- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qadz....be&t=4h23m45s

So based off this footage of Breath of the Wild, it takes 12 seconds to load it from the Switch main menu, and 24 seconds to load after selecting a file.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for posting the list. I'm actually really excited for the adventure/rpgs on the list which is a bit strange for a Nintendo console (for me). I had a lot more multiplayer and party style games for the wii and wii u. It was always the go-to system for having friends over. Now I look at that and want Zelda, Xenoblade, Has Been Heroes, Dragon quest, and Fire Emblem no matter when that one comes out. I love Mario Kart, but I already had the dlc for the Wii U version. 5 more characters, 4 more maps, and a battle mode don't seem worth $60. If I hadn't already gotten the dlc, then yeah, its a really good deal.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't buy Xenoblade 2 being released in 2017, though I'll be pleasantly surprised if they manage to do it without rushing and botching the game.

Another open world Zelda game before the system dies please.
    -New main line Fire Emblem(this actually will happen, no worries there).
    -Thousand Year Door sequel. Paper Mario returning to it's roots. Unlikely, but could happen if Mario is going back to sandbox
    So much yes to these three.

I love zelda games the more the better. Plenty of options for storyline besides the Gannon lines due to the 3 timelines.

Fire emblem is my go to strategy game and I almost always love the story.

And i regretfully never played thousand year door. But I can hope we get another massive open world paper mario

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Well if we're starting a fantasy wish list of shit that will probably not happen...

-2D Metroid made by Retro.
    -New Animal Crossing, seriously New Leaf feels so old now it needs a replacement.
    -Another open world Zelda game before the system dies please.
    -Finish Xeno 2 in 2017 like they claim and get another Xeno game out in the same gen.
    -New main line Fire Emblem(this actually will happen, no worries there).
    -Thousand Year Door sequel. Paper Mario returning to it's roots. Unlikely, but could happen if Mario is going back to sandbox(also didn't think that would happen)
    -Melee HD, don't remove tricks actually used in competitive play just balance the game around them and add new characters. Melee is so much more hype then Smash 4, would be lovely if it wasn't ugly as dirt and had more viable characters.
    -Bayonetta 3
    -Attract all the Japanese 3rd parties to the system. I need a Vita replacement, not a 3DS replacement. Could care less about Monster Hunter or Yokai Watch type games, I want the platform to have the danganronpas, senran kaguras, YS, eventual Persona 5 mobile port etc of the world. We already know it will get the same games the 3DS does if it does well, but I want it to get those Vita/PS4 games as I prefer most of them on a mobile and the Vita is getting dated. I would rather them be PS4/Switch games then just PS4.
    VITA devs will definitely be moving to the Switch alongside mobile and PS4.

Why would they develop Melee HD when Smash 4 or 5/6 is going to come out and they have a perfectly good VC version rumored to come out. Better to just add in an online mode for Melee VC.

I personally agree with your Animal Crossing thoughts. I really hope they add something new in or expand upon the Mayor mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/4JStudios/status...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

We'll probably have Minecraft: Switch Edition out before Christmas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    On the amount of games coming:

TL;DW: This wasn't everything, but they wanted to cover these on that particular day. More to come in the coming weeks. Reggie started taunting journalists after he got asked about Mother 3 and Metroid, going as far to say that they should "come back in a year and we'll see".

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    VITA devs will definitely be moving to the Switch alongside mobile and PS4.
    That's not for certain in the least. PS4 and PC are the markets most are working on alongside Vita atm, very few worked with Nintendo in the past.

Why would they develop Melee HD when Smash 4 or 5/6 is going to come out and they have a perfectly good VC version rumored to come out. Better to just add in an online mode for Melee VC.
    Because Smash 4 and everything after melee has been shit as competitive games. Melee go's on in prime time at Genesis and Evo for a reason, not Smash 4.

