issue.

Well it is true.

Imagine everyone's BiS legendaries were suddenly converted into regular old purple loot obtained through the same means as other purple loot.

Then it would just be business as usual.

My reply to the OP is as follows:

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    1. World Quests.
    Before WQ's we had dailies.
    Every day.
    Same daily.
    Same reward.
    And no, your suggestion would fail on this issue: It'd be the same one every time.

2. Legendary items and WF/TF
    You don't *need* to have the upgrade.
    The goal isn't to get the highest gear, the goal is to make content enjoyable and not punishing players that already have the loot from that place.
    What you say sounds as if you want to quit the game, but feel forced to get the highest gear and THEN quit the game.

3. Artifact Power.
    Worst suggestion I've heard in a while.
    Artifact Power is one of the best things Legion brought.
    It allows me to progress my character even after being level 110.
    It gives people more reason and enjoyment in continuing to play this game.
    Why should the experience be over once you are level 110?

4. Zones, flying, leveling etc.
    Why?

5. Mythic+.
    Get friends or make your own groups.

So a few points of my own:
    1. You want easy WQ's, you want guaranteed loot, you want easy artifact leveling, flying everwhere and no difficult terrain and you want free access to Mythics.
    2. Fix, save? It wouldn't. It would turn a good game into something you like and destroy the game in its process. No thanks.
    3. "This sucks" would be a good response, it's the perfect response to any thread where the OP thinks this game needs to be saved and that his ideas will surely fix it.
    Addiitonal point (4?):
    Just because a thing exists doesn't mean you must get/do the thing.

Don't like the 1K WQ achievement? Don't do it.
    Hate the TF/WF M+ gear RNG? Don't do M+.
    Don't like farming AP? Realize that you get it by doing literally anything in the game and don't farm it.

0/10 troll or fundamental fail at understanding the difference between fact and opinion. Your choice.

An opinion can't be wrong.

Stating an opinion as if it were fact, can be wrong.

The OP does a relatively decent job of saying that he's addressing issues that made him hate Legion. He doesn't say "everyone hates Legion". He doesn't say "the following is fact".

So no, it's not wrong and can't possibly be wrong. You are of course welcome to have a different opinion and disagree with him.

Sometimes less is more. I quit very early into legion because WOW has evolved into the type of game I'm not interested in being a part of. That is (imho) a bloated mess of mini games/grinds/RNG/repeatable content... basically a second life.

Personal opinion and all, but I was quite happy logging out if I'd run out of things to do. Vanilla -> Wrath was great, Cata I didn't mind so much, but was the start of a slippery slope. Then it's just been more and more bloat since MOP.

I might re-sub to level some more alts, just a month, but the WOW endgame (to me) is dead. It's not entirely Blizzards fault however, the community has a lot to answer for... but that's true of every online game.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    My reply to the OP is as follows:

Addiitonal point (4?):
    Just because a thing exists doesn't mean you must get/do the thing.

Don't like the 1K WQ achievement? Don't do it.
    Hate the TF/WF M+ gear RNG? Don't do M+.
    Don't like farming AP? Realize that you get it by doing literally anything in the game and don't farm it.

0/10 troll or fundamental fail at understanding the difference between fact and opinion. Your choice.

An opinion can't be wrong.

Stating an opinion as if it were fact, can be wrong.

The OP does a relatively decent job of saying that he's addressing issues that made him hate Legion. He doesn't say "everyone hates Legion". He doesn't say "the following is fact".

So no, it's not wrong and can't possibly be wrong. You are of course welcome to have a different opinion and disagree with him.
    Thread: Ideas: How to fix Legion/upcoming expansions.

And yes, IS MY OPINION, he is wrong BY MY OPINION.

and the OP clearly stand with assumption than somethigns are BAD, and STUPID. if he can say somethings is BAD. i can say something is WRONG.
    Decide if you will say that opinions could be wrong or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Maybe if you actually watch your screen instead of alt tabbing wouldn't be so hard to move around zones.

The only thing i share with you is the Daze, but i can understand why it's here.

