Launch is less the 2 months away. It's pretty set in stone at this point. Any game releasing at launch basically has to already be gold.

I was mildly interested in the Switch (was even considering the possibility of buying one) up until the presentation. Now that I've watched it and know a lot more "set in stone" things about it, I've basically lost all interest. The only Nintendo "consoles" I've ever owned myself have been all their handheld devices (Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS XL, and now a New 3DS XL). And while the Switch is most likely replacing the 3DS, I have zero desire to invest in it now. While I was never a huge Nintendo fan to begin with, they've lost a potential customer, most likely for good, with their upcoming Switch.

Oh well. I guess that frees up all my game time for my X1 and PC going forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The problem with the switch for me is not the system itself. It's exactly what I thought it would be. It's the price point(not just the $300, the ridiculous accessory costs and paid online) and Nintendo not learning anything and once again having a dire launch window.

I'll probably get one either when Splatoon 2 or SMO comes out, but Nintendo can't fool me again with early adopting something that's going to collect dust for months.
    Paid online still pisses me off the most TBH and as you said earlier: is a blatant cash grab. Also, lol, "oh looky, kids you can play one NES/SNES classic for a month! Isn't that fantastic? Yay!"

Not getting a pro/more joy-cons unless I can snag them for $20-30 off.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't quite get why, but in my country (Denmark) it looks like it will cost €671 which is just blatantly too much. If it's true it will be cheaper to just import it, given that there's no region locking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    I don't quite get why, but in my country (Denmark) it looks like it will cost €671 which is just blatantly too much. If it's true it will be cheaper to just import it, given that there's no region locking.
    Looked if there was any prices up in Finnish stores. Only place I could find was GameStop with 400 €.

Yeah, that's just way too much. Goddamn this piece of shit country.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Andromeda was neeeeever gonna run on Switch. I don't care what they stuffed into it , it wasn't gonna happen. So that isn't really shocking. I am surprised though that EA didn't have something besides ME though.
    Word is Switch version of FIFA is based off 360/PS3 versions.

Which means Switch can't run frostbite.

Which means it's not getting shit for EA games since they're moving pretty much all of them onto frostbite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Looked if there was any prices up in Finnish stores. Only place I could find was GameStop with 400 €.

Yeah, that's just way too much. Goddamn this piece of shit country.
    So I just searched a few different stores and it seems that it was just a temporary price, because some stores seem to have it for €403 now. But you're absolutely right, that's way too much. They should've learned from their mistakes with the WiiU, instead it seems they just tried to do the same thing again but even worse (paid online, barely any new games).
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it can't run Frostbite then it definitely won't be getting KH3 which is kind of a shame.

Well I was hyped for BotW but I'm not dropping that much when the only other game I'm interested in is SMO qnd that's almost a year out.
    Even for someone like me who is interested in BotW, I won't buy a Switch for that, especially not when they have said it will launch on the same date for the WiiU which I already own. Also, according to Giant Bomb there's virtually no difference between the two versions; they both have frame drops and stutters (which is a shame).

If it can't run Frostbite then it definitely won't be getting KH3 which is kind of a shame.

Well I was hyped for BotW but I'm not dropping that much when the only other game I'm interested in is SMO qnd that's almost a year out.
    KH3 is UE4 not Frostbite. The SMT game they announced for switch is running on UE4. UE4 is really scalable, so any games on it could be downgraded pretty hard if they really wanted to make ports happen. Still I don't see it happening, and I think regardless most people would rather play the game on PS4 or have it ported to PC in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

So let's take time to point out how full of shit the "leaks" where.

No Mario/Rabbids RPG.
    No Beyond Good and Evil 2.
    No Mother 3 port.
    Zelda isn't a launch title, oh wait it is a launch title but only in NA oh wait it's a launch title everywhere.
    Smash 4 port no where to be found.
    Splatoon port comes with system... oh wait it's a sequel not coming out until months later.
    Dark Souls 3 is running on the system!(LUL)

Granted some of these things could still happen, but you would think if they where anywhere close to accurate they would of been showing some of this instead of wasting time with Sega and EA excecs talking about non existent games they have no footage of.

- - - Updated - - -

Even for someone like me who is interested in BotW, I won't buy a Switch for that, especially not when they have said it will launch on the same date for the WiiU which I already own. Also, according to Giant Bomb there's virtually no difference between the two versions; they both have frame drops and stutters (which is a shame).
    Reports I was watching and reading after I woke up said the Wii U and undocked Switch versions(which are both 720p) run better then the docked version(which runs at 900p). As we have seen with ps4 pro even increasing resolution comes at a cost even when you're getting more juice out of the hardware. Seems the frame rate is sketchy in docked mode because of the forced res bump. Knowing Nintendo they won't give you the option of running docked mode at 720p for better performance either.

