Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    So NA Media not Mainstream Media
    Sargon primarily comments on American and British media, being a Brit with substantial interest in American and British politics.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Sargon primarily comments on American and British media, being a Brit with substantial interest in American and British politics.
    I don't recall being lied to

I don't recall being lied to
    Sargon is actually very positive in general about the BBC, though he has taken on a few of their specific articles or news stories on occasion.

Sargon actually doesn't promote the alternative media, he says the people are turning to alternative media because the lies have become so blatant from the mainstream media, that you might as well go where the lies are comforting and where you can pretend you're part of the edgy underground.
    So his solution is to switch from TV lies to DIY lies ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raskayz View Post
    So his solution is to switch from TV lies to DIY lies ?
    No, that's not his solution. He wants honest media. He's saying this is what people are doing, not what they should do.

No, that's not his solution. He wants honest media. He's saying this is what people are doing, not what they should do.
    Then he says what any sane person already think and i still don't see the point of watching a 18m video about it

Deleted
    Sounds condescending to me...

I believe most people can smell BS than can't

10+ Year Old Account
    You can just read a book...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_Shock
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Sounds condescending to me...

I believe most people can smell BS than can't
    You'd honestly be surprised how many of my Liberal friends absolutely believe CNN doesn't lie ever.

And my racist, super conservative grandfather and most of his entire town take anything Glenn Beck and Fox News say as gospel truth.

You're vastly overestimating the average news viewer.

Deleted
    You'd honestly be surprised how many of my Liberal friends absolutely believe CNN doesn't lie ever.

And my racist, super conservative grandfather and most of his entire town take anything Glenn Beck and Fox News say as gospel truth.

You're vastly overestimating the average news viewer.
    Perhaps Brits are just more cynical

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raskayz View Post
    Then he says what any sane person already think and i still don't see the point of watching a 18m video about it
    It's actually a form of misinformation. People posting long videos, telling you the truth is in there, is not that different than providing thousands of pages of documents and just saying it proves a conspiracy. The point isn't to inform the public, it's for you to value the evidance by not what it contains, but the amount of data that's presented.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Perhaps Brits are just more cynical
    Or maybe you associate primarily with cynics and skeptics and are prone to confirmation bias.

Journalists usually have qualifications in journalism....
    yah like going to some liberal journalism school so they learn how to create propaganda to forward the liberal agenda

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-01-14 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It's actually a form of misinformation. People posting long videos, telling you the truth is in there, is not that different than providing thousands of pages of documents and just saying it proves a conspiracy. The point isn't to inform the public, it's for you to value the evidance by not what it contains, but the amount of data that's presented.
    Except the primary reason the video is 18 minutes is because it contains numerous CNN news clips of 1-3 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    yah like going to some liberal journalism school so they learn how to create propaganda to forward the liberal agenda
    Liberal. Liberal liberal libweal, liberal liberal liberal liberal? Liberal! Libersl liberal liberal liberal liberal liberal.

This is how every one of your posts read. I even threw in a couple misspellings for accuracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except the primary reason the video is 18 minutes is because it contains numerous CNN news clips of 1-3 minutes.
    That doesn't contradict what I said. Notice the bold word of what you said and what you are saying about the contents of the video. When you reply in disagreement to 'value of evidance depending on amount of data, not its contents' with the above... It kinda means something...

I didn't even watch the video, it was a general statement on misinformation. Proof is in the pudding...

Deleted
    You don't get right wing journalists?

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That doesn't contradict what I said. Notice the bold word of what you said and what you are saying about the contents of the video. When you reply in disagreement to 'value of evidance depending on amount of data, not its contents' with the above... It kinda means something...

I didn't even watch the video, it was a general statement on misinformation. Proof is in the pudding...
    Except he explicitly explains why each datapoint is valid, and provides the full context. That's why he has to include so many clips.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could you write down the name of a politician you currently support and the school they went to?

You don't get right wing journalists?
    It's really, really hard to get through most journalistic schools if you lean ideologically right (I don't, at all.) The faculty are overwhelmingly left-leaning and the classes are taught with a clear liberal bias.