And sorry, i can't believe someone actually quit game for no fly. Sorry i just can't.
    10damnitchars

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    I disagree with basically everything you say here.
    Me too. Just because OP doesn't like WQs there's no reason for blizzard to remove 90% of active world quests, anything past the 4/day for the emissary cache is extra. If you don't like them pretend there aren't WQs up any the other zones. Also why are you complaining about a 10k WQ achievement? If you don't like doing WQs then don't do the achievement. That's like the epitome of optional content. I think making rare mount drops be rewarded after a fixed number of kills would remove a lot of the excitement from actually receiving said mount. Most(all?) of the rare 1% drop mounts are on the BMAH if you get tired enough of trying to farm them. WF/TF is a frustrating method of getting upgrades when it's the only means of getting gear at that level. Running higher difficulty dungeons and raids will reward that level of gear always. Account wide AP could make it insanely grindy, because now you'll be running the same thing over and over on half a dozen alts to feed AP to your main. AK doesn't scale to infinity because then it'd be essentially impossible for alts, rerollers, or new players to ever catch up. ILVL limits in mythic+ dungeons would kill their participation statistics. You'd no longer, or atleast see a significant reduction in carry groups and you'd see less people trying higher level dungeons. Limiting gear kills the primary means of player power progression in the game that is entirely about progressively increasing power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dmerriam005 View Post
    solution: BRING BACK THE OLD DEVELOPERS
    They are too busy losing money with Wildstar.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    They are too busy losing money with Wildstar.
    You know, I really wanted to like that game...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I recently unsubscribed due to the lack of flying mounts, I just can't stand the terrain anymore. But there are a lot of other issues with Legion that make me hate it. I've talked a lot with guildies and friends and came up with some ideas.

I just though I post them here, to see what you think of them. Please keep the conversation civil even if you hate them.

1. World Quests. This was fun at the beginning, but when I saw there was an 10000 achievement I just gave up. I would much prefer them to feel more epic and not just repeatable. If anyone played the game Rift, there are these rifts that spawn (not much unlike WQs) in certain areas, however they last a much more shorter time. Instead of having 10000 different WQs to chose from with horrible rewards, like gold or a few resources, why not make less WQs and bigger rewards. Meaning maybe 1-2 WQs per zone per day or maybe even like 5 per week, more like the World Boss WQs. The objective will be much bigger than to just kill 12 mobs and it will take some time to finish. The rewards will be massive compared to todays WQs. Instead of 10 small, we have 1 big with a reward matching that of 10 regular WQs. It would feel like you were really needed there to help and finally finishing that WQ would feel amazing as the reward would be more like "Wow, look at this" than "meh, ok next quest". I hope you get what I mean. And ofc, get rid of that stupid 10k achievement!

2. Legendary items and WF/TF. One of the biggest issues is the RNG of this expansion. Inspired by Diablo, they now try to make the content last longer by having a big focus on RNG. I hate this, for so many reasons. For raid mounts, I always encouraged a "Kill this boss 50 or 100 times and you get this mount as a reward" instead of a 1% drop chance. That way, it's always 50-100 kills, meaning ALOT of effort but there is 0 luck factor. Today, farming a mount could take 1 try or 1000 tries, which is just so frustrating. Same goes for gear. A mate of mine got like 5-6 880 gear from mythic+ in ONE day. I ran 10 dungeons at +5 and never got one gear above 850, sure my friend ran much higher but still, he got so much WF/TF it was insane and I never got anything. Yesterday I finally got a 880 cloak after 11 runs. BUT I had a 885 cloak before... This is crazy demotivating. Same goes for legendaries. My idea is to get rid of WF/TF and have a more solid reward system, like "do this, get this" achievements or similar OR simply this: Have TOKENS drop instead of actual gear. You get a "880 token" that upgrade ANY gear to 880 that you have, so that you can chose and not get what you already have. Same for legendaries. You get a legendary token that you use at a legendary vendor to buy the piece you want. This whole point is very hard to explain in words, I simply want the RNG gone or less important.

3. Artifact Power. I hate AP farming and so does most people it seems. Sadly, I think this stay, as the system with Artifact weapons that you put talents in is actually quite nice, it's just the farm that is awful. So I simply want a system where AP to be accountwide as well as weapon wide. One you add AP to your account, you get it for all your characters weapons. If an alt don't have an artifact yet, it get stored in currency meanwhile. AND artifact knowledge should not stop at 25. Let that work like Paragon levels in Diablo 3. You get lets say 1000% more per upgrade and you get 1 upgrade every 5 days just like now. The more you play, the higher it gets. 25000% at level 25 is not as awesome as it sounds.

