I'm 885 arms with gloves legs belt. I'm kind of liking fury do you guys think it's going to be better or equal in NH?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    I'm 885 arms with gloves legs belt. I'm kind of liking fury do you guys think it's going to be better or equal in NH?
    Arms will be still ahead. NH is full of ST or high priority encounters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    Arms will be still ahead. NH is full of ST or high priority encounters.
    funny ive heard the exact opposite. that there is only like 2 single target fights and plenty of fights with cleave / AoE where fury will shine
    this is just what ive heard though. the only fights in there ive seen are krosus and skorpyron

Quote Originally Posted by Destram View Post
    Sadly i do not have the helmet but at 890 ilvl i definitely do have problems with frothing berserker. It's definitely a dps boost from before the patch but damn it really does just feel like shit to play. You have to waste rage by doing an extra bloodthirst/raging blow or two to force yourself to reach the cap and it just feels really weird and wrong to do that. I have an inner conflict with myself almost every single time i have the option to rampage but stop myself from pressing it.

I had to make a weak aura that just puts an indicator on the middle of my screen when i am at 100 rage and i just try to focus on that. I actively have to try ignore the glowing rampage button and just keep doing my rotation as normal until the big indicator on my screen shows up. It feels horrible and i really don't like it at all.
    Yeah it's a struggle for me right now to tell my muscle memory not to press rampage as soon as it glows! Slowly getting there but overall I am quite enjoying the new FB/RA style. A noticeable increase in overall dps too.

Deleted
    Skorpyron - ST
    Chronomatic Anomaly - ST burst on big add
    Trilliax - ST
    Spellblade Aluriel - Burst AoE/Cleave
    Star Augur Etraeus - ST
    High Botanist Tel'arn - ST, minor target switching
    Krosus - ST, add waves every 1 min or so, need spread cleave/AoE
    Tichondrius - Burst AoE(Or lots of ST, can depend on tuning on Mythic early on)
    Elisande - Priority target switching
    Gul'dan - A bit of everything, multi-dotters like P1/P2, P3 seems to be a lot more ST oriented, with the occasional add wave still(P2 and P3 are sort of like Mannoroth Mythic in terms of damage needs, 1 big add every so often and lots of small fuckers).

These are the fight in NH

It was posted by Tehterokkar in http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-ST-Cleave-AoE topic. So as u can see, NH is ST + Prio adds most of the time or AoE burst with ST.

Skorpyron - ST
    Trilliax - ST
    Star Augur Etraeus - ST
    Gul'dan - A bit of everything, multi-dotters like P1/P2, P3 seems to be a lot more ST oriented, with the occasional add wave still(P2 and P3 are sort of like Mannoroth Mythic in terms of damage needs, 1 big add every so often and lots of small fuckers).

These are the fight in NH
    ST heavy specs are always useful, arms being one of those will nearly always be useful in a raid comp. Saying that tho, unless sth changes, Fury warriors are gonna be better coming into NH (assuming you are playing on a casual-semi hardcore environment) since they are currently comparable to Arms in terms of ST dps (taking example from guarm mythic where fury is around 4% behind arms in pure single target ), while being clearly superior in terms of AoE/Cleave and much more safe to play ( they take 20-15% (if you also have legendary back you negate 4% extra from increased healing taken too) more dmg while averaging without enrage around 30% more health, and 50% more self-healing than arms warriors do. Also, after arms 2p-4p swap and nerf, bost specs dps gains from sets are quite similar, thus eliminating the extra point arms warriors would have with set bonuses. Finally fury's stats are really close in terms of values as archimtiros stated in another post, meaning they wont have that much of a difficulty on picking gear as an arms will with its mastery heavy prio.

Taking all those things into account its really difficult to say that arms is still clearly ahead and most likely we will have to wait for the actual patch to watch which spec is gonna edge by a bit the other one. The only thing for sure tho, is that fury is currently much more versatile of a class having more options to play a wider variety of fights than the one arms has.

