Page 1 of 2
LastLast

SPriest Nighthold gear

Any one else concerned about Shadow Priest Gear in Nighthold? Are we not haste driven? I'm seeing very little gear overall that has haste > other stats.
    In a world of deceit, open your eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you reached the GCD?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Have you reached the GCD?
    Sims are being redone for raid as we just got a tiny nerf yesterday, but 10k to 12k haste should be a goal. Haste loses a lot of value after 12k and you should go mastery heavy after that. No less than 4k crit either, as a guideline. Not sure what you mean "have you reached the gcd" - there is no break point, what exactly are you trying to convey?
    Last edited by Sockie; 2017-01-14 at 04:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockie View Post
    Sims are being redone for raid as we just got a tiny nerf yesterday, but 10k to 12k haste should be a goal. Haste loses a lot of value after 12k and you should go mastery heavy after that. No less than 4k crit either, as a guideline. Not sure what you mean "have you reached the gcd" - there is no break point, what exactly are you trying to convey?
    This isn't necessarily true after the mega nerf. 11% to SWP and 14% to VT changes the value of mastery, etc

Deleted
    Nope, priority remains the same, even after the upcoming nerf. Stay between 12 and 13k haste and rest mastery. You generally want around 4k crit, but it seems this is even less important now. Thankfully there are a bunch of haste mastery items in NH, so you will mostly juggle gems and enchants, and maybe trinkets to keep your haste stationary while gradually growing mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Starmind View Post
    ... the mega nerf...
    Fail @ Maths and Class Balance. It's not a mega nerf. Now we're just back in line with the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Starmind View Post
    This isn't necessarily true after the mega nerf. 11% to SWP and 14% to VT changes the value of mastery, etc
    This is exactly true with the nerfs. If you read my post before commenting I did say "yesterday" (check time of post) and adding trigger words like "necessarily" don't help your argument, it wont save you from having no idea what you're talking about.
    Last edited by Sockie; 2017-01-18 at 04:08 PM.

It'll be hard to stay around ~12k haste rating in pure Heroic NH gear. Most likely it'll drop somewhere between ~10-11k unless you can get Haste from other sources with a lucky TF proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Caladia View Post
    It'll be hard to stay around ~12k haste rating in pure Heroic NH gear. Most likely it'll drop somewhere between ~10-11k unless you can get Haste from other sources with a lucky TF proc.
    Erratic Metronome should be on everyone's list as it has 70-79% uptime on encounters. It's a huge source of haste especially if you're using a ghetto version of the 4pc until you get them all.

You should expect 1500 Haste from Metronome on short pulls (like 15 sec trash).

On boss encunters, it would be jumping between 2 and 3 stacks a lot more often, favoring 3 (66% vs 33%) -- 2250 -1500 = 750 * 2/3 = 1500 + 500 = 2000 effective haste.

So ~2000 effective Haste for Metro. And thats assuming a proc exactly every 4sec

That's good to know, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cymocethia View Post
    Fail @ Maths and Class Balance. It's not a mega nerf. Now we're just back in line with the others.
    Look at heroic logs and then talk how in line we are. If you think this nerf was justified you are delusional.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDaemon View Post
    Look at heroic logs and then talk how in line we are. If you think this nerf was justified you are delusional.
    Lets get real here. We needed a nerf, however the nerf we got hurt our single target too much. Our multidott was way too strong, now it's still strong, but not OP anymore. Nerfing all our spells, and the best legendary at the same time was a bit shit on their part. They should realy revert the 4% blanket nerf, to restore some single target.

Heroic logs over the course of 1 day (since it has been open for that much): warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#sample=1

Shadows are at 3rd spot at 75th percentile. I think that can be considered as "in line" with other classes, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Elofyn View Post
    Heroic logs over the course of 1 day (since it has been open for that much): warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#sample=1

Shadows are at 3rd spot at 75th percentile. I think that can be considered as "in line" with other classes, eh?
    Go to specific bosses. There is only 1 boss where SP shines. On all other SP is middle of the pack or worse.

Yup... You fail at Maths and Class Balance. GG

Go to specific bosses. There is only 1 boss where SP shines. On all other SP is middle of the pack or worse.
    Just a very quick flick through shows shadow is top 3 on 3 bosses. Top 7 on 2 bosses. Mid pack on others and low on Trilliax and Skorpyron. How could you ask for more than that? Again in this thread i see talk about boosting shadows' single target, for heaven's sake. When will people get you can't really be strong on all fights? Unless you're spec is completely OP?

If im going to be middle of the pack, i want middle of the pack aoe too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cymocethia View Post
    Yup... You fail at Maths and Class Balance. GG
    I mean no offense to you but you are not even raiding mythic, how do you know which classes are balanced?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Just a very quick flick through shows shadow is top 3 on 3 bosses. Top 7 on 2 bosses. Mid pack on others and low on Trilliax and Skorpyron. How could you ask for more than that? Again in this thread i see talk about boosting shadows' single target, for heaven's sake. When will people get you can't really be strong on all fights? Unless you're spec is completely OP?
    SP doesn't have to be strong on all fights. But we got nerfed both in ST and MT. They should increase dmg on MB and MF to compensate for dots. Also who said we can't be kings of the cleave?

Did people really get this soft because priest was never strong in the past so they are fine when we get huge nerfs?

So many fotm rerollers upset that they can't be #1 of everything anymore. The ones who are #1 at everything will be nerfed... Blizz has stated they don't want 1 spec to be good at everything, they want specs to have strengths and weaknesses. Our strength is cleave. Single target slightly above average, AoE bad. That's about what I expect to see. Best at A, decent at B, garbage at C. If anything, they need to tune other classes to follow this methodology.

It was already mentioned by Blizz they're doing another tuning pass on classes in the upcoming weeks. Will see how this hashes out. I don't expect nerfs or buffs to us.

Getting back on the original topic; I was looking through the gear, and maintaining Haste is going to be really hard.
    Haste seems to be secondary on a lot of the gear, and absent from a lot of the rest. A few of the pieces where Haste is primary it's Haste/Vers with Haste only slightly ahead.
    The Set seems very Haste light.

It seems you need to be very lucky with sockets and titanforging to be well geared from Nighthold. Shame.