4. Zones, flying, leveling etc. I absolutely loved that you could pick a start zone in the Broken isles. But I hated the design of most of them. Only Azsuna is bareable, the others are so hard to navigate. In Valsharah, you have a billion pits with roots and hills etc. You get stuck everywhere. In Highmountain there are obviously mountains that forces you to take insane detours. And in Stormheim everything is on platues and if you get down to the water, getting back up takes forever. They should simply allow you to get flying once you have done Loremaster of the Broken isles. I see no reason to wait for 7.2. Same for upcoming expansions, give us flying once we have done the quests. And for the love of god, remove DAZE from the game, it serves no purpose except for pissing people off.

5. Mythic+. Some people love it, some hate it. I like the idea of it BUT it failed cause it's so extremly gear depending. I loved Challenge Modes in both WoD and MoP. It was intense and skill depending and your gear didn't matter that much. In Legion, I can't even find a group above +5 with 870, because gear make you breeze through them to get better gear. There are noobs who play more than me and who get slightly boosted to 880++ who clear more things, yet they can't interupt and they constantly stand in the fire. I like that Mythic+ has different + levels and that it's an alternative gear way but WHY does it not have an ilvl limit like CM. I want this: Fewer mythic+ levels and gear that scale to it. Like this model:

Mythic Level 1: About the difficulty of current mythic+5, rewards quite nice gear. Gear scale to lets say 850. You need 850 to enter, no limit it scale to 850.
    Mythic Level 2: About the difficulty of current mythic+10, rewards great gear. Gear scale to lets say 865. You need 865 to enter, but no limit, it scale to 865.
    Mythic Level 3: About the difficulty of current mythic+15, rewards really great gear. Gear scale to lets say 880. You need 880 to enter, no limit, it scales.

This way, you can keep certain +levels BUT your gear won't matter that much. This system will reward skill more than having good gear.

These are just some ideas that I think would really save the game. What do you think, please discuss. If you disagree, PLEASE say WHY, I can't stand people who just say "this sucks".
    So i like some of your ideas, but i also heavyli dislike other parts. I think that you are forgetting in alot of your argumentation, that this game needs to last a long time and that it has to work as an MMO, not a multiplayer/single player game.

1: The entire base idea of WQs is that they are an nearly endless source of content. I agree, that they might be a bit overwhelming, but it is a small price for having nearly always something to do. I agree, that the rewards are quite lacking and that it would be nice to see some awesome rewards through it, but if you remove the constant respawning, we are gonna go in the wrong direction, ie a direction, where you have less gameplay.

You also have to look at design. If you make the WQ take too long without any reward, people are gonna feel like they are doing something and getting nothing for it. It is the same, that happends with the 10000 WQ achievement. If you make the goal too big, it might seem like to much a hassel to do. When you take that concept down to a WQ level, you need to have content, which people can do within a short period of time. That is why the current WQ system works to some extent. You can do alot of WQ within a few minutes, which is quite a small amount of time, maybe too little, but it does make it possible for people to small parts of the emissary daily quest without being logged on for very long at a time. So if you want your idea to work, make sure that you don't take away the endless source of content, while still making it highly rewarding.

2: I agree that the current form of WF/TF is a broken, but in the current version of the game, WF/TF extends the lifetime of WoW by alot. If you remove it completly , people are gonna be "done" with WoW quite fast and you are gonna lose the gear-players quite early into the expansion. If you get the "kill 50-100 bosses" quest/token line, you are gonna create a clear line between your veteran players and new players. People who have killed 100 bosses are gonna be far ahead of players, who havent since you have created a bar, which you have to get over to get some gear. By having everything be a token, that you get a calculated amount of in raids and dungeons, gear is gonna be boring. There is only going to be BiS items and everything is completly unuseable, since nobody touch the not-perfect items.
    I agree with your idea about legendary tokens. I think that works perfectly fine, but i do believe that MMOs can't work without RNG in the gearing process. You are simply gonna have people quit the game alot quicker, since you can calculate how long it will take you for having BiS gear.