P.S. needless, but i would like to say that my personal belief is that most top progress guilds are probably gonna use arms ( if they are gonna use warriors at all... ) since most of the top warrior players played arms spec for that long (are more used to it) and have it on 54 artifact traits ( which is a really huge boost compared with the actual difference the two specs have in performance) but fury will be the ones having the edge on making logs since in lots of fights you have quite many chances to whore/cleave/aoe dps off other things.

Skorpyron - ST
    Trilliax - ST
    Star Augur Etraeus - ST

These are the fight in NH .
    Doesn't Skorpyron have waves of adds?

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    Billions of mini scorpians, hide behind some rocks, back on boss and repeat. At least when I tested it.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    at least on mythic that is going to be constant 3 target cleave... i wonder if arms with new sweeping strikes is gonna be better than fury on that

Quote Originally Posted by groceryguy View Post
    at least on mythic that is going to be constant 3 target cleave... i wonder if arms with new sweeping strikes is gonna be better than fury on that
    That fight is not a constant 3 target cleave. It is 2 targets with the 3rd far as shit away. It's also extremely melee unfriendly with a lot of dps downtime. Don't bet on being decent on this fight as fury or arms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    Yeah, but adds are not important there tho, they are dying from cleave really fast. And boss has a phase where he receive 40% dmg. That is the reason why this fight is more about ST dmg

To sum up, aoe classes will parse higher there, but ST classes will do the job in killing boss.

Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    Ye those shoulders are Worst legendary we can get. Would rather have FUCKING SPEED BOOTS !!!
    Isnt foresight a bitch, guess what dropped for me tonight....

That's 3/4 trash legs so far, here's hoping for early NH trinkets.

How do you guys find fury handles m+? Thinking speed runs and pushing progress... Maiming havoc and have fury at 104 so far, feels like nothing will compete with my demonic build dh in m+ but hoping fury can.

Would War Machine be useful for Skorpyron or would the uptime not be high enough? What about Wrecking Ball?

Deleted
    Adds spawn every 20 seconds out of vulnerability, so it should be rather effective in itself. It could be really good if your raid dps is such that adds spawning lines up with vulnerability periods (like adds spawning just before triggering it).

But if you just want to kill the boss and not pad meters, ST damage is where it's at, seeing as adds will just die quickly with most raid comps. For instance I raid with 2 afflocks, 2 frost DKs, 2 DH and 3 mages, so I'm pretty sure I won't be needed on the adds, might as well focus on killing the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnTorpedo View Post
    Adds spawn every 20 seconds out of vulnerability, so it should be rather effective in itself. It could be really good if your raid dps is such that adds spawning lines up with vulnerability periods (like adds spawning just before triggering it).

But if you just want to kill the boss and not pad meters, ST damage is where it's at, seeing as adds will just die quickly with most raid comps. For instance I raid with 2 afflocks, 2 frost DKs, 2 DH and 3 mages, so I'm pretty sure I won't be needed on the adds, might as well focus on killing the boss.
    thing is, if you have more than ~50% uptime on war machine your ST dps will be higher than with endless rage, and since you can just use WW once over FS to proc it from the adds it should be gucci.

Deleted
    yeah, but will it be worth it if the adds don't line up with the 40% damage taken increase on the boss ?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnTorpedo View Post
    yeah, but will it be worth it if the adds don't line up with the 40% damage taken increase on the boss ?
    since they spawn every 20s, might aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    How did everybody do tonight with gear drops and performance? Fury seems pretty good on all the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

I have a question for you fellow fury warriors...
    Which 4 pieces of the set are you looking to get, since the only good piece is the helm... which is already reserved for our legendary.
    I feel like we have to gimp ourselves to hard to get the 4piece set bonus.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I answered my own question...
    Forgot the cape was BiS aswell, so there actually isn't anything else to pick except the items that are left...
    That... blows...
    Last edited by Epialt; 2017-01-18 at 07:45 AM.