Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Protection Warrior post 7.1.5 nerfs

So the nerfs are in next week, opinions?

• Charge, Devastate, Devastator, Heroic Throw, Ravager, Shield Slam, Victory Rush, and Deep Wounds damage reduced by 5%.
    • Revenge and Thunder Clap damage reduced by 14%.

Perhaps justified to nerf Devastator/Revenge/TC by a bit, but I don't really get why SS/DW was nerfed. Also Prot Paladins untouched? 14% to both revenge/tc is huge.
    Last edited by mmoc41eb0b352e; 2017-01-14 at 03:25 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saren26 View Post
    So the nerfs are in next week, opinions?

• Charge, Devastate, Devastator, Heroic Throw, Ravager, Shield Slam, Victory Rush, and Deep Wounds damage reduced by 5%.
    • Revenge and Thunder Clap damage reduced by 14%.

Perhaps justified to nerf Devastator/Revenge/TC by a bit, but I don't really get why SS/DW was nerfed. Also Prot Paladins untouched? Also 14~ to both revenge/tc is huge.
    As i said. There is no way Blizz will allow warriors to have comparable dmg to paladins. At least they nerfed our surviability. Gz blizzard we are trash-tier now.

Like it wasnt expected.

Relax and move on you wont care in a week.

With BC our burst AOE damage along with revenge resetting instantly cause multi parries the damage was op.

We will be fine.

Deleted
    Revenge doesn't reset on parry, it just gives you a free revenge. I agree our AoE was through the roof, but if a tank does not take devastator then the damage is going to be really bad now.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arensky View Post
    As i said. There is no way Blizz will allow warriors to have comparable dmg to paladins. At least they nerfed our surviability. Gz blizzard we are trash-tier now.
    You are so mad because of kinda justified nerfs, that you forgot to put a "didn´t" in the bold part.

How again are we shit tier?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Well habit after so long.

Simply meant you can cast 2 in a BC window either way in AOE situation and it was fun but felt broken. Either way just means around 300-310k crits from 350. Still fun

I saw these Prot nerf coming. Honestly, playing my Prot warrior in this patch makes me feel like a god, in both PvE and PvP. Just make sure to have Devastator/Booming Voice/Renewed Fury/Anger Management and you'll have huge burst damage throughout any instance AND in PvP while still having a ton of survive-ability. It's quite fun, I'll take advantage of it till next Tuesday for sure!

There's no way we weren't going to get nerfed. I think the nerfs look worse on paper than anything.

Just looking at my Guarm kill from this week. If you apply the reductions to my abilities used, we end up going from 386k DPS down to 364k DPS. That's still significantly higher than what we were doing before 7.1.5 (my highest pre-patch was 300k). Not to mention, I was playing Vengeance (instead of Booming Voice), so my HPS was almost 250k (my 300k DPS parse came with somewhere around 190k HPS).

So a 60k DPS increase and a 60k HPS increase, I don't think we can be too mad. Are we as good as Paladins, Bears, or BrM played perfectly? Probably not. But are we shit tier? No way. I think we'll be in a better spot than we were during ToV.

Our issues as a spec definitely reside in our talents. Too many places where increasing damage requires sacrificing survival (and vice-versa). Would be nice if the two had a positive correlation (for all classes, not just us)

Edit - Just want to admit that this is a purely single target fight that I'm looking at. I think we'll still be fairly strong in AoE situations just due to the fact that our single target rotation and our AoE rotations are nearly identical now, but there aren't enough of them to accurately gauge logs at the moment.
    Jjmackey - Protection Warrior
    WCL Rankings | Incarnate of US-Ner'zhul
    7/7M EN - US 20th | 3/3M ToV - US 15th | 10/10M NH - US 16th

My DPS like, practically doubled in the patch. I can stand to lose a few percent off the top.

Deleted
    Honestly, what are those people saying our surviability disn't get nerfed smoking?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arensky View Post
    Honestly, what are those people saying our surviability disn't get nerfed smoking?
    How did it get nerfed? What did I miss in the notes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Saw the nerfs coming from a mile away. Still felt sad that they nerf us while leaving pally dps alone.

Quote Originally Posted by apojaja View Post
    Saw the nerfs coming from a mile away. Still felt sad that they nerf us while leaving pally dps alone.
    Warrior DPS was significantly higher than even Paladin DPS in 7.1.5. Why would they nerf both?

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    You are so mad because of kinda justified nerfs, that you forgot to put a "didn´t" in the bold part.

How again are we shit tier?
    u know that for dhs and bears and dk tanks and paladins it is very normal to do 500 k+ total dps over the course of a m+?

Warrior tanks were able to compete with those classes for exactly 1 day, until they hotfixed it back to " warrior do 1/3 of other tanks dmg because we at blizz hate warrior class" state.

Whew. At least it was a pure damage nerf, rather than a hit to Rage generation. That would be far worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    How did it get nerfed? What did I miss in the notes?
    The best survival tool is to kill the other guy first.

(They're probably referring to 7.1.5 nerfs to HR and earlier nerfs to IP, rather than this specific round of hotfixes)

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    u know that for dhs and bears and dk tanks and paladins it is very normal to do 500 k+ total dps over the course of a m+?

Warrior tanks were able to compete with those classes for exactly 1 day, until they hotfixed it back to " warrior do 1/3 of other tanks dmg because we at blizz hate warrior class" state.
    You heard it here first. A nerf of ~8% single target and ~10% AoE puts you from the very top of tanks to "1/3 of other tanks".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Passionario View Post
    Whew. At least it was a pure damage nerf, rather than a hit to Rage generation. That would be far worse.

The best survival tool is to kill the other guy first.

(They're probably referring to 7.1.5 nerfs to HR and earlier nerfs to IP, rather than this specific round of hotfixes)
    The HR nerf is not necessarily a survivability nerf because of how the rotation and talent changes allow you to use shield slam more often. In addition to that, the other stronger tanks also took decent (3% less damage reduction from blessed hammer for paladins) and huge (~15% less rage and 20% less armor for each ironfur for druids) nerfs. If anything, warrior survivability is looking even more competitive in 7.1.5 than in 7.1 because druids are no longer the powerhouses they were previously.

As for the IP nerfs, they were months ago, totally required for warriors not to be the only tanks taken to high end raids and warriors were still one of the more popular tanks for high end progression afterwards.

I really don't think Blizzard has any idea what to do with this spec. I'm glad I didn't invest significant amounts of time into it.

Deleted
    Saw it coming, but the fact they nerf damage of heroic throw, charge (intercept doesn't even do damage unless warbringer is talented) and victory rush just show they have no idea how to balance warriors. It's not like heroic throw was what made warrior damage so good, but nerf it anyways.

And... Prot warrior is no useless.
    Big surprise.

Glad they nerfed Heroic Throw, Victory Rush and Charge (we don't even have charge, we have Intercept and it doesn't even doing damage in the first place) that was absolutely overpwered!

No, seriously, is Blizzard THIS stupid?