Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Lightbulb 7.1.5 Breath of Sindragosa Guide

Hey, I posted an updated guide, because I've been getting many questions and I thought it would be easier to answer everyone at once. I go over some repeat information from my first guide, but there are quite a few updates that you should definitely check out. In this new video I go over talents,legendaries, stats, talents, rotation, and pretty much everything else you need to know before even going into a raid.
    NEW VIDEO:

OUTDATED VIDEO:
    Last edited by Hyper27; 2017-02-10 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Updated my guide

Awesome video. I was curious, was that Weak Auras I saw? What was the order, because I saw a lot of RW happening.

Yes, I have a WeakAura that shows how long my BoS was up for and how much dmg it did. You can find it here: http://pastebin.com/qYJ3AQWy
    My opener is: Potion>HB>Pillar>RW>2x Obli>BoS>Horn of Winter then just try to space out Obli and use rime procs when I can as soon as I run out of runes just pop Hungering RW. However if you are trying to maximize your dps you also have to micro manade your RW, and try to keep almost 100% uptime with those 10 GS stacks. Sorry about the GCD addon, for some reason it thinks that every RW tick is me pressing it

Oh, that's what it is. Okay, that's cool.

Yeah, I have the ring, so when I go home tonight, I'll see how far I can stretch it. What is your haste/crit at right now?

I think you mentioned it in the video, but I'm getting ready to leave work.

20% haste, and almost 30% crit once my trinket stacks up to 10

All right, how about mastery/vers?

5.5k mastery and 600 vers. I had to drop about 1k vers to get back to 20% haste when I got the ring

So I take it the intention here to is to stack crit then? I played around with my gear a bit and was able to make a BoS spec gearset that is able to reach ~38% crit, 20% haste and 23% mastery. Being SHADOWfrost damage, does BoS even benefit from mastery at all?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%ADnk/simple
    Last edited by Xlink; 2017-01-13 at 08:32 PM.

Yeah, as far as I've seen so far ideal crit is around 10-12k. BoS does get buffed by mastery, but It doesn't seem to scale as well as crit, at least at the stats I'm at. I'm sure there is some "soft cap" for crit where you start getting diminishing returns and other stats become better, but I havn't reached that point yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlink View Post
    So I take it the intention here to is to stack crit then? I played around with my gear a bit and was able to make a BoS spec gearset that is able to reach ~38% crit, 20% haste and 23% mastery. Being SHADOWfrost damage, does BoS even benefit from mastery at all?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%ADnk/simple
    Key part there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean1 View Post
    Key part there.
    Glad that it scales with mastery, but why call it shadowfrost damage instead of just frost damage then? Am I missing something stupidly obvious here?

Quote Originally Posted by Xlink View Post
    Glad that it scales with mastery, but why call it shadowfrost damage instead of just frost damage then? Am I missing something stupidly obvious here?
    Because in wod this talent used as frost and unholy and unholyy mastery is shadow dmg

Quote Originally Posted by aeonss View Post

Because in wod this talent used as frost and unholy and unholyy mastery is shadow dmg
    That makes sense. Thank you.

Nice guide, definitely well done. What uptime would you be looking for without the legendary ring or belt? (For someone with Frost as an offspec and 4 Blood Legendaries).

With mostly my tanking gear and some pieces I think are better for frost I have 22% Crit, 21% Haste 33% Mastery, 885 iLvL using 875 Chrono Shard and 865 Momento.

Im getting about 45-49 seconds uptime. I would like to know if this is a decent uptime or if I need to practice more.

Quote Originally Posted by Spryte View Post
    Nice guide, definitely well done. What uptime would you be looking for without the legendary ring or belt? (For someone with Frost as an offspec and 4 Blood Legendaries).

With mostly my tanking gear and some pieces I think are better for frost I have 22% Crit, 21% Haste 33% Mastery, 885 iLvL using 875 Chrono Shard and 865 Momento.

Im getting about 45-49 seconds uptime. I would like to know if this is a decent uptime or if I need to practice more.
    That seems like a reasonable uptime. Having the ring extends the duration by about 20 seconds. I hav't done too much testing without the ring, but if I had to make an estimation, 40-55 seconds depending on how well you micro your RP/Runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper27 View Post
    Yes, I have a WeakAura that shows how long my BoS was up for and how much dmg it did. You can find it here: http://pastebin.com/qYJ3AQWy
    My opener is: Potion>HB>Pillar>RW>2x Obli>BoS>Horn of Winter then just try to space out Obli and use rime procs when I can as soon as I run out of runes just pop Hungering RW. However if you are trying to maximize your dps you also have to micro manade your RW, and try to keep almost 100% uptime with those 10 GS stacks. Sorry about the GCD addon, for some reason it thinks that every RW tick is me pressing it
    Thx for sharing weakaura I add my Wa set

if anyone want to see https://wago.io/NyKyPWbZf

Curious, would you pair your 2nd BoS for when the next Empower Rune Weapon is up (means waiting 1 min or so)? Also I imagine you pool resources before popping BoS again?
    Last edited by adamthemute; 2017-01-14 at 10:14 AM.

Depends on fight length a lot. Example: on a 4 min fight you get to BoS 2 times, giving you a 1 minute window to use your 2nd BoS. So in that scenario you can delay it until your next charge is up, because you only get to use 2 either way. But if the fight is long enought to fit in 3 breaths then you can pop the 2nd one as soon as its up and have your 3rd one as the second strong one, which you can use 2nd potion for. And yes, I always pool my resources. Meaning I have 90+ rp, 3 ready runes, and 3 halfway charging, as well as Horn of Winter available.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so fucking happy we dodged the nerf bullet for BoS, i love this playstyle as frost.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Even with mistakes made..