Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Sure, when Marcus and I were at our worst while he was going back to school, slow cooker meals was our easiest way to save money.
    Not saying they can't be, personally I love food that's done in a slow cooker. To me it just tastes so good.

I'm saying not everyone has time or the spare funds to get one. I don't lump all poor people into one bracket and claim they are the same. Some can do it and some can't.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    This is why I hate your posts. "Sin tax" is the normal name for such things. I don't even know a synonym for it. As usual, you're just failing at nitpicking my posts because you're overly suspicious and bad at reasoning. You constantly engage me with the assumption that I'm being disingenuous and underhanded, when in reality you're just clueless.
    Right back at you.

If you'd like to know a synonym, check the very first paragraph of the body in the wiki link. Again, sin taxes have a pretty negative connotation and you'd have to be ignorant not to know this before stating "I don't like a sin tax, let's not tax unhealthy foods to promote better health". It's also not nitpicking when the only thing you say is you don't like sin taxes. But I'll just leave it at that since I know you tend to get upset when I disagree with you.
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2017-01-14 at 10:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Except I'm not doing any of that. Pointing out that when you're cash-poor, having cash is generally more useful than having things isn't a demand. Hell, it's not even a request. And what's with this hang-up about the car? I'm not Titan, why are you lumping him in with me? Especially in the same post as the bit about how lumping people together is wrong, no less.
    And as I've said before having cash for selling off items you previously owned is a temporary fix. You wanted to use the $100 laptop and claiming you're going to use Free-WiFi and a Friend's Account. That's an individual solution -- To many others that's not an option. You're still cash poor it just means you get to pay one or two bills off before you're right back in the same spot you were previously -- again that $200 doesn't go all that far.

The car was based on you comparing a car (which is what I was discussing before you entered the thread) and a television. There was a previous discussion that involved being told to sell my paid-off well maintained vehicle and replace it with a questionable beater. So it wasn't me lumping you in with him, you just entered it when I was referring to a previous conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    But OMG, how did you find the time? Putting some pork, potatoes, onions, and carrots in can take upwards of 5 minutes of your morning. Pulling that off is both stunning and brave.
    Read my post to Darsithis because you clearly don't get it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

its weird that most of you think 20% is a lot...... that still means 80% is on other food items. seems actually less than what i would think, if i had to guess i would say 40-50% on crap lol. Also who cares what they buy people can eat what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So you think poor people have time to get dinner ready in the morning and also have the spare money to buy a slow cooker (even a cheap $15 one at wal-mart).

I do love how people like you keep assuming all poor foke can do X,Y and Z.
    The same way they can afford tvs, iphones, wow accounts, or computers.

Priorities. You either have them or you don't.

You people keep talking about hand me down iphones and big screen tvs, where are all the hand me down crockpots, toasters, and pots n' pans? lmao

Oh well. Dinner time bbl.

Read my post to Darsithis because you clearly don't get it.
    You're literally claiming that people can't use a slow cooker. You're a genuinely unreasonable person that claims all sorts of obviously stupid shit when people notice that you don't really have a case.

So you think poor people have time to get dinner ready in the morning and also have the spare money to buy a slow cooker (even a cheap $15 one at wal-mart).

I do love how people like you keep assuming all poor foke can do X,Y and Z.
    It doesn't take much time to prep dinner, especially if you're setting up something in a slow cooker. It's also more reasonable to do it when you're just getting up and have some spare energy than when you've worked 12 hours.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigworm79 View Post
    its weird that most of you think 20% is a lot...... that still means 80% is on other food items. seems actually less than what i would think, if i had to guess i would say 40-50% on crap lol. Also who cares what they buy people can eat what they want.
    It's from tax money so no they don't have an inherent right to it for whatever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by bigworm79 View Post
    Also who cares what they buy people can eat what they want.
    Probably the people that aren't that enthusiastic about buying the soda to make people fat and the insulin once they get fat. One or the other is cool, but I'm not actually enthusiastic about paying for people to eat themselves to death on shitty food.

You're literally claiming that people can't use a slow cooker. You're a genuinely unreasonable person that claims all sorts of obviously stupid shit when people notice that you don't really have a case.
    No I am sure everyone including my 5 year old brother can use a slow cooker. I am saying not everyone has a spare 5 mins to use it.

Once again you lump everyone together when I don't. Some can some can't....

I know for you that's a hard concept to understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably the people that aren't that enthusiastic about buying the soda to make people fat and the insulin once they get fat. One or the other is cool, but I'm not actually enthusiastic about paying for people to eat themselves to death on shitty food.
    And yet people like you ignore that these same people pay into that system. I hate to break it to you but ur small amount doesn't fund everyone....

Don't like where your tax's are going go live somewhere that you do.

There's also the option of saving enough money to provide a cushion rather than spending $1K on a TV when you're apparently right at the edge of poverty. I realize this is a fundamentally anti-consumerist sentiment, butI actually don't think encouraging people to save money is that obnoxious.
    Ok, so you saved a grand and it's gone in 2 months now instead of one. Your still fucked and you still payed 10 times more in the last few years in taxes than what you need now.

7+ Year Old Account
    A smart thing to do would be to have done grocery shopping for some period of time, and then spend the mornings prepping dinner, maybe even throwing it into a slow cooker in order to have dinner ready or almost ready when you walk in the door.
    He's being dishonest. So many of these people have no intellectual integrity, he's intentionally arguing a point he himself knows to be bullshit, and if he actually believes people on welfare are so busy earning a living they cant find enough time in a day to get food and feed themselves hes dense. So either way, hes ignorant or a liar, but most of all, he's a waste of time.

No I am sure everyone including my 5 year old brother can use a slow cooker. I am saying not everyone has a spare 5 mins to use it.
    This is a genuinely stupid sentiment.
    And yet people like you ignore that these same people pay into that system. I hate to break it to you but ur small amount doesn't fund everyone....

Don't like where your tax's are going go live somewhere that you do.

It doesn't take much time to prep dinner, especially if you're setting up something in a slow cooker. It's also more reasonable to do it when you're just getting up and have some spare energy than when you've worked 12 hours.
    Once again and ill type it in cap's so you understand.

NOT EVERYONE HAS THE TIME TO DO IT. Some do and some don't, I don't lump people together. Some have the funds to spend $15 and buy one some don't.

Not everyone is in the same spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    It's from tax money so no they don't have an inherent right to it for whatever they want.
    They are spending within the guidelines set by their federal government so yes they do have the right.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I know fact's is something people like you don't like. Its ok live in ur bubble and ill live in reality.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    They are spending within the guidelines set by their federal government so yes they do have the right.
    Yeah which is why the line "who cares what they buy" is wrong. We care, the government cares, thus guidelines exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven French View Post
    He's being dishonest. So many of these people have no intellectual integrity, he's intentionally arguing a point he himself knows to be bullshit, and if he actually believes people on welfare are so busy earning a living they cant find enough time in a day to get food and feed themselves hes dense. So either way, hes ignorant or a liar, but most of all, he's a waste of time.
    Its so amazing how many people (Like you) are on a forum site and yet don't know how to read....

I get it you don't like fact's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not saying they can't be, personally I love food that's done in a slow cooker. To me it just tastes so good.

I'm saying not everyone has time or the spare funds to get one. I don't lump all poor people into one bracket and claim they are the same. Some can do it and some can't.
    I would argue the vast majority can. It's a staple for low-income households.