I personally agree with your Animal Crossing thoughts. I really hope they add something new in or expand upon the Mayor mechanics.
    Just a new game with new assets and I'm fine. New Leaf was basically an enhanced port of the original, which is why it feels so dated.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-01-14 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    TL;DW: This wasn't everything, but they wanted to cover these on that particular day. More to come in the coming weeks. Reggie started taunting journalists after he got asked about Mother 3 and Metroid, going as far to say that they should "come back in a year and we'll see".
    I'm sorry but that is such a bullshit excuse. With that logic I just come back in 3 years and The Switch will have a price drop and a decent amount of games (Maybe).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I'm sorry but that is such a bullshit excuse. With that logic I just come back in 3 years and The Switch will have a price drop and a decent amount of games (Maybe).
    I mean it's common sense the Switch will have a good library eventually. Even the Wii U got to the point where it has a very good library. The problem is Nintendo is making same old mistakes with a dry launch year giving little reason to early adopt. They screwed over 3DS and Wii U owners who bought at launch, those people should learn from their mistakes. The ambassador and digital deluxe promotions hardly made up for the year long drought and $50 price cuts a few months into launch.

Deleted
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ktFlmH_0CI

IGN should be banned really, DF initial reports on the game so far (Zelda BOTW)

I mean it's common sense the Switch will have a good library eventually. Even the Wii U got to the point where it has a very good library. The problem is Nintendo is making same old mistakes with a dry launch year giving little reason to early adopt. They screwed over 3DS and Wii U owners who bought at launch, those people should learn from their mistakes. The ambassador and digital deluxe promotions hardly made up for the year long drought and $50 price cuts a few months into launch.
    But hey at lease come fall you can pay to play the two decent games worth playing online (MK8&Splatoon 2).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

That's not for certain in the least. PS4 and PC are the markets most are working on alongside Vita atm, very few worked with Nintendo in the past.
    Nintendo has the best gaming handheld on the market and the remote play on the VITA has a bit of lag. Japanese developers are going to move to the Switch.

Because Smash 4 and everything after melee has been shit as competitive games. Melee go's on in prime time at Genesis and Evo for a reason, not Smash 4.
    And a VC version will work just as well. And you really don't have to worry to much about dragging CRT TVs or power cords.

Now then, people will probably stick with what they have for now, until the Switch gains some traction.

Just a new game with new assets and I'm fine. New Leaf was basically an enhanced port of the original, which is why it feels so dated.
    And that's not really a bad thing. Animal Crossing as a whole is just great. I had some issues with Wild World and City Folk, but that wasn't due to the actual gameplay, just their controls.

One thing I'd like for the next Animal Crossing if they keep the Mayor mechanic is the ability to talk to Tom Nook, if he stays as a realtor, and assign housing plots.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ktFlmH_0CI

IGN should be banned really, DF initial reports on the game so far (Zelda BOTW)
    The pop in is real, you can really see it at the 3min 30sec mark to 3:40.

Also its running at 30fps not 60fps like people claimed it would.

- - - Updated - - -

Nintendo has the best gaming handheld on the market and the remote play on the VITA has a bit of lag. Japanese developers are going to move to the Switch.
    They will only move to The Switch as long as one of two things happen.

1) The Switch sells enough units.

2) Nintendo pays them to do it.

There not going to move to The Switch because of Remote play and Remote play can very per-user. When I had my VITA I didn't have input lag or screen lag. To be fair I was sitting ether in the same room or the next room.

Also lots try to use it while also using the Ps4 Wireless and that's just stupid.

And a VC version will work just as well. And you really don't have to worry to much about dragging CRT TVs or power cords.

Now then, people will probably stick with what they have for now, until the Switch gains some traction.
    A VC version would be emulation.

Which means you would still need gamecubes and CRTs as it wouldn't be accurate and the input lag would be terrible.

It has to be remastered for modern displays, not emulated. You don't understand how it works. Melee is a growing monster in the esports realm and Nintendo is ignoring it while they could be making money off it. They keep making Smash games that are far different, have less competitive nature to them and wonder why Melee is out shining them on the competitive stage /facepalm.

Also you trying to state for sure Japanese 3rd parties are going to adopt the Switch in mass is laughable. They didn't even do that to the 3DS which had a very large install base in Japan. Is that as certain as the Mario Rabbids RPG? Or Dark Souls 3 running on the Switch? Or any other bullshit leaks you posted here 247?
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-01-14 at 08:14 PM.