3: Personally i would love to see AP/AK be completly spread between characters, but you run into 2 problems then. Problem number 1: People are only gonna play on farm heavy characters, so tanks/hunters. If you can farm AP for your main character on your tank, which can't really die, you would do that. You would see alot of players leave their main characters to only raiding/mythic+ dungeons and only do farming on tanks. Welcome to the world of farming tanks.
    Problem number 2: You are creating a huge dewide between new and veteran players. If you start a lvl 100 with a friend, you are gonna be insanely more strong then that friend. This might create a situation, where you friend will feel like you are having an unfair advantage and he might not want to play, since you are for a very long time be alot stronger then him, even if you do the same content on these new characters. Bu having everything be acoount shared, you will see some accounts be insanely better then other accounts.

4: Agree that the zones needed flying from the start. Don't think the zones were harmed too much by it, because it forced you to know your way around, but i miss flying a bit atm. While i kind of the mechanic, maybe they should just make Suramar ground only and let the other zones be flying for alts and WQs. Maybe making WQs in Suramar more rewarding, since ground is forced.

5: We can both agree, that Mythic+ has failed a bit with its design, but i don't think that going back to scaled gear is gonna mythic+ more enjoyable. The reason why alot of people in both MoP and WoD did not do challenge modes was because you pretty much lost your gear. You had gotten used to your numbers and you knew how much dmg you could do. Having things scale down makes new gear obsolete, so you don't really get rewarded for doing higher lvl content. This is primarily why CM was a niece thing in both MoP and WoD. In Legion, Mythic+ is now mainstream. Its part of the gearing process, so you have to have people like it. Putting in "nerfs" is the right way to make people DISLIKE the content.

As said before, i agree that Mythic+ needs fixing, but going back is not gonna help. What would help, is making it more rewarding for going higher and for doing lower lvls of mythic+ with the right people. When it comes to people asking for 880+ people for mythic +2, then it has more to do about how gear works in Legion and not how mythic+works.

Alot of your ideas have some good merit, but you need to design the ideas about not only making the game better, but also something you would play for longer then 2 months. By giving more gear and more rewards in shorter time you are proberly gonna get a better game for the player, but the time of enjoyment is gonna tank completly and Blizzard will lose alot of money aswell.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Enable flying
    Ignore feedback from cyclical customers
    Revert all class changes back to SOO patch
    ding ding ding, we have a winner. 100% agree
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    I recently unsubscribed due to the lack of flying mounts, I just can't stand the terrain anymore.
    Not really a problem, if you ask me. Actually my complain would be: too many fly masters and that whistle. I don't really travel, I just whistle and fly to nearest point and they I travel may be a minute. Each zone should have exactly one fly master and whistle should not exist. Traveling is awesome, everyone must travel.

1. World Quests. This was fun at the beginning, but when I saw there was an 10000 achievement I just gave up. I would much prefer them to feel more epic and not just repeatable. If anyone played the game Rift, there are these rifts that spawn (not much unlike WQs) in certain areas, however they last a much more shorter time. Instead of having 10000 different WQs to chose from with horrible rewards, like gold or a few resources, why not make less WQs and bigger rewards. Meaning maybe 1-2 WQs per zone per day or maybe even like 5 per week, more like the World Boss WQs. The objective will be much bigger than to just kill 12 mobs and it will take some time to finish. The rewards will be massive compared to todays WQs. Instead of 10 small, we have 1 big with a reward matching that of 10 regular WQs. It would feel like you were really needed there to help and finally finishing that WQ would feel amazing as the reward would be more like "Wow, look at this" than "meh, ok next quest". I hope you get what I mean. And ofc, get rid of that stupid 10k achievement!
    Only if those quests won't have any meaningful rewards. Right now I'm forced to do 10 quests every few days and I hate it. I hate dailies with passion. Granted, this expansion there's awesome addon which automatically finds group for me, so pain is not that big. But anyway dailies are bad in any incarnation, so my only wish is to remove any rewards which might improve character, so I won't be forced to complete them.

My favourite game feature is pet battles. There are no legendary rewards from them, so I can completely skip them and only do them when I feel like I want to do them. I wish, dailies would be the same, so only people who love repetitive questing would do them for gold or some 785 ilvl greens.

