Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation Does blizzard HATE DHs?

So i decided to dust off my DH on Tuesday. Havent played him since September. I was actually starting to have fun with him in pvp and today I find out about these terrible nerfs to us in PVP. Does blizz hate us??

You're right.

We SHOULD be able to global people, so that someone that picked it up on Tuesday can be really good at PvP in a single week.

10+ Year Old Account
    DHs were incredibly OP in pvp against most casters and even most melee classes. The nerfs were deserved for most classes in pvp.

We were able to kill people in seconds, what's wrong with you?

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    So i decided to dust off my DH on Tuesday. Havent played him since September. I was actually starting to have fun with him in pvp and today I find out about these terrible nerfs to us in PVP. Does blizz hate us??
    Lmao, well you missed a lot having not played since september, but as of wednesday we were the most broken class in the game. I would kill an ilvl 890 artifact lvl 40 healer in our 3 second metamorphosis stun. Kill. 100-0.

These nerfs do kinda suck. They made mana break much worse than it was pre-patch even, first blood basically hasn't received any buff in pvp (same as it was before patch, so we dont take that now) and fury of the illidari nerfed AGAIN which is pretty sad, think that does 40% less dmg in pvp now overall since the original nerfs. Chaos blades nerf in pvp is not a big deal, we took it mostly for the 20% or so damage increase just so our burst phases are burstier, the auto attack dmg isnt much at all. Demon blades nerf is a bit sad but demonic appetite is nice now. Demon speed nerf also sad but we can take felblade to make up for it.

Overall though we now have a 15 second cooldown CC in imprison, really fucking nice. Our spells got mostly buffed (even if its only a bit), only crit was nerfed in our template, everything else buffed. 2 min meta cooldown with demonic origins is amazing, as is the nemesis buff for what will still be massive burst every 2 mins with meta+nemesis+chaos blades+FOTI+annihilation spam. Mana break will still be a decent talent. 25% execute for those long arena games when the healers are going oom is still a great tool. I think this patch is an overall buff, if only for the quality of life cc change and 2 min meta.

What I don't understand is how survival and ESPECIALLY frost dk escaped any nerfs. Frost dk's were ridiculous before the patch and got only further buffed with the patch. They are doing just as much damage (if not more) as us but with less mobility and cc. Now we received some nerfs but frost dks still gonna global your healers. Luckily im levelling mine up so I can participate in that soon.

I'm asking myself why I even open such threads :/

You dont give a fuck about pvp balance do you?
    If killing people in a 3 sec stun is fun for you, imagine how the player ok the other side feels.

Deleted
    I hope you get hit by a bus

10+ Year Old Account
    So glad they finally nerfed DHs in PVP. They were far too OP. The other day I had a DH kill me in 3 seconds before I even had time to react.

OP's fun = killing people in 3 seconds, get back to your easy mode games with god mode cheats enabled, you clearly like facerolling and challenges hurt your brain.

Wow so much negativity in here. Sorry i asked..

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this active in world pvp or only in instanced pvp? The damn notes say "pvp situations." O.O
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

Wow so much negativity in here. Sorry i asked..
    You created a thread based on negativity, what exactly were you expecting here?

Deleted
    Nerfs don't change much. Damage is still bananas.
    I'm sorry for the first blood nerfs , but the sweepbombs were Real I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Resentless View Post
    Lmao, well you missed a lot having not played since september, but as of wednesday we were the most broken class in the game. I would kill an ilvl 890 artifact lvl 40 healer in our 3 second metamorphosis stun. Kill. 100-0.

These nerfs do kinda suck. They made mana break much worse than it was pre-patch even, first blood basically hasn't received any buff in pvp (same as it was before patch, so we dont take that now) and fury of the illidari nerfed AGAIN which is pretty sad, think that does 40% less dmg in pvp now overall since the original nerfs. Chaos blades nerf in pvp is not a big deal, we took it mostly for the 20% or so damage increase just so our burst phases are burstier, the auto attack dmg isnt much at all. Demon blades nerf is a bit sad but demonic appetite is nice now. Demon speed nerf also sad but we can take felblade to make up for it.

