Page 14 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    This shit absolutely DID happen before a lot of people actually COULD get insurance.
    Which is another huge part of the problem that people just don't understand.

People having easy access to healthcare means that they'll get minor things checked on. Minor things that, if addressed quickly, remain minor and incur minor costs.

People who do not have easy access to healthcare, or for whom seeing a doctor will incur debt they can't afford, will avoid going to have minor things checked on. Those minor things eventually become major things. Major things cost much more to treat, so people are left having to incur the debt they can't pay back, which ruins them and their families financially, likely gets passed on by medical providers who bill more to others to cover those bad debts, or people just let themselves die to protect their family.

It's the same problem with have with our infrastructure. Our politicians have ignored it, or have only put in enough money to band-aid it, and now it's gotten to the point where it's going to cost trillions to repair/replace or else we're going to start seeing major failures.

People are super myopic.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    First off this wasn't about cost it was saying they were going to die without it. second If you think you won't go into dept having insurance then you don't understand how insurance works. It isn't oh I pay this and everything is covered. You kids really don't understand how insurance works.

I have insurance, my wife has insurance, she went to the emergency room over a kidney, stone, still had to pay 1,000 dollars, how many of you burger slingers could afford that?
    Glad i pay my Canadian taxes lol. No insurance needed, kidney stone cost me 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Glad i pay my Canadian taxes lol. No insurance needed, kidney stone cost me 0.
    When I broke my arm I had to pay $10 for a good sling.

And how did they manage before Obamacare?
    They didn't, that was the whole fucking point of the ACA, and the incidental things like a broken leg was handled by the ER and the cost of the tax payer, since the ER was required to treat them but the patient would never pay the cost after the fact

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    When I broke my arm I had to pay $10 for a good sling.
    Out patient care is an awesome thing. I'm resistant to breathing treatments (inhalers etc) so I had to go on a pill cocktail to rid me of the brochitis/respitory infection/whatever the fuck it is no one can truly identify. In perspective I was coughing blood two days ago. I hate being sleepy 24/7 right now but my whole treatment was $140ish. If I didn't have insurance I would have just tried to work it off. I would be dead.

As is I work around concrete dust and mold among other things like deep cleaning products. One of those things made me sick. I may have to work with a face mask soon... and with my company just announced Layoffs today... I'm looking to be one of the first victims of the Trump Administration. Am I legitimately worried right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenius View Post
    First off it is not my employers responsibility to cover my insurance cost. Which by the way they do cover some 75%. Again this clearly shows how under educated you in are in what employer cost are. As for property tax dollars, no you should not have to pay for education if you have no children. Plain and simple really. I do not understand how this concept is foreign to you but ok what ever. And actually people who rent did use to get a deduction, but guess what the leftist in this country removed it. Oh you also could in times past deduct your credit card interest. But hey again how would you know this with out educating yourself. Again removed by the leftist in this country. Do you care to go on about what you need for free.
    First off it is not my employers responsibility to cover my insurance cost. Which by the way they do cover some 75%. Again this clearly shows how under educated you in are in what employer cost are. As for property tax dollars, no you should not have to pay for education if you have no children. Plain and simple really. I do not understand how this concept is foreign to you but ok what ever. And actually people who rent did use to get a deduction, but guess what the leftist in this country removed it. Oh you also could in times past deduct your credit card interest. But hey again how would you know this with out educating yourself. Again removed by the leftist in this country. Do you care to go on about what you need for free.

lol uneducated, btw i have worked in health insurance for 30 years. i know all about it. I know how the cost shift plan has worked out in the last 6-10 years.

If they cover 75% of your cost then something in your story does not make sense, 750 a month you say?

So they pay 2200 a month and you pay 750 for a total of 2950 a month, 35,400 for insurance a year. I call bullshit. Feel free to post your w2 screen shot, you can just post a pic of box 12 for us.

It is your employers responsibility when its included in your compensation for working. any additional cost shit, is a pay cut. Most workers in this country have taken this large cost shift in the last 8 years laying down.

Again if your premiums went up that much in a private plan, then your company screwed you over and you basically took a 20% pay cut.

Had 70% to do with your company
    20% to do with increased cost in healthcare (drugs, doctors, aging population in your plan)
    10% to do with increased forced coverage, regulations and changes in ACA.

Oh and thank you for educating me on how the "Leftist" in this country took away credit card interest deduction....even though it was passed under Reagan Tax Reform Act of 1986. With a Republican Senate and a Republican President. Passed the Senate on June 24, 1986 (97-3) Hmm that's a lot of "non leftist"

#facts

Educating yourself.

A coworker of mine had to quit because the anti-seizure meds she needed after brain surgery had gotten jacked in price 10-20x to the point that she couldn't even afford the copay with the insurance available, and "working" prevented her from getting public assistance.

