Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Did you even read my post? Christ.

People do rise. If you aren't rising, why is that? Maybe it's because you're just not good.
    I read enough to have an educated guess about you. "If you can't do that, maybe you deserve the rank you are at."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Well, drop that attitude. Thinking a loss is inevitable is exactly why you are losing.
    So my "attitude" makes people disconnect, play to lose or refuse to adjust to the other teams comp'? I think you are attributing greater power to me than I have. I always play to win, I can do nothing about how the other five people play. If you think you can, you're delusional.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Ive never gone down more the 200 rating. Maybe youve been placed to high. I have no issue boosting a group under 2200 rating also i play hanzo on attack and defense alot, hanzo dva tracer main here 3700 rated. Blaming hanzo is bullshit exscuse

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Ive never gone down more the 200 rating. Maybe youve been placed to high. I have no issue boosting a group under 2200 rating also i play hanzo on attack and defense alot, hanzo dva tracer main here 3700 rated. Blaming hanzo is bullshit exscuse
    Its not the class, its the players who flock to him. 90% of the Hanzos I see do more or less nothing.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I write this in a combination of panic and frustration.

I was 2500 rated the other day, doing fine, and now I get placed in one trash team after another. You know, teams with Hanzo on attack, with 0 voice and with no game sense.

I am now at 1400 rating and it just keep going down. I feel like I'm placed in some kind of cursed matchmaking pool. I have 29 losses in a row now.

During these 29 games I got 103 gold medals. That's on avarage 3,5 per game. I know you don't win with medals but it show that I at least try quite hard.

I'm getting seriously depressed now. EVERY game is a loss now and I fear I will actually hit 0 rating.

What can I do? Is there any way to find people to play with? I have 0 friends who play this and everyone I play with is quite bad. Am I doomed or how can I get out of this?

Gacnac#1484 here. S2 top 500, grandmaster this season and very close. sometimes it is really luck dependent on who you get and their willingness to co-operate, but 29 games in a row is a very long streak to chalk up to luck. especially when the opponents are getting worse and worse as it goes along. try asking in team chat for them to join voice chat. being polite gets you a very far way, and ego boosting your teammates has always helped me personally. Gives them more confidence. Either way the common denominator in a 29 game loss streak is that you are in each of those games. With a bit of work, co-operation and luck you can start to climb again.

PS: Attack hanzo is the ONLY way to play Hanzo at high ranks. The pick potential is extremely beneficial to attack, while the lack consistency is a detriment to defense

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I read enough to have an educated guess about you. "If you can't do that, maybe you deserve the rank you are at."
    Maybe you should actually read full posts instead of making 'educated guesses', lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    God forbid people play just to play. Your enjoyment is more tied to your rating than the game, that's a problem.
    Some people get enjoyment from both the game AND the competitive aspects that can come from it.
    Shocker, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Yeah, either you can carry the team or you deserve to be losing overall rank.

That sounds like good ol' balance, alright
    Well, yeah.

If you put a 2500 player in a 1400 game they will statistically have a big positive impact on the game.

Duo queue with somebody of the rating that you believe that you should be, play sane heroes (soldier is a great example) and you will have an easy time if you're 500sr below your actual rating, freewins if it's 1000sr.
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2017-01-12 at 11:13 PM.

no no no

2500 is the big entry level of ELO hell, where all new players begin. You need to be well above 2500 to not potentially be just as bad as the 1400.

The thing with the bad streaks is when you've lost a match you're likely to get teamed up with others that just did the same.
    Hence getting even worse team than last round, and this continues as the losing streak builds, get teamed up with others in same situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Some people get enjoyment from both the game AND the competitive aspects that can come from it.
    Shocker, I know.
    Considering people are STOPPING the game after losing a single game because of how it affects their rating I'd say one seems to matter a hell of a lot more.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Its not the class, its the players who flock to him. 90% of the Hanzos I see do more or less nothing.
    I've seen you consistently blaming your team over and over for your games but I have never seen you offer up your btag to back it up.

Why is that?

- - - Updated - - -

Considering people are STOPPING the game after losing a single game because of how it affects their rating I'd say one seems to matter a hell of a lot more.
    Really wouldn't be much of an issue if cps weren't linked to your rank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    I've seen you consistently blaming your team over and over for your games but I have never seen you offer up your btag to back it up.
    Not sure what you think that would prove one way or another... and I don't blame my team, I blame people who play to lose, which the lower ranks seem to be full of.

