Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    On a more light hearted but FF related note.
    https://twitter.com/h__mutsu/status/745950134815457280
    I screamed it out like how many years ago when I played FF5 on Ps1? BATTLE ON THE BIG BRIDGE!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Oh right! Now I remember!

Silly me, random magic crap that is never again mentioned or even explained is just dumb. =|
    So like... all of the Broken Isles then? I mean all the ships and zeppelins that basically travel right past/above that area couldn't see this place with a huge city on the coast covered by a giant glowing energy shield? And apparently the Night Elves and Tauren knew about it but just... didn't think to mention it? then there's that whole thing during the events of Warcraft II when some of the Horde actually went to the Tomb of Sargeras to kill Gul'dan.

Yep. But no one ever saw anything.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Not always the case, Tetris is by far the most played game on the planet and that doesn't have a shred of story. Some of the most sucessful gaming franchieses by far are built on little to no plot at all - games like Pokemon, Mario and Minecraft.

Gameplay and story however should be one and the same. You are told the story through gameplay and you learn who the characters are through their gameplay. A game Devs priority should always be gameplay, and any story should be there to serve it.

If your games mechanics and your game story are at odds with each other you end up with a tattered mess of plot holes at best, or something completely none-sensical at worst.

You don't need to figure out exactly whats going on to get the gyst of it however. I brought it up as an example since the story of Dark Souls is told almost entirely through it's world environments and it's items, then is reinforced by the games mechanics. Nothing that happens in the story breaks the games own internal rules. Nothing the player does within the rules breaks the games story. Thats why I praised it so highly, they've got mechanics and story in harmony.

Doomguy is characterised extremely well through his gameplay alone. You don't need to be told how aggressively he doesn't give a shit, because you can see how aggressively he doesn't give a shit through his gameplay. You don't need to be told that Demons are absolutely terrified by him, you can see that they are during the Glory Kill animations. Admitedly he's not the most complex of characters, but it's undenyable that he's far more expressive with a lot less than most video game protagonists.

Most RPG's on the other hand have bad storytelling because it's storytelling. You're stopped from playing the game to be told more of the story. You are shown the story through cutscenes andget to know the characters through their diologue. It's entirely seperate from both the gameplay and the games mechanics, as though it takes place in it's own little bubble divorced from the rest of the game. If your story and your game are completely separate why not just make them completely separate to begin with? Turn the story into a novel and the gameplay into a game.
    I get it you like wrpgs and hate cinimatics

Found this quite amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    And/or dancer
    i don't really understand where dancer is coming from, there have been no hints for it except people assuming in the trailer that women in the red dress was a dancer cause she was dancing (shes a monk)
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    i don't really understand where dancer is coming from, there have been no hints for it except people assuming in the trailer that women in the red dress was a dancer cause she was dancing (shes a monk)
    I do not believe she is a monk and I really hate how popular that view became. When it was seen at fanfest everyone assumed dancer. Welll almost and from what I recall no MONK skills were used pugilist maybe but not monk

Its basically because people assumed she was dancing when it was really just martial forms.. That and the dress.

Deleted
    I do not believe she is a monk and I really hate how popular that view became. When it was seen at fanfest everyone assumed dancer. Welll almost and from what I recall no MONK skills were used pugilist maybe but not monk
    then what is the man

I'm pretty sure the devs said they were both monks and Derplanders gear was the new Monk AF gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only recall them saying that male is monk, but might have missed something.

But at least it'll be over with next FanFest.. hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I only recall them saying that male is monk, but might have missed something.

But at least it'll be over with next FanFest.. hopefully.
    Inb4 they pull a Toy Story and a month before Stormblood "WAIT A MINUTE OH WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE".... Dancer/Samurai.

It made me realise just how dumb a lot of people playing this game actually are.

It also makes some of the stupid questions asked during Live Letters/Fan Fests understandable in context. A lot of people seem to need to be spoon fed everything. It was pretty obvious from the stance and fighting style that both the people in the trailer were Monks. Furthermore some people didn't realise that the guy in the cinematic was the Warrior of Light. Even though he's been in the other trailers. Yes, he looks older and more grizzled but he's been steadily aging over time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Its basically because people assumed she was dancing when it was really just martial forms.. That and the dress.
    Oh it was obviously a martial arts form but the movements seemed different from a monks

Oh it was obviously a martial arts form but the movements seemed different from a monks
    I immediately thought Dancer because of her movements and the way she was dressed. Her movements are much more fluid than what you've been exposed to this entire time through FFXIV:ARR and Heavensward as Monk/ Pugilist moves.

Dancer AF From FFXI

Dancer attire from Final Fantasy Tactics

And a google search of just Final Fantasy Dancer

The clothes on the woman, who I'm honestly guessing is Yda, resembles what Dancers have been seen wearing in many Final Fantasy games in the past.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I immediately thought Dancer because of her movements and the way she was dressed. Her movements are much more fluid than what you've been exposed to this entire time through FFXIV:ARR and Heavensward as Monk/ Pugilist moves.

Dancer AF From FFXI

The clothes on the woman, who I'm honestly guessing is Yda, resembles what Dancers have been seen wearing in many Final Fantasy games in the past.
    Some people are thinking its her sister.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post

Dancer AF From FFXI

Those are my thoughts too also her fighting style is more defensive I feel. Notice how often she blocks blows or counters. I can see it being a tank tbh similar to wows Brewster minus the booze aspect.

Do we know if the Lore cost of equipments will be reduced in the upcoming patch or will it not change ?

Since its the end of the expansion i would expect a removal of the 450 cap instead of a nerf. People still need to do the same amount of dungeons that way but you arent not limited in how fast you get the gear since its basically the victory lap gear up before the final raids and crafting stuff. They did it in ARR and interviews sound like it will happen again. Shire will be the new evenstar or darklight gear.

Or the "that guy doing a HW dungeon for the first time" ironworks gear for stormblood

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Since its the end of the expansion i would expect a removal of the 450 cap instead of a nerf.
    That's what I'm hoping for, especially since they are removing weekly item-limits from Alex 9-12.

We're re-building raid team, and I'm apparently moving from BRD/MCH to AST, but sadly my AST gear is i227.

in ARR they didn't remove the weekly tome cap they just increased it to 900 i think.