2. Legendary items and WF/TF. One of the biggest issues is the RNG of this expansion. Inspired by Diablo, they now try to make the content last longer by having a big focus on RNG. I hate this, for so many reasons. For raid mounts, I always encouraged a "Kill this boss 50 or 100 times and you get this mount as a reward" instead of a 1% drop chance. That way, it's always 50-100 kills, meaning ALOT of effort but there is 0 luck factor. Today, farming a mount could take 1 try or 1000 tries, which is just so frustrating. Same goes for gear. A mate of mine got like 5-6 880 gear from mythic+ in ONE day. I ran 10 dungeons at +5 and never got one gear above 850, sure my friend ran much higher but still, he got so much WF/TF it was insane and I never got anything. Yesterday I finally got a 880 cloak after 11 runs. BUT I had a 885 cloak before... This is crazy demotivating. Same goes for legendaries. My idea is to get rid of WF/TF and have a more solid reward system, like "do this, get this" achievements or similar OR simply this: Have TOKENS drop instead of actual gear. You get a "880 token" that upgrade ANY gear to 880 that you have, so that you can chose and not get what you already have. Same for legendaries. You get a legendary token that you use at a legendary vendor to buy the piece you want. This whole point is very hard to explain in words, I simply want the RNG gone or less important.
    Yep, legendaries are huge fail. Best legendary model was in wotlk/cata. Same about WF/TF. They force me to do content I don't like, just because rewards are too huge to miss. Legendaries should be removed from game and that is.

3. Artifact Power. I hate AP farming and so does most people it seems. Sadly, I think this stay, as the system with Artifact weapons that you put talents in is actually quite nice, it's just the farm that is awful. So I simply want a system where AP to be accountwide as well as weapon wide. One you add AP to your account, you get it for all your characters weapons. If an alt don't have an artifact yet, it get stored in currency meanwhile. AND artifact knowledge should not stop at 25. Let that work like Paragon levels in Diablo 3. You get lets say 1000% more per upgrade and you get 1 upgrade every 5 days just like now. The more you play, the higher it gets. 25000% at level 25 is not as awesome as it sounds.
    AP is good progression, but it should be capped. You should be able to reach 1 level/week and it should be shared between specs. For late comers/alts there should be means for catch up mechanics, of course. But I should be able to enjoy the game, not farm AP every day, just because I can. Good idea, horrible implementation.

4. Zones, flying, leveling etc. I absolutely loved that you could pick a start zone in the Broken isles. But I hated the design of most of them. Only Azsuna is bareable, the others are so hard to navigate. In Valsharah, you have a billion pits with roots and hills etc. You get stuck everywhere. In Highmountain there are obviously mountains that forces you to take insane detours. And in Stormheim everything is on platues and if you get down to the water, getting back up takes forever. They should simply allow you to get flying once you have done Loremaster of the Broken isles. I see no reason to wait for 7.2. Same for upcoming expansions, give us flying once we have done the quests. And for the love of god, remove DAZE from the game, it serves no purpose except for pissing people off.
    Can't really support you here, sorry. I like those things, that's what fun sounds like. Zones are awesome. Best. And flying should be removed from game. It ruins the entire experience. It's a legalized maphack.

5. Mythic+. Some people love it, some hate it. I like the idea of it BUT it failed cause it's so extremly gear depending. I loved Challenge Modes in both WoD and MoP. It was intense and skill depending and your gear didn't matter that much. In Legion, I can't even find a group above +5 with 870, because gear make you breeze through them to get better gear. There are noobs who play more than me and who get slightly boosted to 880++ who clear more things, yet they can't interupt and they constantly stand in the fire. I like that Mythic+ has different + levels and that it's an alternative gear way but WHY does it not have an ilvl limit like CM. I want this: Fewer mythic+ levels and gear that scale to it. Like this model:
    Mythic+ are bad, because they can be farmed without lockouts. Every mythic should have week loot lockout and that's all. Also timers should be removed, they are not healthy. Keep it simple: if you managed to kill last boss, you're receiving key for next difficulty level. Also difficulty levels should have more meaning, now there's almost no difference between mythic+2 and mythic+3. Less difficulty levels, more interesting mechanics, higher difficulty increase. Also gear should be lower level and no WF nonsense.

