Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    The way I understood it is that TV/FV scales better and as such will still be the go to in the end and the only reason ES shines during perfect conditions right now is that is was buffed individually. Which was kinda stupid instead of having it be treated the same as TV/FV as far as buffs and legendarily items are concerned. Not to mention that ES is prone to result in a loss of DPS due to mechanics.

For me ES only sims about 20k higher than FV atm so I'm sticking with FV as realistically those 20k won't be seen very often.
    I see no reason why TV/FV would scale better tbh. And from my testing with it, as long as you have a decent weakaura it's very easy to manage, might even be a further DPS increase sometimes since it's a 20y spell. It's a very nice niche spell, only belonging to pure ST fights (perhaps some high priority target fights as well).
    If it sims 20k higher, then in practice it could yield even more. I tried it on Guarm the other day and it was insane how nice it works (even uptime during leaps/charges that a simple FV wouldn't land).

If you have the cloak though, I'd prob stick with FV. Seems annoying to track that buff + ES for a minimal DPS increase.

Quote Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
    Looking at log rankings while excluding the belt is hilarious.

Good stuff, Blizz.

How long do you think it will take them to nerf it to 10%?

I'm failing to understand how this is any different than when the cloak was BIS. There wasn't a single log without a cloak in the top 100 on any boss.

I know because I didn't have one and all I looked at to drown my tears was top 100 ranks that I used to be part of.

Stop with this "lol this belt nerf it" shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    I see no reason why TV/FV would scale better tbh.
    Passives/gear that increases it's damage. Higher base damage means higher damage to multiply.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallX View Post
    I'm failing to understand how this is any different than when the cloak was BIS. There wasn't a single log without a cloak in the top 100 on any boss.
    The assumption comes from the fact that the belt is a bigger dps increase at the moment than the pre-nerf cloak was.

Given that the cloak (and ring) was nerfed because it was too good, it's fairly safe to expect something that is even better to get nerfed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chain obviously needs to be nerfed a bit, not into the ground or anything dumb like that though. Depending on DPS after that, buff ret if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallX View Post

I know because I didn't have one and all I looked at to drown my tears was top 100 ranks that I used to be part of.

Stop with this "lol this belt nerf it" shit.
    It sounds like you have the belt and don't want it nerfed haha.

The cloak was dumb, but not this dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fharlion View Post
    The assumption comes from the fact that the belt is a bigger dps increase at the moment than the pre-nerf cloak was.

Given that the cloak (and ring) was nerfed because it was too good, it's fairly safe to expect something that is even better to get nerfed.
    It just comes down to simple numbers.

The belt gives about 50% more of a DPS increase than the current cloak and ring combined.

I have no idea how it made it to live at 20%.

I'll be the first to say it; I am riding this gravy train till the end of the tracks. I've become a good bit more powerful after the patch. (went from cloak/ring to cloak/belt)

All I can do is sit back and see what happens to my class. lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I'll be the first to say it; I am riding this gravy train till the end of the tracks. I've become a good bit more powerful after the patch. (went from cloak/ring to cloak/belt)

All I can do is sit back and see what happens to my class. lol

Im in the same boat. I have belt, cloak and shoulders. Switched pali to my main before this patch and got my first non-warrior first kill in 10 years last night on heroic Helya.
    Delmore - Warrior
    Delmoré - Demon Hunter

On the front page:

Execution Sentence damage reduced by 15%.
    Fine by me, now I know for sure I wont have to bother with this annoying ass talent.

Chain of Thrayn: Damage bonus reduced from 20% to 10%.
    We all knew this was coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Well there we go,

Retribution
    Execution Sentence damage reduced by 15%.

LOL

Paladin

Chain of Thrayn: Damage bonus reduced from 20% to 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
    Looking at log rankings while excluding the belt is hilarious.

Good stuff, Blizz.

How long do you think it will take them to nerf it to 10%?
    Not that long seeing the new notes :P

Ayyy. No more ES.

Might still be a ST increase, but it should be small enough that I won't even care.

10+ Year Old Account
    <_< I was actually enjoying ES during Crusade at least. Having it on such a short cd during that time and it critting millions felt nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    So how much of a damage nerf are we looking at here? ~5% or so?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    So how much of a damage nerf are we looking at here? ~5% or so?
    Based on just the top logs, the ES nerf is a ~3% overall damage nerf if you have been using it. Nothing too horrendous.

Not often you get to say this but expected and reasonable nerfs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, some napkin maths shows that Ret will still be in a great spot, especially since Havoc and Assassination got nerfed as well.

Deleted
    RIP ES
    Fun didnt even last for 1 Week.

IDK why a talent which takes so much more micro management cant even pull ahead in theory.

Why is ES nerfed? They recently buffed it for viability. What's the point?

Is it another case of "oh look ret is topping the charts or thereabouts, we can't have that"? Yet leave ridiculous fury warriors untouched?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Why is ES nerfed? They recently buffed it for viability. What's the point?

Is it another case of "oh look ret is topping the charts or thereabouts, we can't have that"? Yet leave ridiculous fury warriors untouched?
    Being buffed into viablity and overbuffing are two different things - on pure single target fights the top parsing Rets do SP levels of damage, and the notes make it clear that the devs consider SP to be too strong.

Also, top parses for Fury are mostly below Ret's. Not sure what you meant by ridiculous, or why they would be relevant.