Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    Deleted

Jennifer Holliday: "I sincerely apologize for my lapse of judgement"

Jennifer Holliday has reversed a decision to perform at an inaugural concert on Thursday for President-elect Donald Trump, after a backlash when she was among the entertainers on the bill.

In an open letter, Holliday apologized to the LGBT community for originally agreeing to perform. She received a backlash after it was announced that she would attend, and defended her decision in series of interviews throughout the day.

“I was honestly just thinking that I wanted my voice to be a healing and unifying force for hope through music to help our deeply polarized country,” she said in the letter, first obtained by The Wrap.

“Regretfully, I did not take into consideration that my performing for the concert would actually instead be taken as a political act against my own personal beliefs and be mistaken for support of Donald Trump and Mike Pence.”

She cited an article in The Daily Beast, which called her decision “heartbreaking to gay fans,” and retweeted news of her decision.

“I sincerely apologize for my lapse of judgement, for being uneducated on the issues that affect every American at this crucial time in history and for causing such dismay and heartbreak to my fans,” she wrote.

edit: Bruce Springsteen Cover Band Drops Out of Trump Inauguration Party!
    Last edited by mmoca0c62387e3; 2017-01-16 at 08:52 PM.

I think its a misnomer that liberals want to suddenly come together with Trumpettes and make peace. And I can't blame them, or us as I'm one of them. We spent 8 years with the worst possible obstruction, followed by a candidate who made his entire campaign about going back to the good ole days of yore with such insanely unbridled hatred.

But now suddenly they need to all make peace.

Fuck that. Let people be mad for a while. Republicans did it for 8 years.

Frankly I want Democrats to fight against Trump with everything they have, not try to kiss his ass. He's never going to come to the table. They need to learn their fucking lesson already.

Trump certainly isn't trying to mend fences whatsoever, so why should anybody else? Regardless of what you felt about Obama, at least he tried to do that. I mean he fucked over his entire health care bill, turning it into Romneycare, just to try and hope a few Republicans would come to his side. And they still didn't.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-01-14 at 07:29 PM.

can't say I've ever even heard of her, but with my awful memory and terrible pop culture knowledge it shouldn't be a surprise to many

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    “I was honestly just thinking that I wanted my voice to be a healing and unifying force for hope through music to help our deeply polarized country,” she said in the letter, first obtained by The Wrap.
    then she should have stuck by her original decision and introduced her performance with a comment along those lines. who knows, maybe some of the people at the concert would have actually listened to the sentiment?

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    can't say I've ever even heard of her, but with my awful memory and terrible pop culture knowledge it shouldn't be a surprise to many

then she should have stuck by her original decision and introduced her performance with a comment along those lines. who knows, maybe some of the people at the concert would have actually listened to the sentiment?
    Probably not. You can look at Krazy and other posters here and see just how deeply people drank from the anti-Trump well.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is one of those, "Who?", moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Unless Trump (or whoever is being sworn in) is paying for it, we shouldn't be hiring people to perform at these things anyway.
    Regardless of who holds the office. (I know it's implied, but I'm just clarifying. )

In other words: I don't like him but he has a lot of money and thats all I really care about.

Got it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good, she is horrible anyway.

Haven't heard of her personally, but this seems over the top.

She seems like she had good intentions, yet she's still pushed into a situation where she feels the need to apologize instead? Seems backwards.

Probably not. You can look at Krazy and other posters here and see just how deeply people drank from the anti-Trump well.
    Yeah how dare people give back even an ounce of the absolute hatred that Trump spewed for the entire campaign. Or how dare people give back even a sliver of the 8 years of absolute refusal to come to the Democrats' table.

You all have some really great selective memories. You expect the losers to come to the table when your group didn't do it themselves.

Well you reap what you sow. When you're a vindictive, petty, narcissistic, sociopathic child, shockingly, people aren't going to suddenly come groveling at your feet. Its such laughable hypocrisy on its face.

She received among other things death threats.

I don't blame her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Haven't heard of her personally, but this seems over the top.

She seems like she had good intentions, yet she's still pushed into a situation where she feels the need to apologize instead? Seems backwards.
    The same reason people apologize for being racist or sexist when they actually aren't. Browbeating.

Can't perform at the inauguration without being viewed as evil.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Yeah how dare people give back even an ounce of the absolute hatred that Trump spewed for the entire campaign. Or how dare people give back even a sliver of the 8 years of absolute refusal to come to the Democrats' table.

You all have some really great selective memories. You expect the losers to come to the table when your group didn't do it themselves.

Well you reap what you sow. When you're a vindictive, petty, narcissistic, sociopathic child, shockingly, people aren't going to suddenly come groveling at your feet. Its such laughable hypocrisy on its face.
    And welcome to "No awareness that he'll be complaining about Republicans doing the same baby shit when the Democrats win". Seriously, you will be the hypocrite.

Wheel in the sky keeps on turning.

Sounds like this was all planned to get more famous.

Who?

10chars
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

And welcome to "No awareness that he'll be complaining about Republicans doing the same baby shit when the Democrats win". Seriously, you will be the hypocrite.
    lol. I love how its always the Democrats who need to somehow be the "bigger" person.

Its so pathetically transparent. Try a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    For a variety of reasons I think it's a problem that we assume an apology indicates overzealous persecution.
    It's the internet.

Death threats are pretty much the first thing flung at people for disagreements.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    The same reason people apologize for being racist or sexist when they actually aren't. Browbeating.

Can't perform at the inauguration without being viewed as evil.
    And I think it's a darn shame.

Even if she felt the need to apologize, saying how she thought it would help heal should have been enough. There's no need for someone to degrade themselves for others.

lol. I love how its always the Democrats who need to somehow be the "bigger" person.

Its so pathetically transparent. Try a bit better.
    Actually, you do if you're going to advertise yourself as the good and mature party. Doing the same baby time antics from 2008 and 2012 makes you the exact same kind of baby.

You don't call people stupid for pointless obstruction and acting like idiots and then do the same shit you called them stupid for.

Ok so your conceding that you are as bad as the republicans were in 2008, what a great accomplishment

Who?

/10char

Why are LGBT against Trump? Trump doesn't seem like someone who cares about LGBT.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Jennifer Holliday has reversed a decision to perform at an inaugural concert on Thursday for President-elect Donald Trump, after a backlash when she was among the entertainers on the bill.

In an open letter, Holliday apologized to the LGBT community for originally agreeing to perform. She received a backlash after it was announced that she would attend, and defended her decision in series of interviews throughout the day.

“Regretfully, I did not take into consideration that my performing for the concert would actually instead be taken as a political act against my own personal beliefs and be mistaken for support of Donald Trump and Mike Pence.”

She cited an article in The Daily Beast, which called her decision “heartbreaking to gay fans,” and retweeted news of her decision.

“I sincerely apologize for my lapse of judgement, for being uneducated on the issues that affect every American at this crucial time in history and for causing such dismay and heartbreak to my fans,” she wrote.
    She wanted to be nice and chill, but she probably got so much hate and abuse she decided not to. Regretable.