Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is the extent of the nerf btw:
    http://imgur.com/a/6KVN4

Absolutely catastrophic

Assassination got a slap in the wrist, outlaw went untouched, warriors went untouched.

Meanwhile a 10% nerf to MG when MG warlock in mythic Guarm is 7th place.

This is what you get when idiots in the warlock forums start muttering about MG being broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    it's not a buff it's a bug fix
    First off, bug fixes can also be buffs.

Secondly, this isn't a bug fix but an intentional change. Agony's chance to generate soul shards (just like immolate's) decreases the more targets you have it up on at once. The change now explicitly excludes agony that's cast on soul effigy from that rule.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Assassination got a slap in the wrist, outlaw went untouched, warriors went untouched.

Meanwhile a 10% nerf to MG when MG warlock in mythic Guarm is 7th place.

This is what you get when idiots in the warlock forums start muttering about MG being broken.
    If you think Assa got a slap on the wrists, you have no idea of Assa.

If you think Outlaw deserved nerfs, you have no idea of how specs were performing in general. The only way you'd think so is if you were exclusively looking at max parses which for outlaw are predominantly statistical outliers with insane buff (and subsequently AR) uptimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GT4 View Post
    First off, bug fixes can also be buffs.

Secondly, this isn't a bug fix but an intentional change. Agony's chance to generate soul shards (just like immolate's) decreases the more targets you have it up on at once. The change now explicitly excludes agony that's cast on soul effigy from that rule.
    agony on effigy already worked that way before the patch this was a known bug on ptr that made it to live.

agony on effigy already worked that way before the patch this was a known bug on ptr that made it to live.
    Or it was an intended change to reduce the dominance of soul effigy?
    Did Blizzard ever call it a bug?

Considering that they listed this under class tuning changes and not under hotfixes (of which there were three waves already), this is clearly not just a bug fix but a deliberate change.
    Last edited by GT4; 2017-01-14 at 05:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GT4 View Post
    Or it was an intended change to reduce the dominance of soul effigy?
    Did Blizzard ever call it a bug?
    they never acknowledged the change until today's notes. Considering they changed it a couple of days after the patch I think it's safe to say it was a bug.

they never acknowledged the change until today's notes. Considering they changed it a couple of days after the patch I think it's safe to say it was a bug.
    Considering that they listed this under class tuning changes and not under hotfixes (of which there were three waves already), this is clearly not just a bug fix but a deliberate change. It's also one that makes sense because now they had live data to look at and live data shows that e.g. in mythic ToV, soul effigy is taken in only 4% of cases while at the same time performing worse than soul conduit as well.
    Last edited by GT4; 2017-01-14 at 05:17 AM.

Deleted
    This is the extent of the nerf btw:

Absolutely catastrophic
    That kind of told nothing as bowth was run with slightly different talents.

Could you run with same talents? ie. MG, Contagion, SL, Supremacy, Conduit

To compare same talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickmeme View Post
    That kind of told nothing as bowth was run with slightly different talents.

Could you run with same talents? ie. MG, Contagion, SL, Supremacy, Conduit

To compare same talents.
    The Soul Effigy fix makes SE the best talent to take and that means taking AC instead of Contagion too. If you want to know how much the SC build is nerfed by it will be about 4-6%. The sims I posted aren't mine they were done by gahddo and posted on the warlock discord.

7+ Year Old Account
    This just in. Sky != falling. Aff was going to get some form of a nurf, I'm honestly surprised it was this instead of a flat dot damage nurf by 5%
    Don't be like haunt guy.

ugh man fuck effigy

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly wonder if they know how to test. Months on the PTR, days after it drops... hot fixes.

I'm surprised wrath of consumption and the maximum number of souls you can store has been left alone. I just hope that isn't foreshadowing for a load of enemies in NH giving no shards or souls on death.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkith View Post
    Well back to writhe in agony and soul effigy. The fun didn't last long...
    10% to MG is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkith View Post
    Well back to writhe in agony and soul effigy. The fun didn't last long...
    Fun? MG is pure shit.

Honestly thought they were going to nerf mg to 60 or even 50. Pretty happy, and good to have effigy back.

it's not a buff it's a bug fix
    It's not a bug fix, it was intended. Effigy was never supposed to act like a second target for shard generation.

- - - Updated - - -

Effigy never acted like another normal target pre 7.1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    A buff to effigy is a nerf to fun
    You win the internet today, my friend.

Deleted
    I was expecting like 30% nerf to MG so fuck this it gonna still PWN.

Deleted
    Still going to play at Malefic Grasp and Soul Conduit. I really dislike Soul Effigy. And i love seeing 1 mil + crits as affli when i play at MG

I am a demo main though and i'd like to know if the impending doom talent is the go to talent now, considering i don't have the belt. Talking mainly about raid bosses because that's where i pick Improved Dreadstalkers. Implosion is still the best in M+ i think