Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

People really should stop expecting QoL changes until next xpac

Blizzard has been shitting on this class for a longass time. With the pruning, the shitty class fantasy nonsense, and the horrid rotation have made the class as whole suffered.

Yet ppl keep assuming the devs are gonna listen to the community and make severe QoL changes to the class during the middle of an xpac. If you think they are listening or will.... then you're kidding yourself, 1000+ constructive posts were given to the devs during alpha and beta what makes you think they will listen to yours all of a sudden?

They will offer band aid fixes and nothing more, there's too much wrong with the class right now. The talents choices are bad, rotation is not engaging, 1.5 gcd, bad pet AI and of course the pruning. Damage is not the issue because that can be solved with a simple tweak, but the other issues I pointed out are the main culprits of why the class is bad.

Like I said ppl should stop expecting severe changes to the class during the xpac, Blizzard has shown that they either

A. Don't care

B. Incompetent

C. Arrogant/Egotistical

This also raises a bigger concern because will they even bother to fix the class at all next xpac.

Deleted
    Wel consider that its tuned for
    2 or 4 ps tierset like in wod we suck at start but w 4 pc set instant aim shot ww where op.
    So
    Jyst a thought

Quote Originally Posted by wietje View Post
    2 or 4 ps tierset like in wod we suck at start but w 4 pc set instant aim shot ww where op.
    So
    Jyst a thought
    2/4set is not enough of a DPS increase, nor a huge playstyle change. If you had the Boots previous to Nighthold, you will play the exact same, getting 1-2 more trueshots and doing the "opener" rotation more often, which just means slightly more Aimed shot casts.

It's also only equivalent to a 4-8% DPS increase at most. 2/4set is NOT relevant like the HFC 4 set which gave INSTANT aimed shots, that is a HUGE gameplay boost AND dps increase.

People need to stop thinking like this: "We'll be better with tier set" "wait for hotfixes" "just wait for the next patch".

We've been going through this abused housewife routine since the end of WoD. It's time to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by wietje View Post
    So
    Jyst a thought
    No class should be OP with or without bonus set, that's what is called "balancing"

Deleted
    Right now I think we need at least a small change that is a huge QoL change : buff arcane shot so it gives more foca. 8-10 foca instead of 5 so I won't feel like I'm spamming arcane shot for almost nothing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukybre View Post
    Right now I think we need at least a small change that is a huge QoL change : buff arcane shot so it gives more foca. 8-10 foca instead of 5 so I won't feel like I'm spamming arcane shot for almost nothing
    I would say buff it to 15 and we are golden.

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    No class should be OP with or without bonus set, that's what is called "balancing"
    Have you played WoW or any of its 18 other tiers? I don't understand how people that have seen dozens of these patches at this point still get up in arms over tuning balance. The DPS have never and will never be balanced. Sometimes your class/spec is just going to suck. Get over it like you and everyone else obviously has many many times before.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Have you played WoW or any of its 18 other tiers? I don't understand how people that have seen dozens of these patches at this point still get up in arms over tuning balance. The DPS have never and will never be balanced. Sometimes your class/spec is just going to suck. Get over it like you and everyone else obviously has many many times before.
    Because it's worse now than it was before. That was easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Yes but, warlocks, hunters, mages and rogues always had at least 1 dps spec that was viable. Thats the advantage of a 3dps spec class and why many people like to main a 3 dps spec class.
    Now all 3 hunter specs are at the very bottom and that was never the case before.

Deleted
    They did mention in a tweet that if it's still not good enough they'll do something with the rotation.

The only fix they can do is just reverting the focus nerf of sidewinders, and I expect that will happen.

Something like adding a charge on db wouldn't be considered a MAJOR QoL change from a coding perspective, and clearly it was not since they could put it on an item rather than baseline like we asked.

Reducing focus costs to remove downtime isn't a MAJOR QoL change from a coding perspective but for some reason they refuse.

Also the issue isn't that someone is on bottom, it's that 1. all 3 of a pure are on bottom and 2. Theres a MASSIVE gulf between the top and the bottom.

Some specs should be simming higher due to limitations on their theoretical dps in actual fights, for example less mobile specs have to do a bit more stand-still patchwerk to be able to keep up with more mobile specs. They don't need 100k more. Someone will be on top, someone will be on bottom, they'll never get it completely level, but this just isn't cutting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    They did mention in a tweet that if it's still not good enough they'll do something with the rotation.
    "Hi, we're Blizzard. If you don't like the problems we cause, just wait until you see our solutions!" Couldn't resist...

The only fix they can do is just reverting the focus nerf of sidewinders, and I expect that will happen.
    Far from the only thing they could fix. Just flipping PS to ramp down instead of up solves the "do I hold/waste this Mark proc?" would be a major help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

They gave Survival Disengage back finally. Thats a QOL change :P

But ye 7.1.5 was a terrible patch for many classes, hunters the most.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    They gave Survival Disengage back finally. Thats a QOL change :P

But ye 7.1.5 was a terrible patch for many classes, hunters the most.
    They should have deleted survival and given me my old spec back. That would be a QOL change.

Deleted
    Can someone plz tell me what QoL means?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchain View Post
    Can someone plz tell me what QoL means?
    Quality of Life, in case you aren't trolling me.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    Quality of Life, in case you aren't trolling me.
    I wasnt, but thanks Ive come across the word alot, but never figured out what it actually means

Deleted
    I really don't get you hunters. I mean cmon. You pick a hunter because you k ow you will get a fairly easy rotation, always be useful in raids and be the most, by far, mobile class in the game for pve(no one cares about Pvp). If you are expecting hard, engaging rotations go a dot class. There are plenty of them.

You guys literally had like three days of being lowest on the charts and now you whine like everything had been shit for years. You are acting like entitled children. You are playing the single best class for raiding as a dps. Not only that, you are extremely good in mythic plus aswell.

God

Edit:
    Oh and also. "I don't like the rotation of this spec, it's broken, fix it, you had all beta". Your opinion is not a fact. It's a fucking opinion. And it's not you class fantasy, it's blizzards. Don't like it? Give constructive feedback or stfu. Don't expect them to change things because you don't like them
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2017-01-15 at 08:20 AM.

This also raises a bigger concern because will they even bother to fix the class at all next xpac.
    There were multiple specs inviable by a mile for 3/4 of WOD on the promise that they would get "fixed" for legion and that didn't turn out great

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    Yes but, warlocks, hunters, mages and rogues always had at least 1 dps spec that was viable.

Warlocks and hunters always had at least 1 dps spec that was viable.

Mages and rogues (almost) always had at least 1 dps spec that was op.