Page 17 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    So what you are saying is that you WANT insurance prices to skyrocket then?

The math is pretty straightforward here: The more people that are paying for insurance, the less insurance costs overall. The fines exist because every uninsured person who gets treated for something costs every insured person money because the people who pay for insurance are the ones footing the bill for the uninsured.

The only valid reason anyone would have for wanting the fines gone is if they are a fucking mooch who doesn't want to pay insurance, but still wants to get treated at hospitals at the expense of everyone else.
    Feel free to prove that those people are only moocher and want to expense everyone else. This is exactly what UHC does, so I guess you would be against a single payer system too, since if someone was homeless or visiting needed healthcare they would be covered but clearly aren't paying taxes here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    The easiest way to fix it would be to repeal the law requiring hospitals to treat people who have no insurance and no money to pay for service. It would lower costs for all the responsible people who bought insurance and eliminate the 12 hour waits for a bed in the emergency room
    We have a form of universal healthcare here(we still got private insurances), and you don't need to wait that long for a bed if you go to the ER.
    Speaking from experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    The stupid increasing penalty for not having health insurance is why i glad its gone.
    And fuck the poor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    And how did they manage before Obamacare?
    they were dieing in the streets don't you remember the piles of dead bodies on every corner.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Sure, if Republicans keep the preexisting conditions clause that would be great. But since they haven't rallied around a single plan, despite having several years to do so, I'm going to err on the side of caution.

And if they're going to keep all the good parts, then don't repeal it. Just fix it. I mean, you have to pay for those good parts somehow.
    nust because your blind hatred for anything republican keeps you from seeing something it doesn't mean it doesn't exist
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    they were dieing in the streets don't you remember the piles of dead bodies on every corner.
    Have you managed to avoid the multiple links showing the tens of thousands of annual deaths caused by your sorry excuse for a healthcare system?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i mean, Im glad you had acceptable healthcare that was affordable before hand. Not everyone did, and people with pre-existing conditions were screwed.

The problem is that the ACA requires people to not be selfish, and that is a considerable tall order when people consider their own bottom doller first, and regard other people in other states as just statistics. Also, seems like the drug issues is with pharm companies being greedy, not with the ACA itself. The ACA didnt force Mylan to jump the price of the epipen by 500$.
    You entirely missed the point. The point is all they needed to do with a stroke of a pen to provide healthcare to these people was to expand Medicaid. The bulk of the people covered are now on Medicaid. They can't afford a policy under the ACA, which also the point. Drugs are a completely utter matter unto themselves. The fact that premiums are through the roof and the other fact that deductibles are so high that one will never ever meet the deductible and will continue to pay massively out of pocket each and every year. That eat at least a 1/3, if not more income that is not actually going into the economy to purchase goods like big ticket items. When people are having to decide between paying for the healthcare they need and paying their other bills. Some of those other bills have to go unpaid.

It is not selfish when you have to decide whether you eat or pay for health insurance. It is not selfish when 1/5 of the economy is turned completely on its head. Part of the reason for stagnation over the past 6 or so years. Is people having to pay so much for healthcare they literally have zero disposable income to even buy enough food to eat, much less a car or a house. Like said above me and my wife both each had HMO's through our employer. The cost to us per month for those HMO's was less than we are paying for one insurance plan under the ACA. That has so much mandatory garbage attached to it that we will never ever use.

Our deductible under the ACA plan is 3 times more than it was to be cover under two HMO plans. Another kicker here is we are paying massively more out of pocket and we have 4 people under the plan and still do not meet the deductible cap even by the end of the year, so we are not only paying for the health insurance plan every month, but we are also paying for everything when we have to go to the doctor or have some sort of test done. The insurance is in effect worthless, it just eat more and more income and pay for nothing. The things is here millions of other people are getting the exact same thing and having to live the exact same way as us.

You have no idea what selfish is. I would rather give more money to the homeless shelter or give more food to the food pantry, then feed the ACA insurance beast that has literally strapped millions of people from being able to live properly from day to day. One has to consider their own bottom dollar, if they are a truly responsible person. Not having enough money to pay your bills in a timely manor is something that millions of people now have a very tough time doing. This having to pass something to know what is in it or you can keep your doctor, or all the other endless slogans that were sold to the public over this Obamanation was nothing more than a massive scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    We have a form of universal healthcare here(we still got private insurances), and you don't need to wait that long for a bed if you go to the ER.
    Speaking from experience.