Overall though we now have a 15 second cooldown CC in imprison, really fucking nice. Our spells got mostly buffed (even if its only a bit), only crit was nerfed in our template, everything else buffed. 2 min meta cooldown with demonic origins is amazing, as is the nemesis buff for what will still be massive burst every 2 mins with meta+nemesis+chaos blades+FOTI+annihilation spam. Mana break will still be a decent talent. 25% execute for those long arena games when the healers are going oom is still a great tool. I think this patch is an overall buff, if only for the quality of life cc change and 2 min meta.

What I don't understand is how survival and ESPECIALLY frost dk escaped any nerfs. Frost dk's were ridiculous before the patch and got only further buffed with the patch. They are doing just as much damage (if not more) as us but with less mobility and cc. Now we received some nerfs but frost dks still gonna global your healers. Luckily im levelling mine up so I can participate in that soon.
    First blood is still considerably stronger than it was last patch. It just does a little less now, but still in the ballpark of 450k a hit pre armor. FOTI was also incredibly stupid again and able to mindlessly global people in a meta stun while fun for the lols isn't good balance. We should still be a top tier class even after the nerfs

Haha wow, people being really judgmental about this (very stupid thread) even though only a couple weeks ago the entire DH forum were low key sending death threats to Blizzard for being weak on the PTR.

And people wonder why Blizzard doesn't interact with their playerbase more.

It was already wayyyyy too late for that nerf. DH were extremely op, they could one shot a healer within no time. Dont go cry now, its all fair my friend. If u dont like it, dont play it!

You're just bad at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    It was already wayyyyy too late for that nerf. DH were extremely op, they could one shot a healer within no time. Dont go cry now, its all fair my friend. If u dont like it, dont play it!
    Healer? Anyone. Fury could flat out do 75% of someones health and that is not including whatever you are throwing at them in meta.

Mana Break is Gimmicky and hardly matters unless you are doing the multi DH thing in which case that is gimmicky as hell and hardly unexpected that is getting nerfed (frankly, I preferred Rain over it simply due to the difficult to shake pressure it generates... and it gives a way to say FUCK YOU PALADINS that isn't a channel).

And honestly, the PvP nerfs are a glancing blow at best. They nerfed First Blood which you shouldn't use in PvP unless you were oneshot comboing (Bloodlet is really fucking strong in PvP still), you didn't really use the AA portion of CB, just the Chaos Amp so negligible, and while fury nerf stings in any skilled PvP they will IMMEDIATELY trinket whatever you are using to hold them down and GTFO of that. You maybe get 2 strikes at most. And it's not like a full Fury will not hurt, it will still do at least 40% of someones health, plenty painful. We have more Utility then we used to with Imprisonment being baseline and are much harder to shake due to Felblade becoming standard, even with losing 2 felrushes for it. And with Demonic Origins we can now play the long game rather then just focus on 30 seconds to win.

Or to put it another way, OP needs to Git Gud, we are significantly stronger then we were in season 1, and still a strong contender for a melee slot.

@Orissan
    With healer I actually ment myself. I can stand any DD without ding in PvP. The only ones that rape me hard are the DHs. Impossible to survive. That shouldnt be.
    I even watched Cdewx, a pro PvP player, mostly healer. His RDruid got one shot in the arena by a DHs first attack. U could watch his HP go down in about 2sec, and mana break caused over 800k dmg. I mean wtf... does Blizzard not test their own toons when they release a patch?

As u said, the small hotfix wont be enough, they need more nerf to be equal to the other DDS. Even in PvE they are too stong.
    In 7.1.5 or with 7.2. when the artifact trait +35 hits, PvP will be extremely annoying for healers. They always work on DMG, rarely on Healing. So DMG gets buffed and the healer can deal with the aftermath. If Blizz buffs DDs, then they should give us more survivability at least, if they cant give us more healing.
    Last edited by Wild; 2017-01-14 at 10:37 AM.