-Kujako-

Not sure what you think that would prove one way or another... and I don't blame my team, I blame people who play to lose, which the lower ranks seem to be full of.
    Well, it would show if you are playing a diverse set to fill roles needed, important stats for winning, and overall performance in the game for someone stating repeatedly they should be at a higher rating.

I also hate to break it to you but those people playing to lose and troll aren't going to go away except MAYBE in the top 500.

Deleted
    I blame people who play to lose, which the lower ranks seem to be full of.
    Yea, they are just as often on opposing team as they are on your team. In the end, it comes down to your own skill.

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    no no no

2500 is the big entry level of ELO hell, where all new players begin. You need to be well above 2500 to not potentially be just as bad as the 1400.

The thing with the bad streaks is when you've lost a match you're likely to get teamed up with others that just did the same.
    Hence getting even worse team than last round, and this continues as the losing streak builds, get teamed up with others in same situation.
    There is no entry level into elo hell, elo hell is where you've reached the skill level you play at and cannot climb higher because you aren't better than that rating, there's this common misconception where people believe they cannot climb because of their team, I can assure you bad games happen but over an extended period of time the same bad players you get in your games are also on the other side, if you cannot climb from whatever rating you are "stuck" at it is plainly because you are doing something WRONG and need to improve.

The biggest roadblock people have that stops them from climbing is their own ego,check out what the dunning-kruger effect means:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunnin...3Kruger_effect.

Now maybe people need to admit they suck and improve instead of whine on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    There is no entry level into elo hell, elo hell is where you've reached the skill level you play at and cannot climb higher because you aren't better than that rating, there's this common misconception where people believe they cannot climb because of their team, I can assure you bad games happen but over an extended period of time the same bad players you get in your games are also on the other side, if you cannot climb from whatever rating you are "stuck" at it is plainly because you are doing something WRONG and need to improve.

The biggest roadblock people have that stops them from climbing is their own ego,check out what the dunning-kruger effect means:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunnin...3Kruger_effect.

Now maybe people need to admit they suck and improve instead of whine on forums.
    This is really is not how the big picture looks in the solo queue. I could agree with everything when it considers 1v1 games like Starcraft or FPS duels. But in a 6v6 environment you need to highly outclass the average skill level of your comp in order to carry and push for the win solo. Even more so in Overwatch than in LoL or DOTA2 where a decent player can get fed and use the snowball effect. To put on some numbers, if you are a true 3000 skill rating player, you may push a 2000 match into your favor alone. But if you are 2500, it might not be enough. You will loose and drop below 2000 even though your "true" skill rating is 2500. What you said would probably be accurate for Overwatch, but only when a given player will play a massive amount of games and simple math will take effect. But if you play 20-30 games per week, your results will vary greatly depending from what kind of players you roll into both teams. And sometimes even those player might not be bad. Maybe you get a player who is great as Roadhog, but he picked Lucio because nobody else did. There are so much more factors when compared to 1v1 games. In 1v1 games ELO system will place you where you belong fairly quickly. In Overwatch it may take, depending from your luck, far far longer. And even then, the "final" result will always be susceptible to big sways depending from same random-ish effect. Only the moving average may be somewhat accurate.
    Last edited by Awe; 2017-01-14 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post

Eh we need to talk about what elo hell means.

I think of it the ranks where you never get a decent team comp there are trolls galore. Not a place where I would get stuck at a certain ranking.

From my experience anything below 2500 is filled with that shit. I encounter it all the time when I play with lower ranked friends. It doesn't really bother me a whole bunch considering those people wouldn't be at those rankings without deserving to be there for poor gameplay anyways.

Either wait for the season to end and start fresh in the next one or just keep playing and doing your best, because honestly it does get better. I've been in your shoes multiple times, so has my friend, we both managed to climb back out of the shit tier, but it did require a lot of patience and tolerance as the people in that tier make you want to punch your monitor almost every match.

I believe they mean stop playing competitive.

There's nothing wrong with switching back to quick play if you're tilted.

Did my placement matches this season, stomped the enemy teams 5 times in a row, then got stomped 5 times in a row. Lost 600SR compared to last season and stopped playing ranked, because I have better things to do than getting punished for a failing matchmaking system that placed me in 10 completely unbalanced games.