Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Bye bye enhancement, and not cus we are weak ...

Most of you cry about enhancement beeing weak, i really dont care about that.
    The thing about enhancement is that it is FUN ! like, i never had so much fun with a character in wow since vanila.
    Now, i don't really care if they buff us again, the rotation/prio list atm is shit, it's a fucking mess !

After investing shitload of time in my shaman it's time to say goodbye.
    hey fury warrior, im coming =)

bye send me all your gold plz have fun with your new FotM I'll make sure to keep an eye out for your inevitable "Bye bye fury" thread in a couple months.

...the priority/rotation hasn't even changed much, unless you're swapping all the talents around, which even then..isn't that hard to follow. But hey, have fun on that brain dead class/spec.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    bye send me all your gold plz have fun with your new FotM I'll make sure to keep an eye out for your inevitable "Bye bye fury" thread in a couple months.
    What does your comment have anything to do with what i wrote ?
    I wrote they killed enhancement play style, fury warrior was amazing to play since i remember wow, if they will make changes to fury which will make his gameplay dull and boring like enhancement is today then ofc i will say bye bye fury.
    I am playing this game to have fun and not to see big numbers.

cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    ...the priority/rotation hasn't even changed much, unless you're swapping all the talents around, which even then..isn't that hard to follow. But hey, have fun on that brain dead class/spec.
    Who said anything about hard ? it's BORING, and speaking about brain dead class, that's exactly enhancement atm.

sigh ...

Quote Originally Posted by hoochymamma View Post
    Most of you cry about enhancement beeing weak, i really dont care about that.
    The thing about enhancement is that it is FUN ! like, i never had so much fun with a character in wow since vanila.
    Now, i don't really care if they buff us again, the rotation/prio list atm is shit, it's a fucking mess !

After investing shitload of time in my shaman it's time to say goodbye.
    hey fury warrior, im coming =)
    Swap Overcharge back to Tempest. It's a very minor dps difference (and OC is only better single target anyway) and your rotation is basically back to being the same old.

I don't get all this whining. If you don't like it change back to Tempest.

T15 everything is pretty equal according to WordUp and sims, so basically pick which you want. With rockbiter buffed to give 20 MS it really doesn't differ much from old boulderfist anyway.

AS over HS is really not a big deal, HS was not engaging play

FoA over CS really isn't huge either. You could say something about the animation, but CS wasn't huge either.
    The only point you could make here is that CS made CL worth using on single target which makes you end up with more Stormbringer procs.

There are only 3 major concerns I have with Enhance in general: FOA is clumsy to use and currently has a visual bug, lightning bolt always has and always will feel extremely strange in a melee oriented spec, and hailstorm/frostbrand seems designed as a baseline ability rather than an option given 1. the nature of the spec as "enhancing" your melee and 2. the fact that there are multiple legendaries that synergize with it.

Simply put, having to use FoA on single target seems dumb, dumber than using CL single target to try and proc SB. This was going to be fixed anyway with the introduction of the 4pc set and the Lava Lash buff.

Frostbrand/Hailstorm should be a baseline part of your rotation with the option to talent more damage, duration, and a slow effect onto it.

Weaving a lightning bolt into your melee rotation felt awful in WoD and it feels even dumber now. I agree that the fantasy of Enhancement has come a long way in Legion and has really delivered on this melee elementalist identity. LB in my opinion runs counter to that. They already made melee lightning feel good with CL.

I have less of a problem with Rockbiter, but I do agree that Boulderfist should be baseline and that you should be able to talent it to give the crit and damage bonus it used to give.
    Last edited by Pundit; 2017-01-13 at 07:59 PM.

What does your comment have anything to do with what i wrote ?
    I wrote they killed enhancement play style, fury warrior was amazing to play since i remember wow, if they will make changes to fury which will make his gameplay dull and boring like enhancement is today then ofc i will say bye bye fury.
    I am playing this game to have fun and not to see big numbers.

cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Who said anything about hard ? it's BORING, and speaking about brain dead class, that's exactly enhancement atm.

sigh ...
    It's more entertaining than Fury :P
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

I've just dropped my shaman and started leveling my rogue. I don't like having to spam Rockbiter, weaving LB just feels like an unnecessary button, and the nerf to the Appendages trinket's proc rate is just salt on the wound. And if I wanted to play a joke of a ranged spec I'd go back to Arcane mage, at least it felt interesting to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Elemental says hi
    Elemental look like alot of fun btw, but i am melee since i remember myself, i can see that happening

I've switched to Elemental myself. The new rotation feels pretty cluttered and the combination of more lava lashes and spontaneous appendages now sucking means that we spend a lot of time doing nothing of value, just alternating between rockbiter and lava lash because stormbringer won't proc. I may give it another look when I have the 4 piece because that should help a lot but for now I'm committed to meatball.

I just despise FoA, mechanically and visually. They took Serpent Sting out of the game for awhile because you pressed it once at the beginning of the fight and forgot about it for years. Why the fuck did they just add it back in as an aura? And god dammit that animation is obnoxious. Everything else with the spec is fine. I wish I could have the bugged missing animation 100% of the time. Maybe a new glyph? Glyph of the Removable Eye Cancer.

since the beginning of this expansion ive been having so much fun i was naming it their best expansion ever. but with these 7.1.5 class changes, especially enhance shaman, its so ruined... no fun at all.

I don't understand the argument I keep seeing where people think LB doesn't belong in a "melee" spec when enhancement shaman has nearly always been the representative hybrid of caster and hardcore elemental warrior. I personally thought WoD enhancement shaman was great, my favorite ever (especially in HFC), having played one since WotLK (not including MoP). I enjoyed SS being on a medium-length, 2 charge cd. It was just the right amount to feel like a consistent heavy-hitter and was fun to squeeze whatever else in around it, managing one main dot and LL, with some cool rng management coming from semi-predictable maelstrom stacks for LB, which felt even cooler after we got the 4-pc set bonus and archimonde trinket. There, it felt really cool to manage those well that every once in a while you'd get to throw a few in a row at the boss (they hit pretty hard).

Up to now in Legion, our dps has basically been built around rng and there's doesn't seem to be much of a way to predict when it will happen, so I regularly find myself casting SS several times in a row, capping maelstrom and having to refresh landslide/BF buffs despite resource capping, or interrupting proc casts to refresh frostbrand and flametongue, which regularly tend to come off at the same time. Literally HALF of our damage is rng and you can tell if you raid with other enh shaman or look at logs, that the top are usually just people who had a shitload of procs and "got" to press SS the most. We're like the new WoD marksman hunters. I just want some control and consistency back in the spec, and to have some RNG management flavor on top, not being the whole basis of the spec.

I've thought about going sub rogue as I have one decently geared, but shadowy-stabby-stabby really isn't my thing. Elemental Beast fo lyfe, yo.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    We did first five bosses in EN today. Man it sucked. FoA feels kinda okay, now you have to manage MS for a change, but CL was way more engaging and visually impactful. HH seems kinda bad, I find myself waisting procs a lot when stormbringer finally happens. And it feels like it happens twice as rare. Maybe I am bad, maybe it's the RNG nature of two different procs. And FUCK that LB talent. Guess I am going WS and Tempest tomorrow. Maybe I will do more than fucking 350k with 887 gear that way. I hope this is just me getting used to new rotation. Cos if I am THAT bad at the new one, sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    Swap Overcharge back to Tempest. It's a very minor dps difference (and OC is only better single target anyway) and your rotation is basically back to being the same old.

I don't get all this whining. If you don't like it change back to Tempest.

T15 everything is pretty equal according to WordUp and sims, so basically pick which you want. With rockbiter buffed to give 20 MS it really doesn't differ much from old boulderfist anyway.

AS over HS is really not a big deal, HS was not engaging play

FoA over CS really isn't huge either. You could say something about the animation, but CS wasn't huge either.
    The only point you could make here is that CS made CL worth using on single target which makes you end up with more Stormbringer procs.
    Do you have any sims/logs/anything to back up any of these claims? OC sims 25k dps higher for me which is 5%. For T15 I have WS beating HH by about 5k, not enough to matter but then BF is behind by about 50k. These things basically handcuff us into certain talent builds.

Its not a damage issue its a playstyle issue. I did decently on our mythic helya kill with the new talent build but it was not the playstyle I liked.

Deleted
    a lot of hate has built up i see. maybe a touch of healing will cleanse such heartache.

I miss 2-handers.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    a lot of hate has built up i see. maybe a touch of healing will cleanse such heartache.
    I am taking a look at elemental. I think once I get the 54th trait next weekend I'm putting everything into elemental. We have a ton of melee anyways.

sigh ...
    Most specs are brain dead in Legion...