Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Affliction Nerfed - Demo Buffed

Warlock
    Affliction
    Agony now has its full chance to generate a Soul Shard on Soul Effigy (up from a 55% of normal chance).
    Malefic Grasp now increases the damage of damage over time effects by 70% (down from 80%).

Demonology
    Shadowbolt damage increased by 42%.
    Demonbolt damage increased by 42%, but its damage is now increased by 10% per active demon (down from 18%).

EDIT:
    DPS Specs
    Kiljaeden’s Burning Wish: Damage increased by 55%.

Edit 2:
    Impending Doom will now cause Doom to tick more often in addition to reducing its duration
    Last edited by Ciani; 2017-01-14 at 03:42 AM.

Deleted

Στάλθηκε από το F8131 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-01-14 at 06:08 PM. Reason: mistaken infraction

Well back to writhe in agony and soul effigy. The fun didn't last long...

Quote Originally Posted by Ciani View Post
    Warlock
    Affliction
    Agony now has its full chance to generate a Soul Shard on Soul Effigy (up from a 55% of normal chance).
    Malefic Grasp now increases the damage of damage over time effects by 70% (down from 80%).

Demonology
    Shadowbolt damage increased by 42%.
    Demonbolt damage increased by 42%, but its damage is now increased by 10% per active demon (down from 18%).

EDIT:
    DPS Specs
    Kiljaeden’s Burning Wish: Damage increased by 55%.
    Leaving the maths to those far more suited to it than me, but it seems as though with the fix to effigy shard generation this is actually a BUFF to affliction overall for any effigy builds.

Maleific Grasp was only a 5.5% nerf (doing the simple math), i assume it will still be best for single target fights and possible 2 target add fights.

The demo change is quite nice, as it smooths out the damage. (I calculated starting at a base of 100,000 for a demonbolt with 0 pets)
    At 12 pets, the damage would be 316,000
    Now the 100,000 is 142,000 at 0 pets, and at 12 pets its at 312,400. Actually its a buff at all pet numbers below 12.
    Code:
     0.00	 100,000.00 	 142,000.00 
     1.00 	 118,000.00 	 156,200.00 
     2.00 	 136,000.00 	 170,400.00 
     3.00 	 154,000.00 	 184,600.00 
     4.00 	 172,000.00 	 198,800.00 
     5.00 	 190,000.00 	 213,000.00 
     6.00 	 208,000.00 	 227,200.00 
     7.00 	 226,000.00 	 241,400.00 
     8.00 	 244,000.00 	 255,600.00 
     9.00 	 262,000.00 	 269,800.00 
     10.00 	 280,000.00 	 284,000.00 
     11.00 	 298,000.00 	 298,200.00 
     12.00 	 316,000.00 	 312,400.00
    Last edited by Wickedevil; 2017-01-14 at 03:36 AM.
    Please do one thing on the forums, read the whole post first, form an opinion, and then state whether you agree or disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Killsy View Post
    Leaving the maths to those far more suited to it than me, but it seems as though with the fix to effigy shard generation this is actually a BUFF to affliction overall for any effigy builds.
    A buff to effigy is a nerf to fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkith View Post
    I'd be pretty surprised if WiA is better than MG even with this change. I like the immediate 'sky is falling' response, though.

7+ Year Old Account
    MG is still better, keep your damn pants on lmao
    Don't be like haunt guy.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone tested the new effect for Impending doom? .... the new-new one from the hotfix

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    A buff to effigy is a nerf to fun
    it's not a buff it's a bug fix

Haha told you. Meanwhile warriors suffered zero nerfs. Rets some nerf to useless ability. And nerf to DH is just a joke. 2% to abilities? If you don't know 1 dh can kill anything in pvp in 3 seconds cause of retarded buffs blizzard has given to them. Also it's funny how they buffed SP legendary to 100%.

However this nerf to mg is small and probably needed. Only things that makes me smile is all those people who said "oh they will not nerf MG, warriors/sp/rets/rogues have better ST than affliction, it's not op" Warriors capable of doing 15m dmg in 1-2 seconds are untouched, mg nerfed, period. Buff to effigy is nice but I really don't understand why it's still exists other than that it was created by some moron who is "high ranked" in blizzard dev team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    it's not a buff it's a bug fix
    It is. more shards = More UA's = more damage

At least use the nice table I posted earlier in the other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Tuning hotfixes are in

Originally Posted by Ornyx
    Warlock
    • Affliction
      • Agony now has its full chance to generate a Soul Shard on Soul Effigy (up from a 55% of normal chance).
      • Malefic Grasp now increases the damage of damage over time effects by 70% (down from 80%).
    • Demonology
      • Shadowbolt damage increased by 42%.
      • Demonbolt damage increased by 42%, but its damage is now increased by 10% per active demon (down from 18%).
    Err information on them is in, fixes themselves are pending
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Though I dislike the move back to effigy for ST, I cant help but think this is a small buff to ST damage since we'll be getting more shards than we would with conduit and most likely be able to 2-stack UA almost every drain cycle, and effigy actually provides a little bit of damage as well

Deleted
    Its a bit disappointing to get nerfed while superior specs got left alone but its relatively minor. Glad they went for MG rather than hitting our dots which could have really wrecked us, this change does redress the balance a bit between Writhe and MG builds. Its a little misleading to put the soul effigy bug fix in as if its a buff but good that they fixed it quickly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dranxadin View Post
    Its a bit disappointing to get nerfed while superior specs got left alone but its relatively minor. Glad they went for MG rather than hitting our dots which could have really wrecked us, this change does redress the balance a bit between Writhe and MG builds. Its a little misleading to put the soul effigy bug fix in as if its a buff but good that they fixed it quickly
    shadow got nerfed and no one else was really above affliction...

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    shadow got nerfed and no one else was really above affliction...
    here is Mythic Guarm ranking. Pure single target. No adds to pad meters on. Tells a different story.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...t=95&boss=1962

MG will still be preferred. The fix to SE will likely make it our go-to talent for ST. Overall our position will not have changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    here is Mythic Guarm ranking. Pure single target. No adds to pad meters on. Tells a different story.
    Who gives a shit about a fight type that doesn't even exist in Nighthold.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Were those rets abusing the T18 bug?