Best gear should drop in raids, that is. Dungeons are for people who can't raid, so they don't deserve epic gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    Only thing I agree with is that WT/TF should be removed such a stupid fucking design. The rest is not so much.
    WF/TF is almost required as a retention mechanic because it gives people a reason to play sadly.

Really crappy mechanic, but Blizzard made the rest of the game so trivial/welfare they need all the retention they can get. Your average player who doesn't care about Mythic can get ez mode gear, but as long as WF/TF exists he has a reason to keep pulling the lever.

Mythic+ should have been way more about going up the ranks, getting better gear for it increasing in difficulty linearly. Instead of farming the same crap ones for WF/TF and praying. Next expansion they'l give BIS tier sets and trinkets from world quests at a low % ROFL.
    Last edited by Daffan; 2017-01-13 at 01:41 PM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    Me too. Just because OP doesn't like WQs there's no reason for blizzard to remove 90% of active world quests, anything past the 4/day for the emissary cache is extra. If you don't like them pretend there aren't WQs up any the other zones. Also why are you complaining about a 10k WQ achievement? If you don't like doing WQs then don't do the achievement. That's like the epitome of optional content. I think making rare mount drops be rewarded after a fixed number of kills would remove a lot of the excitement from actually receiving said mount. Most(all?) of the rare 1% drop mounts are on the BMAH if you get tired enough of trying to farm them. WF/TF is a frustrating method of getting upgrades when it's the only means of getting gear at that level. Running higher difficulty dungeons and raids will reward that level of gear always. Account wide AP could make it insanely grindy, because now you'll be running the same thing over and over on half a dozen alts to feed AP to your main. AK doesn't scale to infinity because then it'd be essentially impossible for alts, rerollers, or new players to ever catch up. ILVL limits in mythic+ dungeons would kill their participation statistics. You'd no longer, or atleast see a significant reduction in carry groups and you'd see less people trying higher level dungeons. Limiting gear kills the primary means of player power progression in the game that is entirely about progressively increasing power.
    As an achievement farmer, I want to do 100% of the achievements, and over the previous expansions I've been at 95-98% completed (everything except the high rating pvp ones, hate the idea of rating itself), so this achievement came as a big disappointment Having to "skip" insane achievements like this kinda breaks the game more than it should for me.

Deleted
    I like how you have 0 data to back up any of ur claims, mythic + is one of the best things to happen in this game, it certainly is 1000x more popular than challenge modes by just looking at wowprogress alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Mythic+ should have been way more about going up the ranks, getting better gear for it increasing in difficulty linearly. Instead of farming the same crap ones for WF/TF and praying. Next expansion they'l give BIS tier sets and trinkets from world quests at a low % ROFL.
    This exactly.

Mythic+ became all about 3 chest runs on low difficulty because three chances at TF loot beats one even if the one has a higher base ilvl. Because the base ilvl of gear barely matters.

At the absolute least TF needed a ceiling on how high it could proc based on the base ilvl.

Or, y'know, just go back to the fixed ilvl gear that worked for most of the game's life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    This exactly.

Mythic+ became all about 3 chest runs on low difficulty because three chances at TF loot beats one even if the one has a higher base ilvl. Because the base ilvl of gear barely matters.

At the absolute least TF needed a ceiling on how high it could proc based on the base ilvl.

Or, y'know, just go back to the fixed ilvl gear that worked for most of the game's life.
    Yup. It's all just rubbish in the long run. There's no cap because they need people to keep pulling the lever as long as possible, due to how they've culled the content relevancy everywhere else in the name of accessibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    I like how you have 0 data to back up any of ur claims, mythic + is one of the best things to happen in this game, it certainly is 1000x more popular than challenge modes by just looking at wowprogress alone.
    I agree that Mythic+ is popular

But looking at participation rates does not make it 100% clear.

If killing rabbits in Elwynn forest dropped ilvl 895 gear, everyone would do it. Is it the best thing to happen to the game because 100% of the playerbase is doing it? Same with LFR, "oh boy so many people doing it, it must be the best thing sliced bread" when In reality it's boring for basically everyone but it rewards things so people do it more then they would care too otherwise.
    Last edited by Daffan; 2017-01-13 at 09:11 PM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.