Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why are there almost no conservative comedians?

Where are the likes of Jon Stewart, John Oliver, Stephen Colbert, Samantha Bee or Trevor Noah?

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't that an oxymoron?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I've seen some try, but they just come off as angry more than funny. I did get a chuckle out of a few jokes from this one lady forever ago, can't remember who it was, but it was a blonde 20 something woman.

Conservatives aren't funny. A lot of the subjects that are used in comedy now are subjects that make conservatives butt hurt. Sex being a big one.
    Last edited by Varitok; 2017-01-14 at 03:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    Where are the likes of Jon Stewart, John Oliver, Stephen Colbert, Samantha Bee or Trevor Noah?
    Comedy and satire require the ability to criticise established norms and the social order, which is something conservatives generally do not excel at.

South Park is probably your best example of social satire from the right wing.

In america? Because they are unable to criticize anything the GOP does.

And no one wants to see a one sided comedy show. It's just propaganda.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Isn't that an oxymoron?
    I suppose it is. I meant the Yin and Yang.

Does Vince Vaughn count?
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Does Vince Vaughn count?
    That would imply Vince Vaughn is funny, and not in the 'spastic weirdo' way.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Conservatives are rarely moderate and extremists (left or right) are never funny.

I've actually seen a few of them perform. The problem is though that the people at the top don't want to promote them. Comedy Central/HBO and all the other major comedy supporters that get names into the media and recognized are hardcore liberal.

I've seen a lot of talent come through the comedy clubs over the years, I've probably seen over 200-300 comedians perform over the years and some of the funniest have been conservative, but the people at the top don't like them. Do you really see HBO a channel that is constantly putting out pro transgender and homosexual documentaries and stuff support a comedian that makes fun of those same subjects?

That's much why you don't know any anymore, the people at top are against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bling View Post
    Alternatively, most people don't find them funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bling View Post
    I've actually seen a few of them perform. The problem is though that the people at the top don't want to promote them. Comedy Central/HBO and all the other major comedy supporters that get names into the media and recognized are hardcore liberal.

I've seen a lot of talent come through the comedy clubs over the years, I've probably seen over 200-300 comedians perform over the years and some of the funniest have been conservative, but the people at the top don't like them. Do you really see HBO a channel that is constantly putting out pro transgender and homosexual documentaries and stuff support a comedian that makes fun of those same subjects?

Couldn't possibly be because making fun of minorities from a traditionalist standpoint ends up turning out more like this:

Last edited by Elegiac; 2017-01-14 at 03:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Ann Coulter and this forum are any indication of Conservative Comedians -- The only thing worse than their jokes is their victim complex.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's quite simple. They're all getting cens -[ 000000...

(PS: It's a joke. I'm also not a conservative.)
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    Well, they exist - however they will be attacked by most of the left the same way the above are attacked by the right.

I might point out that most of the above are 'centrist', if you want a 'left' comedian - try Bill Maher, want someone on the 'right' - try Penn Jillette. I enjoy both of them.

PS: Penn Jillette by himself not Penn and Teller the magician act.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Wait. You mean that conservatives aren't joking with their views?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Suggesting South Park is right wing seems rather strange.
    Parker and Stone are libertarians.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had to guess it's because there's no market for it. Conservatives have their share of "red neck" comedians like jeff foxworthy, larry the cable guy etc but they just joke about southern living and that sort of thing. Conservatives take their politics waaaaay too seriously and wouldn't accept somebody making fun of their beliefs.

10+ Year Old Account
    fox news had a comedy show for a while called the half hour show i think it was. it didn't last long cause it had such bad ratings.

although some say the glenn beck show is a form of comedy.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.