It;'s not just having a few games it's about how actively the developer supports the system.

Not having ME (just a example) on the Switch is a huge lose and trying to fill up the system with just 1e party games is the same mistake that Nintendo has done since the N64, only the Wii was the exception.

You need a diverse set of games that manages to spark your interest every few months otherwise if you just want to play Zelda and Mario then you the console will gather allot of dust between games.

So finished the Zelda BOTW DF video.

1) Draw Distance is super small and that makes pop-in noticeable.
    2) Performance issues but not many(Just rare moments), Does run better then the Wii-U E3 2016 build.
    3) 900p Docked 720p undocked.
    4) 30fps.
    5) Nintendo claims Mario Kart 8 is 1080p/60fps but DF felt it was less then 1080p even when docked.
    6) The Poor settings on the tv's painted a bad picture, at the showing.

Can't wait to see there next video comparing a retail version of it to a retail version of the Wii-U.

I think DF said it best: "The greatest Handheld Ever Made, But a massive disappointment as a Home Console" (It was said at the 12min 31sec mark in the video.

Link to the DF video, in case anyone missed the post.

Mass Effect is irrelevant.

Nobody is going to buy it on the Switch even if it was available on it. I'm pretty sure 99% of people interested in ME own one or multiples of PS4, XB1, Gaming PC which they will buy and play it on over a much weaker nintendo handheld.

I think DF said it best: "The greatest Handheld Ever Made, But a massive disappointment as a Home Console" (It was said at the 12min 31sec mark in the video.
    Its still absolutely astounding they'd start competing with another market that they are handily in control of.

Every piece of new information I hear about the Switch makes it seem shittier and shittier. Here's hoping when another of their consoles fail, they stop pulling gimmick bullshit and pretend its worth 250/300 bucks.

The fact that this is 2017, and the new Zelda runs that shittily still is mind boggling, especially since its style lends it well in hiding how weak the Switch actually is. And it still struggles to reach a true 720p setting.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Its still absolutely astounding they'd start competing with another market that they are handily in control of.

Every piece of new information I hear about the Switch makes it seem shittier and shittier. Here's hoping when another of their consoles fail, they stop pulling gimmick bullshit and pretend its worth 250/300 bucks.

The fact that this is 2017, and the new Zelda runs that shittily still is mind boggling, especially since its style lends it well in hiding how weak the Switch actually is. And it still struggles to reach a true 720p setting.
    I just want a box, that plays Nintendo games. I could give a fuck less if its 1080p,4k,720p. Just a fucken box that plays Nintendo games. Hardware wise I want it to be able to complete with whatever Sony or Microsoft's low tier (OG Ps4,XB1) systems are.

I don't give any shit's what anyone says including Nintendo. They are still competition for Sony and Microsoft because they are in the same market.

I don't give a fuck about motion controls and all that shit. Just want a box that play's Nintendo games and has both multi-platform 3rd party games and exclusive 3rd party games.

If I like a game enough I will buy it for more then one platform. I own GTAV on Ps3,Ps4,PC for example. I bought BO/MW3 for the Wii and owned it for Xbox 360. I will admit I bought it for the Wii because the motion controls made it really fun. That is the only time I ever liked motion controls.

I really do feel the weak hardware is going to hurt it sooner rather then later.

- - - Updated - - -

Mass Effect is irrelevant.

Nobody is going to buy it on the Switch even if it was available on it.
    To be fair if I like it enough on Ps4 I would grab a Switch version at a later date when its cheaper. But the game itself has to make me like it enough to do that.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-14 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    I have neither a PS4, Xbone, nor a gaming pc capable of running a game like ME4. I'd buy a Switch version happily.
    "I want to play all these 3rd party games but I only buy Nintendo hardware"

Yea, that explains why 3rd party games always sell like shit on Nintendo hardware when they do support it. Only select 3rd party franchises such as Monster Hunter actually do well on Nintendo platforms.

Go look up those sales of Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U and get back to me.