Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yeah Ive noticed I can still PoH despite the nerf, if its called for, as stated. Like when people are grouped for something like Mythic elereth it was great, only I wished I had more haste then to cast more. Solid against mythic bear since everyone was damaged anyway. I guess I took the smart heal loss to be a bad thing but its more like me just needing to get better at choosing when to use it exactly. I cant fire and forget it now but in situations that call for it it heals pretty nicely if I can aim properly.
    I do not fear death. It's just dreaming in silence.

Quote Originally Posted by lcs View Post
    You only benefited from the double proc on amalgams from ToL if you stopped casting flash heals for 6 seconds and let all the buffs expire. There are probably only a couple of points in each fight where that happens (hymm, transition phases, etc), so you're missing out on a handful of procs at most. I wouldn't describe that as "massive"

COMPARING AMALGAMS SEVENTH SPINE:

I think that it's a noticeable difference from what I've compared, but whether or not it's a game changer is another question. I checked my logs from 7.1 and compared them to 7.1.5. On M Nyth, I cast 18.2% MORE FH in 7.1.5 and got 8.2% less mana returned overall. Actual figures though, it was 144851 vs 157695... which isn't very much. Notes: fight was 3:39 in 7.1 and 3:57 in 7.1.5, and this was with ToL and SoL, and as a gnome

edit 1: M Ursoc - in 7.1.5 14% less mana returned from spine, 31% less FH casts
    edit 2: M Elerthe - in 7.1.5 8.2% more mana returned from spine, 38% more FH casts
    edit 3: M Odyn - in 7.1.5 77% less mana returned from spine, 72% less FH casts (without SoL)

The above edits show my logs for healing in late december compared to last night. The % more/less casts is the difference between the FH casts in before and after (keeping in mind that WL doesn't track ToL as a FH anymore)

Read into that what you will. I'm sure there are smarter people out there who will be able to do something with that
    Last edited by mishy310593; 2017-01-12 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mishy310593 View Post
    edit 1: M Ursoc - in 7.1.5 14% less mana returned from spine, 31% less FH casts
    edit 2: M Elerthe - in 7.1.5 8.2% more mana returned from spine, 38% more FH casts
    edit 3: M Odyn - in 7.1.5 77% less mana returned from spine, 72% less FH casts (without SoL)
    So you casted less flash heals and got less mana from the trinket that requires you to cast flash heals. Some of that is probably from the single extra proc ToL would grant but the majority factor is that you were casting less flash heal.

Quote Originally Posted by lcs View Post
    So you casted less flash heals and got less mana from the trinket that requires you to cast flash heals. Some of that is probably from the single extra proc ToL would grant but the majority factor is that you were casting less flash heal.
    I know that, and that's obvious. I used other spells, like PoH, in its place. I was just providing some data for people to look at.

So right now which is the best mana trinket available since looks like amalgams not worth anymore?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xio View Post
    So right now which is the best mana trinket available since looks like amalgams not worth anymore?
    Did you miss the previous posters? Spine has barely changed. The only times you'll lose out any mana is when you wait 6sec to cast another Flash heal. Spine remains the best mana trinket and you will be keeping it throughout the entirety of Nighthold unless blizz makes changes to other mana trinkets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It is. It might be the best Holy build in 7.1.5 and you've been lucky to get the trousers so it's even better.
    Is this the case for 5 mans too? I don't raid, so my build is setup for M+. Currently running SoL + Apo which I rather like. I can easily cope without the SoL procs, but the lack of Apo as a bailout for when things get heavy seems a big trade off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    Is this the case for 5 mans too? I don't raid, so my build is setup for M+. Currently running SoL + Apo which I rather like. I can easily cope without the SoL procs, but the lack of Apo as a bailout for when things get heavy seems a big trade off.
    No, Piety + Benediction is a raiding setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephthysis View Post
    No, Piety + Benediction is a raiding setup.
    Mhm not sure if it wouldn't be good for 5 man as well. I'd switch Piety for Binding Heal but stick with Benediction and Enduring Renewal. Haven't tested it yet but this is what I would try to play with 7.1.5: http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/priest/holy/c2pM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Mhm not sure if it wouldn't be good for 5 man as well. I'd switch Piety for Binding Heal but stick with Benediction and Enduring Renewal. Haven't tested it yet but this is what I would try to play with 7.1.5: http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/priest/holy/c2pM
    I tried http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/priest/holy/cByM this evening. Works well. Piety + Bene is great even in 5 mans, you often end up with the whole party renewed and several PoMs bouncing. Feels smoother than my old Apoth build.
    I'm a bit reluctant to drop ToL and play BH style as I like being able to choose which two people get healing.

I like to take censure for 5 mans too as stunning adds can be a useful interrupt / damage reducer.

Deleted
    So on Mythic Ursoc my Prayer of Healing since patch has changed from around 3-6% overhealing to over 20% overhealing. Blizz done fucked up hard on this one.

