Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Yeah, they just ignored everything. The rotation is still really wonky due to the new patient sniper. A 8% buff is not likely to help either, MM will still be at the bottom of the dps. BM buffs are also kinda low.

They should fix patient sniper to make it not that wonky with different haste levels. Also marksmanship is the only spec in the game where it is actually a dps gain when ignoring a dps proc. Feels so weird to cancel all those marked shots...

I'm disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Okay this is bothering me way too much

What the fuck is the line
    " 9̶ " is the actual character... I don't know what it is... Google is showing results of it with the line on other numbers, but in Australian and Korean online stores. I have NO idea what it is. I have literally never seen it before... And I'm on Japanese and Taiwanese stores a lot.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

10+ Year Old Account
    There wont be any mechanical changes until 7.2.

Deleted
    it disgusts me that they think they can just leave 'marksman' is it is now, instead of acknowledging the massive fuck up they introduced with the reworked patient sniper.

as if 8% is gonna make people wanna play the current marksman specc that is the brainchild of some fucking gluesniffing dolt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madwolf View Post
    There wont be any mechanical changes until 7.2.
    sure they can be, you make them bend the knee, by making the forums misery for them, blow up twitters, and simply boycott playing the specc until they fix it. if the consquences become dire enough they will fold. at the end of the day, they want our money.

These changes are pretty pathetic to be honest. Kill Command does at most 20% of my damage and Cobra shot around 6%. So these buffs will have us doing around 5% more damage, still 15% behind the average.

@every1 complaining about how hunter will still be shit with a 8% buff:
    Look at other classes as well. Some of the well performing classes got shit on pretty well.

Taking SP for example, the nerfs would reduce total DPS of the #1 SP on Guarm by 8.99% and even more so for multi-DoT fights. In addition to that, the BiS legendary for most fights was nerfed by 40% (5 stacks -> 3 stacks) which is another ~4% total DPS loss for many fights. For the fights that SPs were performing particularly well (multi-DoT), you'll easily see a decrease of more than 15% in total.

The top parsing rets lost >3% of total damage from the execution sentence nerf and another >5% of total damage from legendary belt nerf.

Assa Rogue nerfs are harder to quantify without sims. They lost vendetta uptime from the legendary boots nerf and their total damage multiplier from AP was nerfed by 12.5% as well.
    Last edited by GT4; 2017-01-14 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    These changes are pretty pathetic to be honest. Kill Command does at most 20% of my damage and Cobra shot around 6%. So these buffs will have us doing around 5% more damage, still 15% behind the average.
    You don't seem to be including all of the sources of kill command damage:
    Kill command
    Hati kill command
    Jaws of thunder
    Hati Jaws of thunder

Not saying the buffs are big, just pointing out the incorrect (or hyperbolically low?) damage%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    That's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebyrd View Post
    LUL. So glad I wasn't banking on these. They're determined to keep BM worst spec in the game. Increases to abilities we don't even use? Yeah, that's going to help a lot. And cobra shot is such a small part of our damage with 75%+ of it coming from our pets, I just don't see how even such a massive gain is going to result in a big increase. It's not like we can suddenly use cobra more than we already do, we don't have the focus for it. I mean, I'm no theorycrafter, but is this even a 5% increase to our damage? Seems like the only real significance there is the Kill Command one, but since it's not an across-the-board increase like MM is getting, I can't see how this bumps us up significantly. I'd of course be happy to be shown wrong by the actual numbers.
    You don't use Cobra shot and Kill Command? Must not be playing BM then...SMH

Anyways. May not be enough to get us back up to par but it's a start. Next week will tell us more obviously. Sims are one thing, seeing how it performs is better
    Last edited by Sastank; 2017-01-14 at 04:24 AM.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
    it disgusts me that they think they can just leave 'marksman' is it is now, instead of acknowledging the massive fuck up they introduced with the reworked patient sniper.

as if 8% is gonna make people wanna play the current marksman specc that is the brainchild of some fucking gluesniffing dolt.
    not their fault you can't figure out patient sniper.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post
    9̶8%

Was hoping for a buff to Arcane Shot focus regen or something along those lines. Oh well. Maybe 7.2.
    That, plus changing Vulnerable to be a 2 charge buff, as in next 2 AS after applying Vuln do additional damage, instead of timer would do a lot to fix MM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trictagon View Post
    You don't seem to be including all of the sources of kill command damage:
    Kill command
    Hati kill command
    Jaws of thunder
    Hati Jaws of thunder

Not saying the buffs are big, just pointing out the incorrect (or hyperbolically low?) damage%.
    Yeah good point, probably closer to 4% total buff from kill command.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Finbezz View Post
    really unnecessary shitpost

Quote Originally Posted by Finbezz View Post
    Has nothing to do with not figuring it out. It has everything to do with the new Patient Sniper feeling like complete shit to play (especially without SW) and the rotation being a clunky piece of shit. I don't even see how you could be defending Blizzard on this one, the spec is hot garbage right now compared to some other much better-performing and much more well-built specs (Spriest, as an example).

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    That, plus changing Vulnerable to be a 2 charge buff, as in next 2 AS after applying Vuln do additional damage, instead of timer would do a lot to fix MM.
    Like... dumbing it down completely?

Quote Originally Posted by GT4 View Post
    Like... dumbing it down completely?
    There's a difference between dumbing down and removing complexity that was put there for complexity's sake. There's no interesting choice to Vulnerable currently, any 'complexity' to it is completely meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    There's a difference between dumbing down and removing complexity that was put there for complexity's sake. There's no interesting choice to Vulnerable currently, any 'complexity' to it is completely meaningless.
    It has just as much "interesting choice" as the majority of rotational abilities. By that argument, you might as well remove 2/3 of class abilities in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    You don't use Cobra shot and Kill Command? Must not be playing BM then...SMH

Anyways. May not be enough to get us back up to par but it's a start. Next week will tell us more obviously. Sims are one thing, seeing how it performs is better
    You seem to be the one that's not playing it considering we don't use barrage or chimaera shot. I clearly went on to talk about the two abilities we do use that got buffed, cobra and kill command.

Ydraw, I don't see how this favors Aspect of the Beast considering Killer Cobra has us using both KC and CS. The buff to CS is would be noticeably less overall damage for a build without Killer Cobra given that you use fewer CS without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Okay this is bothering me way too much

What the fuck is the line
    It's a strikethrough. Appears fine on my screen. I was referencing the 98% meme.