- - - Updated - - -

And fuck the poor?
    My mom cant afford the insurance and she cant afford the fee. Obamacare already fucked the poor
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

My mom cant afford the insurance and she cant afford the fee. Obamacare already fucked the poor
    If a person makes so little they can't afford the insurance its subsidized. You are making things up.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    If a person makes so little they can't afford the insurance its subsidized. You are making things up.
    She has already too many payments already
    So stop acting like you know everything.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    ehhhh the ACA is pretty hairy. If you're literally under the poverty line, then yeah you get a nice tax benefit or get covered by Medicaid. If you're just above or in the 30k a year household bracket, which is pretty common, you'll be shelling out a fair bit more on top of your expenses this year even with your credit applied.

ACA coverage was pretty affordable for that bracket at the start of the plan. But as more insurers back out and less healthy people are enrolling, those costs are just adding up each year that get passed on to the people who are supposed to have, or need it, but don't fall under the super low income level for the big breaks or Medicaid. Pretty much paying a car payment for insurance that has a deductible too high to ever really see usage except for catastrophic coverage, and rates and deductibles are only expected to climb each year.

edit: That said, I support the ACA. I just think it needs more revision versus repeal.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2017-01-14 at 04:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Two ways

1. Go to emergency room and get treatment, be unable to pay bills and declare bankruptcy, taxpayers proceed to foot the bill.

2. They fucking died.
    Sounds reasonable for a civilised country? Not sure why you think this is a problem. Oh wait, cos we tossed the whole "let sick and old people die" thing out the window when we evolved from apes... someone tell Trump that other humans aren't literally resources that just appear on statistics. But I'm in Germany, so I should probably shut up. Good luck guys!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    The ACA isn't perfect. Problems definitely exist. Some people are affected greater than others. Healthcare costs and premiums have been rising for decades, and they have continued to rise under the ACA.
    This true that healthcare continues to go up and the ACA made it worse, not better. They did not have to further screw the damn system up. They bulk of the new people that got health insurance under the ACA ended up on Medicaid. If the president was hell bent on using a pen and a phone, then he should of just expanded Medicaid and left the rest of what was already there alone. ACA not perfect, the ACA is an Obamanation that has further strapped more and more millions of people that while not living a massively wonderful exist, were still able to go on vacation, provide for their families, give more time and money to their own communities. The list goes on as to how much of a sucking sound that Obamacare takes out of millions upon millions of people each and every year. The ACA is garbage and they knew that when they passed it and made it law. Not one part of it outside of pre-existing conditions justifies the cost this Obamanation has literally done to millions of people over time.

The fine continues to be cheaper alternative for many of these young people that were depended upon for this whole thing to be paid for. That part of the scam alone should of clued so many more millions of people into the fact that this garbage was never ever going to get to where our so called fearless leader said it was going too. In fact he stood in front of the public not once, but many many times and literally lied through his damn teeth as well as Reid, Pelosi, and every other clown that walked up to mic over the period before passage.

The Republican were right to stand in opposition to this abortion I would not want my name attached to this garbage either. This garbage should of never been made into law and it is going to be a fine day when it is literally gone or at least the mandate part of this mess. There are so many ways they could of gone with healthcare and they literally made more of a mess, than they actually help the system and the situation for millions.

The keep say that 20 million got coverage under this mess. What they won't say is how these people are still not able to actually used their insurance or meet their deductible in order for the health insurance to even pay for a pill, much less an operation or some sort of testing. Most of these people can't find a doctor that will even take the insurance and for some that do they do so when in various limitations, so they are not burden with the cost themselves. The dirty dark secrets of Obamanation care is that is does not work, has never worked, and for many it continue to be the noose that keeps getting tighter each and every single time the have to go to a doctor or have some sort of test done. What is wrong with the ACA can't be fixed, it is a cancer than needs to be rooted out before it takes more and more millions of people completely down the drain.
    Last edited by Apexis; 2017-01-14 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apexis View Post
    This true that healthcare continues to go up and the ACA made it worse, not better. They did not have to further screw the damn system up. They bulk of the new people that got health insurance under the ACA ended up on Medicaid. If the president was hell bent on using a pen and a phone, then he should of just expanded Medicaid and left the rest of what was already there alone. ACA not perfect, the ACA is an Obamanation that has further strapped more and more millions of people that while not living a massively wonderful exist, were still able to go on vacation, provide for their families, give more time and money to their own communities. The list goes on as to how much of a sucking sound that Obamacare takes out of millions upon millions of people each and every year. The ACA is garbage and they knew that when they passed it and made it law. Not one part of it outside of pre-existing conditions justifies the cost this Obamanation has literally done to millions of people over time.