I tried http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/priest/holy/cByM this evening. Works well. Piety + Bene is great even in 5 mans, you often end up with the whole party renewed and several PoMs bouncing. Feels smoother than my old Apoth build.
    I'm a bit reluctant to drop ToL and play BH style as I like being able to choose which two people get healing.

I like to take censure for 5 mans too as stunning adds can be a useful interrupt / damage reducer.
    That's the thing I haven't tested yet. Binding Heal procs Enduring Renewal on 3 targets simultaneously, so it's pretty easy to maintain Renew on every player. I don't know if it's better than Piety in 5 man but I think so. I have to try it out but unfortunately I haven't got that much time right now... damn.

Deleted
    I had a quick look through skada after my MoS run last night and FH was still the top heal by a fair margin. I think BH is just a bit too throughput weak in most situations, since usually it's the tank getting a lot of damage and small bursts on the DPS. Being able to maintain strong tank healing while topping dps off with ToL is useful, I can think of many times where trying to BH would just result in too little tank healing.

I only missed Apoth once really - early trash on MoS was a bit hectic, with a lot of party wide damage flying (teeming+skittish will do that though), I could have used a bit more throughput, especially extra serenities for bailing people out. Overall though, I think it's stronger with Benediction.

Being able to maintain strong tank healing while topping dps off with ToL is useful, I can think of many times where trying to BH would just result in too little tank healing.
    How could that be possible? After all BH is still a flash heal, isn't it? So if you spam either of those two spells on the tank he should get the same life back.
    Only question would be what heals more on secondary targets (aka DDs): ToL on one target or BH which keeps yourself alive as well..?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rici View Post
    How could that be possible? After all BH is still a flash heal, isn't it? So if you spam either of those two spells on the tank he should get the same life back.
    Only question would be what heals more on secondary targets (aka DDs): ToL on one target or BH which keeps yourself alive as well..?
    Flash heal is 475% SP on the main target and 190% on the secondary target with ToL. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=2061/flash-heal
    Binding heal is 300% SP on all targets. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=32546/binding-heal

So BH is better overall throughput, but FH is almost 60% more healing on the tank.
    FH also brings your Serenity off CD twice as fast.

Thanks for clarification.

Flash heal is 475% SP on the main target and 190% on the secondary target with ToL. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=2061/flash-heal
    Binding heal is 300% SP on all targets. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=32546/binding-heal

So BH is better overall throughput, but FH is almost 60% more healing on the tank.
    FH also brings your Serenity off CD twice as fast.
    Binding Heal decreases the CD of both Holy Word spells. That's another factor we should not forget. I'd use Binding Heal only with Renewing Endural so there is no secondary target healed by FH.

Can someone explain how the way ToL works now is a nerf to Spine? I've been trying to look at it in whatever way I can to read it as such, but I only see it as a buff. My thought process is that before, with old ToL, we would constantly rewrite the Spine buff on our last target causing us to lose out on a potential mana gain. Now our ToL FH does not rewrite our last FH target's Spine buff, which means we benefit more from target switching...

Just trying to figure things out. Also, Ancient Priestess? It's rising more and more in popularity. But I'm still on the boat of it overheals, it procs randomly, we don't know what precisely procs it, target selection is random (chance for 100% overheal)...

As for 5-man content, I run Apotheosis for those oh-crap-moments with Surge of Light or Binding Heal.
    Everything else remains the same.

Hey guys, I recently switched to holy priest from mw monk. I have a gameplay question. I love holy priest and it offers a lot. I love the spell interplay. However, one place where I feel holy priest is lacking compared to other healers is what do you do in 5 mans and even more so in raids when theres a lot of raid wide damage if hymn and sanctify are on cd? Do you fill with PoH or do you only cast PoH if invoke the naaru is up or if you just cast sanctify? Do you just fill with flash heal? I was healing some higher mythic pluses last couple nights and did heroic EN and felt a little inadequate in those moments.

For MW monks you just press vivify or essence font and boom, group/raid gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by Meradith View Post
    Hey guys, I recently switched to holy priest from mw monk. I have a gameplay question. I love holy priest and it offers a lot. I love the spell interplay. However, one place where I feel holy priest is lacking compared to other healers is what do you do in 5 mans and even more so in raids when theres a lot of raid wide damage if hymn and sanctify are on cd? Do you fill with PoH or do you only cast PoH if invoke the naaru is up or if you just cast sanctify? Do you just fill with flash heal? I was healing some higher mythic pluses last couple nights and did heroic EN and felt a little inadequate in those moments.

For MW monks you just press vivify or essence font and boom, group/raid gets better.
    5-mans, Sanctify into PoH or Hymm is pretty good, you can have a lot of PoM buffs out too in 5 man which makes Hymm better (although they tend to stack up)

Raids, Hymm when called for, otherwise sanctify into flash heal spam. PoH is more situational now than it is before, you definitely want power of the naaru up for the extra healing. PoH is good for things that hit the entire raid (think guarms charge), not so much spot AoE healing as it was in 7.0/1.