Now the Republicans are gonna rip that rug out from under her. Hope she doesn't need those drugs to stay alive anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is a terrible development.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    They didn't, that was the whole fucking point of the ACA, and the incidental things like a broken leg was handled by the ER and the cost of the tax payer, since the ER was required to treat them but the patient would never pay the cost after the fact
    Except it still happens, people go to the ER, can't pay their bill and never do it. Nothing changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    from my understanding there is at least a half a dozen plans and they will be debated back and forth till one or a combination of ones is agreed upon
    and if the republican plan fails it will be on republicans not democrats
    what republicans should do if they want to play politics is let Obama inevitably fail before they do anything so democrats will feel the heat and then they swoop in and save the day
    so republicans aren't just doing the country a service by replacing Obama care before it falls apart they are doing democrats a favor
    typical mental gymnastics Vyxn you never disappoint

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Except it still happens, people go to the ER, can't pay their bill and never do it. Nothing changed.
    just the frequency of it by a large margin, less people dying, and far more people seeking preventive care which tends to be leaps and bounds cheaper for everyone, but your right "nothing changed"

10+ Year Old Account
    why are you so rabidly defending your employer? he's not your friend. his motive is to make money not to be your personal friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    typical mental gymnastics Vyxn you never disappoint

- - - Updated - - -

just the frequency of it by a large margin, less people dying, and far more people seeking preventive care which tends to be leaps and bounds cheaper for everyone, but your right "nothing changed"
    i'm almost certain at this point that vyxn is a constitutionalist.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Go to hospital, not pay cause cant pay, declare bankruptcy and then raise prices for those who can pay.
    Pretty much this or they very well fucking died. Seriously how are people this dense? (Crissi this is aimed at Zenkai not you)

10+ Year Old Account

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    probably because they are the ones who run the insurance companies making money off of the healthcare system.

Pay your damn bill its not my responsibility to pay it for you. I am tired of this what about me. Is the system broken yes it is. Is right that you get screwed no. But its not right to screw me over in the process just for you. Since the ACA went into effect my insurance bill for my family premiums have gone from $150 a month to over $750 and month. At the same time my deductible has gone from $1000 to $4000. So no I am sorry my family comes first you do not.
    Hey look someone lying about their premiums, I'm calling bullshit on your claim. No way you where paying $150/mo for insurance for your family with a $1000 deductible. Bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/katiesol.../#29c6b26aa5d0
    @breadisfunny what do you think?

People are gonna lose their lives over this. It really boggles the mind that these politicians were voted in.
    man you people should do some research. It cannot be fully repealed without alot of democrats supporting its repeal. Only parts of it can. Its not an entirely bad system, just parts of it are shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually my point is you cannot take from someone to give from some one else. Which is what the ACA has done. No one here is focusing on what the problem really is. All anyone wants these day is free shit because they believe they are entitled to it.

For example I pose the following question What is the corporate difference between a mom & pop shop (i.e. Mom's Bakery) vs Boeing?

The answer is nothing under tax law absolutely nothing. My pissy attitude is directly pointed to those who say because I make x should be penalized. I do not own a company nor do i wish to. However, I am constantly attacked by those who are less fortunate or to lazy to do something because of my success. If you heard my story you probably be shocked, but its irrelevant. If you truly want to affect change then go after the banking laws and tax laws in this country protecting a well defined few at the 1% and quit attacking Middle Class Americans. What is a middle class Americans. Poverty level here in the US starts and 53k and below.

53K is the poverty line? Where did you get that piece of information?

How is persons living in the wealthiest country in the world who expect a decent level of healthcare equivalent to wanting free stuff? It's a given that this is what the government should provide in the other G8 countries. Why not in the country with the highest GDP.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    It is your employers responsibility when its included in your compensation for working. any additional cost shit, is a pay cut. Most workers in this country have taken this large cost shift in the last 8 years laying down.

Again if your premiums went up that much in a private plan, then your company screwed you over and you basically took a 20% pay cut.
    I really wish people understood this more, too. Health benefits were originally - and have since - been part of the added compensation that people get. You aren't making $100k a year? It's because your employer is also providing you with health, dental, vision, and life insurance. Those things became baked into employer compensation packages. Read any job listing, and you're very likely to see "competitive benefits" or something similar as an added feature to working there.

What's more, you USED to be able to get yourself covered under these programs for free, too. Your employer covered the whole cost for the employee, and only charged more if you added a spouse or dependents.

But now, employees pay for a lot more than they used to, they've had their coverage cut, but our wages haven't gone up to cover it. It's amounting to pay cuts across the board.

Had 70% to do with your company
    20% to do with increased cost in healthcare (drugs, doctors, aging population in your plan)
    10% to do with increased forced coverage, regulations and changes in ACA.
    Also this. Which ties into an earlier post in this thread where someone dropped an anecdote that their company insurance rep blamed the ACA for the increased cost to the company. Because of course he did. It's in private insurance's interest to get as many people against the ACA as possible, and what's the fastest and easiest way than to train your reps to deflect rising costs to the ACA?
    Last edited by Krigaren; 2017-01-13 at 10:31 PM.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

And how did they manage before Obamacare?
    Are you genuinely asking because you don't know? Or are you sarcastically asking because you don't understand?

Deleted
    I feel sorry for America.