The fine continues to be cheaper alternative for many of these young people that were depended upon for this whole thing to be paid for. That part of the scam alone should of clued so many more millions of people into the fact that this garbage was never ever going to get to where our so called fearless leader said it was going too. In fact he stood in front of the public not once, but many many times and literally lied through his damn teeth as well as Reid, Pelosi, and every other clown that walked up to mic over the period before passage.

The Republican were right to stand in options to this abortion I would not want my name attached to this garbage either. This garbage should of never been made into law and it is going to be a fine day when it is literally gone or at least the mandate part of this mess. There are so many ways they could of gone with healthcare and they literally made more of a mess, than they actually help the system and the situation for millions.

The keep say that 20 million got coverage under this mess. What they won't say is how these people are still not able to actually used their insurance or meet their deductible in order for the health insurance to even pay for a pill, much less an operation or some sort of testing. Most of these people can't find a doctor that will even take the insurance and for some that do they do so when in various limitations, so they are not burden with the cost themselves. The dirty dark secrets of Obamanation care is that is does not work, has never worked, and for many it continue to be the noose that keeps getting tighter each and every single time the have to go to a doctor or have some sort of test done. What is wrong with the ACA can't be fixed, it is a cancer than needs to be rooted out before it takes more and more millions of people completely down the drain.
    The Republicans are largely the reason it launched as the abortion it did though. That's the ultimate irony. The Republicans refused to pass it without certain provisions to guarantee the same profit margins for the insurance companies. The end result is what we have where insurance companies are still raking in assloads of money but we're now mandated to have coverage and they're fighting to repeal it because of that.

It's great in that more people have insurance that would have been denied before the ACA. It's just bad now that rates and deductibles are still climbing while we're still forced to have coverage because the GOP wouldn't pass anything related to a singer payer option.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    So the company you work for offered health insurance.
    Once ACA hit they either increased the hell out of your cost sharing portion of the health insurance and used ACA as an excuse?

they increased your deductible they increased your premiums...etc etc etc

or they outright kicked you off employer based insurance and saved a boatload. not really sure. Either way it sounds like your company has done what many have....charged a lot more for healthcare and blamed it all on Obamacare.

i am actually paying less for health insurance now then i was before, no subsidies. my coverage is about the same, because my company did not try and screw us over.
    No it was the insurance company did away with the HMO plan altogether. Both employers had state plans which got converted into ACA plans. I live in one of the state where they did not setup an exchange. We also only have two insurance companies competing in this state, so they in effect can charge whatever the hell they want for insurance.

She has already too many payments already
    So stop acting like you know everything.
    This much more strongly implies that the Medicaid expansion was insufficient than that the whole thing should be repealed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    And now all he poor people will be kicked off, good job.

And now the poor still can't afford insurance.
    This is also what was already predicted before the plan even passed if the Republican mandated provisions were met to allow the ACA to even pass. Now the Republicans want to repeal the system and call it evil for showing the results of their own actions.

The ACA needs work and is a double edged sword for many. But revision, not repeal.

And now all he poor people will be kicked off, good job.
    A repeal of the ACA still doesn't do anything anywhere near kicking off "all the poor people". No one's suggesting eliminating Medicaid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    If your cholesterol is high, it could also be the terrifying steaks.
    .... bad kitty =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    .... bad kitty =/
    I was really disappointed no one had picked up on that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    The Republicans are largely the reason it launched as the abortion it did though. That's the ultimate irony. The Republicans refused to pass it without certain provisions to guarantee the same profit margins for the insurance companies. The end result is what we have where insurance companies are still raking in assloads of money but we're now mandated to have coverage and they're fighting to repeal it because of that.

It's great in that more people have insurance that would have been denied before the ACA. It's just bad now that rates and deductibles are still climbing while we're still forced to have coverage because the GOP wouldn't pass anything related to a singer payer option.
    the republicans had no power at the time and not a single one voted for it, they had absolutely nosay in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Have you managed to avoid the multiple links showing the tens of thousands of annual deaths caused by your sorry excuse for a healthcare system?
    funny you say there are tens of thousands of them yet dont link a single one, could it be because theyre all from sources like sallon or huff post?
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR