Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Blood Worms the way to go now?

Looks like my awesome Blooddrinker is going to be doing almost half of what it does now in the reset. I'm getting 1.3m now, so guessing it'll drain for about 750k come Tuesday.

Does that make the Bloodworms the go to talent now? 15% of missing hp is pretty good. Assuming it goes off when you reach 50% HP and you have about 5.5M, that's an 825k heal, already beating Blooddrinker and not taking up a DPS rotation spot.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

No, they just aren't useful compared to controllable use of runic power.

Blooddrinker could be useful on single target super high damage fights, but with the 40% nerf, its back to shit tier
    Last edited by Monoliith; 2017-01-14 at 03:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzards balancing team needs to be fired. They're took a bad talent, made it useful, and then basically reverted the change based off knee jerk reactions off data from farm content.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

My opinions on Bloodworms and BloodDrinker in a TLDR are as follow:

BloodWorms - Need to be able to control the explosion (similar to consuming chi orbs or soul shards). Uncontrollable healing is basically useless healing.

Blooddrinker - Needs to be replaced with a more damage oriented, less healy, talent. Blooddrinker is just nonintuitive. In order to make it useful as a heal, you have to make it do stupidly high damage. If you make it do stupidly high damage, it does so much damage that anyone on farm content or in a non-mythic guild is likely to take it just to be better on meters, relegating the other talents to shit tier de facto by its existance.

I will be switching to Bloodworms most likely. Just started to reEnjoy my DK too with Blooddrinker.

"Everyone is using heartbreaker and no one is using bloodrinker. Let's nerf heartbreaker and buff blooddrinker."

3 days after patch go live.

"LOL SOME PPL ARE USING BLOODDRINKER LETS NERF IT BACK AND LEAVE HEARTBREAKER ALONE LOLOL"

In all seriousness, 40% is too much man. Or at least makes the healing component twice the damage done.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shame blood drinker got mega nerfed, why do we even have PTR when stuff gets mega buffed/nerf day after patch.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10-20% would have been much more reasonable. 40% is gutting it almost completely - they might as well have reverted it completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeoshades View Post
    I will be switching to Bloodworms most likely. Just started to reEnjoy my DK too with Blooddrinker.
    So one talent that is obviously doing too much damage makes you enjoy your DK overall? It deserved a nerf. Not as big of a nerf as they did...but a nerf. You should play a Mage. They always do good damage.
    Last edited by pallyballz; 2017-01-14 at 06:22 AM.

Deleted
    Yea nerf more the worst single dps tank. There are more competitive aoe dps tanks as well. Every time i play blood I cant avoid feeling like the garbage I'm. Starting to be done with this

Bloodworms still suck. Even when tripled in everything, still not as great as more then 5x HS damage for one rune

You dont think being able to jump around in world pvp and red beam someone every 30 seconds for 2 million of their health as a bit OP? Blood death knights on farm content are stupid OP. 90% of mythic solo feats is around blood death knight and when 90% of the death knight player base are all blood that sorta speaks for itself. Blood death knights need nerfing in farming content but a mechanics change for cutting edge content.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiljaedon View Post
    You dont think being able to jump around in world pvp and red beam someone every 30 seconds for 2 million of their health as a bit OP? Blood death knights on farm content are stupid OP. 90% of mythic solo feats is around blood death knight and when 90% of the death knight player base are all blood that sorta speaks for itself. Blood death knights need nerfing in farming content but a mechanics change for cutting edge content.
    1) just nerf blooddrinker using pvp modifier
    2) nobody cares about farm balance, because its irrelevant
    3) also dont throw random made up % around as if they were true
    the truth remains that bdk is the tank with the worst st dmg and a mid tier aoe dmg, with blooddrinker what is in essence a 40-50k st dps buff we were middle of the pack in st dmg guarm, dk: 248, dh 227, now take into account a 40k dps loss for dks when we all switch back to heartbreaker or change to bloodworms
    Last edited by bogate; 2017-01-14 at 12:43 PM.

Deleted
    Who gives a flying crap if a class is strong on farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Looks like my awesome Blooddrinker is going to be doing almost half of what it does now in the reset. I'm getting 1.3m now, so guessing it'll drain for about 750k come Tuesday.

Does that make the Bloodworms the go to talent now? 15% of missing hp is pretty good. Assuming it goes off when you reach 50% HP and you have about 5.5M, that's an 825k heal, already beating Blooddrinker and not taking up a DPS rotation spot.
    It is missing health. Not max hp. That makes it really crap.

If you have 5 mil and it explodes at 50% thats 15% of 2.5mil. Basicly a heal of 375.

1 death strike heals for more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except they nerfed it in PVE only and specifically said it's unchanged for PvP...
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by apojaja View Post
    "Everyone is using heartbreaker and no one is using bloodrinker. Let's nerf heartbreaker and buff blooddrinker."

3 days after patch go live.

"LOL SOME PPL ARE USING BLOODDRINKER LETS NERF IT BACK AND LEAVE HEARTBREAKER ALONE LOLOL"

In all seriousness, 40% is too much man. Or at least makes the healing component twice the damage done.
    Wasn't Blooddrinker buffed by 150% or some shit? I get that it's easy to exaggerate, but 150% buff followed by 40% nerf is still a 50% buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post

Bloodworms are garbage.

Blooddrinker is STILL your best ST ability.

Heartbreaker is technically your go-to on AoE, but even in AoE it's still just slightly better than Blooddrinker, and probably not worth the Tome it takes to respec.

Quote Originally Posted by xpire View Post
    10-20% would have been much more reasonable. 40% is gutting it almost completely - they might as well have reverted it completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Wasn't Blooddrinker buffed by 150% or some shit? I get that it's easy to exaggerate, but 150% buff followed by 40% nerf is still a 50% buff.
    That's correct, it's still approximately 40% stronger than it was before 7.1.5.

That's funny, it looks like Blood DKs represent 32% of the DK population in Mythic EN. It also looks like DKs are the 4th most common tanks in Mythic EN.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZehGeek View Post
    Bloodworms still suck. Even when tripled in everything, still not as great as more then 5x HS damage for one rune
    We're comparing talents, not abilities. What does HS have to do with our first row talents unless you are referring to the HS talent which is shit now.

This nerf really crushed my spirit playing my BDK >_> it felt really refreshing to have a shiny new button to use and to be able to alter the cookie-cutter talent selections a tiny bit. Now the Tier 1 talents are reallllllllly lackluster.

From my (flawed) dummy testing

The new Bloodworms are worth around 6% healing. This seems about right compared to the old worms valued around 2%. The fact it only heals "missing health" really hurts its value.
    Overall it is still very weak and provided less value than baseline Leech. The worms also contributed around 6% damage iirc.

Bloodrinker was a massive 20% healing contribution and was actually the TOP damage dealing ability even with it's 30s cooldown. About 22% vs 20% death strikes. I was very surprised seeing this on my chart.

And of course Heartbreaker was nerfed by 1rp, and is useless on single targets. Like people have said, few are going to be burning Tomes between encounters for such a bleh choice.

We will find out soon what the new numbers for Blood drinker are and it is likely it's still the best choice for ST but 40% nerf is still quite dispiriting.