Also all comparisons to the Wii U version are from a 7 month old build. The fact people are saying the e3 build ran better then the docked version is red flags all over for me, that Wii U version has 7 months of polish added to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reports I was watching and reading after I woke up said the Wii U and undocked Switch versions(which are both 720p) run better then the docked version(which runs at 900p). As we have seen with ps4 pro even increasing resolution comes at a cost even when you're getting more juice out of the hardware. Seems the frame rate is sketchy in docked mode because of the forced res bump. Knowing Nintendo they won't give you the option of running docked mode at 720p for better performance either.
    God, that is so stupid. I JUST WANT TO LOVE YOU, NINTENDO. ALL YOU HAD TO WAS MAKE A MID TIER CONSOLE AND YOU WOULD'VE HAD ME ON BOARD!

I know it's UE4 but SE has already had to heavily, heavily modify it because it isn't enough for what they want it to do which is the main reason for the delay since the announcement. There is no way they can downgrade from that to switch if switch can't even handle a mostly unaltered frostbite im the form of FIFA was what I meant.
    I'll hold out until we see some new builds but the demo in 2.8 still looks like a slightly upgraded PS3 game ala Persona 5. Nothing graphically impressive at all. Ni No Kuni 2 looks more impressive graphically and it's a much lower budget game.

If KH3 starts looking like Ratchet and Clank I would agree, but right now it's not even close.

So much negativity. I can't wait to pick this thing up and dive into BOTW and that new Mario game looks great. They're even talking about Metroid... How can someone be so against this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    So much negativity. I can't wait to pick this thing up and dive into BOTW and that new Mario game looks great. They're even talking about Metroid... How can someone be so against this?
    Because it's shit. Nintendo did nothing else but disappoint over the last decade or so and a lot of people are fed up with this crap they're pulling. Besides that they're not learning from their mistakes at all and just continue to be ignorant.

The problems are not with Zelda and Mario...

10+ Year Old Account
    Just import it from german Amazon if you want to pre-order one. Including VAT it's still about ~200 euros cheaper than what local retailers want, id assume same goes for denmark. Seems to be in the range of about ~300 euros less for denmark per google.
    Last edited by zealo; 2017-01-14 at 12:47 PM.

This is what I don't get. It's region free. So Canada can just buy it from the states and EU can just buy it wherever it's cheapest. Their goal was 299 but they didn't bother to keep it

- - - Updated - - -

Becuase botw is launching at the same time for wiiu and mario is a year away. If you pick it up just for zelda you're stupid. It literally only has 5 games and I know you ain't getting just dance and skylanders and the only Gane you'll play in the go is zelda. And you know their vc is shit to. Look at the wiiu it look years to have a decent VC and it still doesn't have much compared to the wii
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I ended up preordering the damn thing on Amazon along with PuyoPuyo Tetris and Zelda. I'll get Project Arms (game looks like a fantastic mix of Powerstone, Punch-Out, and Virtual-On) and Mario Kart 8: D shortly after.
    I've had the Switch Amazon page opened in a tab for a while and have it set to send me email notifications, but I just keep seeing "currently unavailable" D: Did the preorders sell out THAT fast?
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    I've had the Switch Amazon page opened in a tab for a while and have it set to send me email notifications, but I just keep seeing "currently unavailable" D: Did the preorders sell out THAT fast?
    Preorders where live for like 2 hours 3:30-5:30 AM estish friday morning. They didn't sell out that fast, but did go live in the middle of the night. I think the neon preorders went live later in the day as well.

Preorders are still up on gamestop if you want one.

Preorders where live for like 2 hours 3:30-5:30 AM estish friday morning. They didn't sell out that fast, but did go live in the middle of the night. I think the neon preorders went live later in the day as well.

Preorders are still up on gamestop if you want one.
    Guess I just got unlucky. I woke up at about 6 AM EST and trained until 9 AM then went to sleep at 10 AM. No go on Gamestop because my state doesn't tax online transactions, but brick and mortars do if you order online from them. No idea why Amazon didn't send me an email about preorders going up, that's fucking ridiculous. I have both Switches signed up for notifications and I got nothing about either of them.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Deleted
    Its because of your counties taxes and so on.

Btw, I love Nintendos art style in games but damn is it annoying to still see shitty AA in their games. Like the new mario game, when he was in the city, man that looked bad :/

I love Nintendo games but if I buy a swtich, that will be later down the road.

Like, whats the actual specs? Do we know all specs yet or is it speculation? Always been pretty much on Nintendos side but man Im annoyed when they cant even use propper AA for their stylised games in this age.

If you are heavy in to handheld gaming I guess its amazing but besides that, seems like an extremly minor upgrade from Wii U, if it even is an upgrade?
    Last edited by mmocbc4c51efd3; 2017-01-14 at 01:30 PM.