Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    How does a PS that charges nothing prove there is a quote " huge, huge demand" for vanilla wow servers that you would have to pay for.
    Sorry yes the 60,000 people playing on a single private server are all just freeloaders who wouldn't pay for a blizzard supported server that wouldn't risk being shut down.

They're all happy to plow months and months of playtime into it, but wouldn't even consider paying

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Sorry yes the 60,000 people playing on a single private server are all just freeloaders who wouldn't pay for a blizzard supported server that wouldn't risk being shut down.

They're all happy to plow months and months of playtime into it, but wouldn't even consider paying
    60,000 accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Meh was more in reference to there is always a minority these days going on about it. That bit wasn't aimed at you personally dude. Little rant on my part there basically. But again I don't see any crowdfunded project going well especially MMOs recently. I mean I wish them luck and I support their ideas of group focused content but meh I just don't see anything special in it personally.
    I mostly said that because besides a Legacy WoW server that is at this point the only MMO I care to try coming out within the years.

Try answering the question.
    Ok then, i'll rephrase the answer for you.

60,000+ people are currently playing on a single private server, not counting the rest of the servers, not counting those who don't know how or don't want to play on an "illegal" server. Or the 100,000+ people who signed a petition for Blizzard to make one. If that's not proof enough of the demand I really don't know what to say.

Surely, if people are crying out for TBC and MoP servers, you have similar figures for those private servers to show me?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    I mostly said that because besides a Legacy WoW server that is at this point the only MMO I care to try coming out within the years.
    Honestly it was just me being a bit snippy due to tiredness mate. I'm gonna check it out though. Just recent MMOs for me have been either grindy trash or boring. Only 2 that are keeping me entertained are GW2 and FF14.

You'd be surprised to how many will pay. They Love WoW.

I could play other MMO's masquerading as RPG's. I could play Wildstar. Will I? Naw. Would I ever want to? Not really. It seems an interesting game enough .. the combat put me off though. Not an RPG in any event.

RPG is a compelling argument to Vanilla. RPG with WoW ceased years ago.

60,000+ people are currently playing on a single private server, not counting the rest of the servers, not counting those who don't know how or don't want to play on an "illegal" server. Or the 100,000+ people who signed a petition for Blizzard to make one. If that's not proof enough of the demand I really don't know what to say.

Surely, if people are crying out for TBC and MoP servers, you have similar figures for those private servers to show me?
    60,000 accounts. And that petition doesn't really even matter.

So you're saying 60'000 "people" automatically mean huge numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    60,000 accounts.
    Actually I believe the figures were over 800,000 accounts

- - - Updated - - -

Your just tossing out number that mean nothing to the question I asked.
    I'm attempting to make you engage your brain and use logic, sorry if that's a bit too much for you.

That's not a question for anybody on this forum to answer. That's up to Blizzard. And clearly since they don't exist currently, Blizzard doesn't feel the demand for people paying to play Legacy is high enough to offset whatever developmental costs it'd incur.

Add to that the fact that people love to say they'd pay for something then choose to say "fuck it" when it actually comes time to pay the pauper (especially since it's not as if free-to-play PS realms would mysteriously vanish the second Blizzard announces official Legacy) and I'd say we have a lot of anecdotal evidence and very little actual support behind your claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    60,000 accounts. And that petition doesn't really even matter.

So you're saying 60'000 "people" automatically mean huge numbers?
    Except the petition clearly shows the demand is there for a Blizzard private server.

And no, it's nearly 1 million accounts

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    That's not a question for anybody on this forum to answer. That's up to Blizzard. And clearly since they don't exist currently, Blizzard doesn't feel the demand for people paying to play Legacy is high enough to offset whatever developmental costs it'd incur.

Add to that the fact that people love to say they'd pay for something then choose to say "fuck it" when it actually comes time to pay the pauper (especially since it's not as if free-to-play PS realms would mysteriously vanish the second Blizzard announces official Legacy) and I'd say we have a lot of anecdotal evidence and very little actual support behind your claims.
    So blizzard actively saying they want to make them, and having meetings with guys who run private servers isn't proof enough that there's demand either?

10+ Year Old Account
    This has just turned into a private server discussion. Guys, that's not allowed here. Don't talk about your experiences, ask for help, name it, link to it, or talk about the amount of accounts/server status.

Closing.