Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Lul flame patch nerf, mages are fine idd, i can almost do the same dps with arcane at AL28 and fire at lv43 with leggy bracers and belt
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Obviously I was speaking in the collective sense; 'you' as in 'all mages, everywhere, constantly for the last week or so'.
    Where? There is nothing on the official mage forum, Altered Time etc. You have this thread, and what? Some people from others classes complaining on the general discussion forum or what? That happens to every class which sticks out all the time, by players of all other classes since WoW exists.

There is no collective effort by mages to bring shadow priests down. As if such a thing would even make sense.

Deleted
    Fire

Flame Patch damage reduced by 17%.
    Let me quote myself:
    Quote Originally Posted by Deith View Post
    The current problem with mages is that they feel clunky where some other classes got uncalled for buffs that created this gap and feeling of being underpowered. It feels like you have to run full speed after someone who's casualy jogging and still barely keeping up. I don't think tho that blizzard has the ablity to fix that since them being so disconnected from reality made them make those changes in first place.

Mages are constantly crying anyway, you will still be OP in due time, what's the hassle?

Quote Originally Posted by clayman View Post
    Mages are constantly crying anyway, you will still be OP in due time, what's the hassle?
    Ironic, looking at your post history, you're the one that keeps complaining.
    Last edited by Methnor; 2017-01-14 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Typo.

Deleted
    Since the hunters were buffed.. guess who is last now ?

Quote Originally Posted by Covery View Post
    Since the hunters were buffed.. guess who is last now ?
    I know, I know ... wait, wait, I knew that ... emm, Shamans ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    D: We offer no raid utility, atleast mages brings bloodlust. We come with nothing another class currently can't do, other than turtle which is used to cheese 2 mechanics over these 10 bosses (Cenarius, Helya)
    You do realize there is another class that has Timewarp... right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    BM hunters can too.. not only shamans.. so there ARE others class.. but hey !

inb4 poster mentions drums so all specs at worst case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

If you're playing BM you're gimping out yourself still, so you won't be playing BM at CE. Only in casual play, which I guess is fair, but in casual play, NO ONE complains about nerfs and such as they couldn't care less.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    I indeed do realize that, I'm not a complete idiot. But is or is TW NOT a form of utility, whilst still as a class currently doing shit more dps than hunters, and also having an immunity? Only other class is shaman, which not every guild has, I've never seen a guild that didn't have at least 1 mage.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
    I don't know about you, but my ST dps went up by around 40-50k since the patch as Fire. My aoe feels about the same if not slightly nerfed, but Fire feels great right now otherwise. The hunter situation isn't at all comparable to ours. I only slightly out-gear our hunters and I blew them 1,000 miles out of the water this week.

EDIT: You also have to consider scaling. I can't speak for the other classes, but mages feel like they scale much, much better with gear than they did previously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
    Similar question: I have Fire bracers, belt, helm, and Prydaz. I was thinking of getting some off-spec legendaries next but I don't know if I should stick with fire for a higher chance to get Shard of the Exodar (since it applies to all three specs).
    You have bracers and belt, so the situation for you is probably much different. For me, who has the chest, neck, and helm ATM i just have to pray to the rng gods to be somewhat competitive again. For the vast majority of players without one (or any) of the decent legendaries fire feels very, very bad atm.

10+ Year Old Account

I mean.. Hunters still have the possibility to switch to SV.
    still.. facts are facts.. mages and shaman are in a worst situation than hunters..
    ooooooookay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohoots View Post
    And for EN

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10
    Fire mages still in top 5

Tov is awful because of #1 how few guilds kill helya. and #2 only 3 fights 2 that favor one type of people. and odyn Specifically fire mages are ass. they either set them on the boss 100% if they want to do any damage. and most guilds don't do that.
    Mages will never be happy until this happens again;

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/8/

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    Mages will never be happy until this happens again;

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/8/
    As a Balance druid i'd be OK with that again .

Deleted
    The worst thing is unless something changes before Wednesday, we will probably stay like that until several guilds kill mythic guldan which might be few weeks, and also the most important time during the patches.

Deleted

This is exactly how I feel about my mage I've just rerolled to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post
    You can argue about the ilvl brackets, but 95th percentile is just a really really stupid way to look into a classes performance...
    IT can be yes. Some will argue that "those are the best players" but the reality is that most of that bracket is people playing cheesy strats and extremely sensitive to variance. The best kills don't always tend to be the best executed, but the ones where a lot of luck and good procs appear. Like a mage getting several flamewreaths into the stacked small adds on Helya.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Stop with all this information and logic. They want to be top right now! This is mage we are talking about, they aren't allowed to be even thought of as bad. But when they are good, they want to say, meh we aren't the top so we aren't good either. I swear biggest cry baby community of them all.

Also, again, some of these people need to learn how to look at logs. You want to see your DPS leaders choose A fight, over the period of the time for the patch, not two weeks. Seriously the guy you quoted in response to me needs some help.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...e=7&dataset=80

Must be hard being within 30k to 50k dps of everyone but the two outliers. But yeah, Mage needs the buffs not Hunters and one of the shaman specs. Warlock so OP better reroll! Lets see what happens when you get better players and gear....
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...e=7&dataset=90
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...e=7&dataset=95
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...e=7&dataset=99

Damn rough on mages. Why choose Guarm? Because it is the only fight you can race DPS. Sorry, but numbers for other fights aren't worth looking at unless you are comparing yourself to other people of the same class. Fight design is always going to be an issue for DPS. Some specs will always be better at certain fight types no way around it. Helya is an awful fight to pick DPS numbers on, too easy to cheese ball certain parts, super cleave is going to dominate etc. Same with Odyn, excessive movement, multiple targets, bad luck on mechanics etc. Guarm is about the only ToV fight you can do DPS charting on and give the base of who is good and who is bad. Even then SOOOOO few parse numbers, especially Helya. ToV is a joke of a place to look at numbers for. It is going to favor dominately any spec that excels at two target cleave.
    Is that why melee are doing so well?

Im crying because legion made the hunter class really boring to play. Hunter was really fun to play in WOD and previous expansions.

Horde Frost mages are bad now in PvP cause of the nerf of frostbolt and on Ice floes :(

what will it take to make frost mages great again ?

a little buff on frostbolt will make it way more fun i think

what do you guys think ?