Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Junk food is cheaper. More news at 11.
    This.

As someone who unfortunately has been on food stamps before, it is far, far easier to make what little they give you (or at least me) by buying cheaper junk food. Sure, I never bought candy, but I did get soda, then shit like ramen and mac'n'cheese and frozen pizzas.

On top of that, we don't monitor what YOU do with your money, why the fuck are worried about what THEY do with it? If it's such a big deal, food stamp beneficiaries would have a list of items they can buy and be prohibited from buying other things. Thankfully, people are treated like, well, adults, and not 5 year olds. They are allotted a certain amount of money to buy themselves food to survive on. It isn't the food stamp office's fault if they suffer from malnutrition or fucking die because they weren't responsible with it.

I'd much rather they focus on taking down the people who abuse the system, like people who really don't need to be on it, or people who sell their food stamps for cash and drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoridal View Post
    Ok, so you saved a grand and it's gone in 2 months now instead of one. Your still fucked and you still payed 10 times more in the last few years in taxes than what you need now.
    The average SNAP household receives $255/month or ~$3K/year Assuming no other government transfers, if someone paid "10 times more" that implies a lot of extra cash. People that pay $30K in taxes over the course of a few years would do well to pocket more than $1K in the bank.

In fine with cash transfers to aid the poor, but let's be clear, the idea that the average SNAP recipient is actually a net tax payer is obvious nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I know fact's is something people like you don't like. Its ok live in ur bubble and ill live in reality.
    Yeah, it's a "fact" that people don't have time to spend 5 minutes cooking They just literally starve to death because they're working 22 hours/day and barely sleeping

I know fact's is something people like you don't like. Its ok live in ur bubble and ill live in reality.
    Some do and some don't, I don't lump people together.
    That's enough for one day, dude.

When the people who are bitching about people on welfare spending there food assistance money on junk food stop the Pepsi, Coke and other junk food companies from lobbying and putting vending machines full of their junk food into our children's schools, then maybe ill listen to them.
    The same people bitching about people on welfare buying junk food are probably the same people who want to abolish the FDA and EPA so that companies can poison us as much as they want.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its so amazing how many people (Like you) are on a forum site and yet don't know how to read....

I get it you don't like fact's.
    Uh oh, did I hit a nerve, bud?

Once again and ill type it in cap's so you understand.

NOT EVERYONE HAS THE TIME TO DO IT. Some do and some don't, I don't lump people together. Some have the funds to spend $15 and buy one some don't.

Not everyone is in the same spot.
    Most people can, though. 5 minutes and 15 bucks isn't a huge investment, even for people who are aggressively poor. The poorest of the poor can't afford it, but only because deathly poor people in Appalachia haven't even got electricity in many cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I would argue the vast majority can. It's a staple for low-income households.
    I would argue that literally 100% of able-bodied people can. There's basically not a faster way to feed yourself than throwing some things in a slow cooker in the morning. Even the most time-strapped person imaginable takes time to feed themselves at some point and preparing a stew takes less time than running through McDonald's.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I would argue the vast majority can. It's a staple for low-income households.
    You could be 100% correct, I'm just saying not everyone can.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    When the people who are bitching about people on welfare spending there food assistance money on junk food stop the Pepsi, Coke and other junk food companies from lobbying and putting vending machines full of their junk food into our children's schools, then maybe ill listen to them.
    The same people bitching about people on welfare buying junk food are probably the same people who want to abolish the FDA and EPA so that companies can poison us as much as they want.
    I've already stated that I favor a tax on sugar. I'd be in favor of banning sugared beverage vending from schools. I used to work for the FDA and have a generally positive opinion of it.

Do I get special "worth listening to" privileges?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Yeah, it's a "fact" that people don't have time to spend 5 minutes cooking They just literally starve to death because they're working 22 hours/day and barely sleeping
    Nope they grab something and go......

I know simple concepts are hard for you to understand and consider this my last reply to you or this thread.

Want to control where people can shit or what they can eat go move to china.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Well said...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Nope they grab something and go......

I know simple concepts are hard for you to understand and consider this my last reply to you or this thread.

Want to control where people can shit or what they can eat go move to china.
    As has been explained to you many times, no one's controlling what someone can eat - the suggestion is that taxpayers not be compelled to purchase soda.

I genuinely don't know how you're not capable of understanding this. I also don't know how you can genuinely believe much of the shit you write on this topic at all. Seriously, are you reading yourself? The notion that people don't have 5 minutes is so obviously absurd that it beggars belief.

[QUOTE=Spectral;44180981]The average SNAP household receives $255/month or ~$3K/year Assuming no other government transfers, if someone paid "10 times more" that implies a lot of extra cash. People that pay $30K in taxes over the course of a few years would do well to pocket more than $1K in the bank.

In fine with cash transfers to aid the poor, but let's be clear, the idea that the average SNAP recipient is actually a net tax payer is obvious nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

For starters your nitpicking numbers that are not meant to be specific, cut that number in half and the point still stands and your in a whole other tax bracket. Next your assumming that the average snap recipient is a static earner who isn't facing a change in circumstances that may or may not be temporary. There is a lot of churn in the snap program and that is part of the point im trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoridal View Post
    For starters your nitpicking numbers that are not meant to be specific, cut that number in half and the point still stands and your in a whole other tax bracket. Next your assumming that the average snap recipient is a static earner who isn't facing a change in circumstances that may or may not be temporary. There is a lot of churn in the snap program and that is part of the point im trying to make.
    I guess you could start by thought-checking the numbers for a couple seconds rather than posting obvious nonsense and blaming me for noticing that it's nonsense, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Take what you will from the article I suppose.
    Industry supported.
    Soda and junkfood is the cheapest shit. When you're on food stamps your life probably aint great, so you want some comfort food and you buy that stuff, trying to feel good between your depression and not having a job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Maybe if the healthy stuff was cheaper than the non-healthy stuff those with SNAP where every penny matters would buy it instead.
    Please provides details on what "healthy drinks" you are referring to. Go ahead. This will be amusing.

What the fuck is wrong with water and tea? That's 99% of what I drink during the day, and it's virtually free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raskayz View Post
    Food in the us is addictive shit loaded with sugar

Not surprising

But i guess what you want us to do is bash those people until they don't have any joy in life for their sin of being poor
    Its not my responsibility to pay taxes so they can have joy and soda. Its to make sure they dont die from malnutrition. If they want to buy junk food, then work more hours/jobs, and pay for it themselves with their own money, until then use SNAP funds for nutritious food or lose it. Now that we have a good president and Republican congress, perhaps they will pass some laws restricting what food stamps can and cannot be spent on. Put snacks, drinks other than water, seafood other than tilapia, and steaks of a higher quality than eye of round steaks on the restricted list like tobacco, alcohol, and prepared foods

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Industry supported.
    Soda and junkfood is the cheapest shit. When you're on food stamps your life probably aint great, so you want some comfort food and you buy that stuff, trying to feel good between your depression and not having a job.
    Government supported, by extension. Junk food and soda is inexpensive due to massive corn subsidies fomenting cheap production of industrial sweeteners.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Its not my responsibility to pay taxes so they can have joy and soda.

Welcome to a democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should change the guidelines what you can buy...stupid you can buy shit like candy, soda, alcohol....yet you can't buy things you'd need like personal hygiene products.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I guess you could start by thought-checking the numbers for a couple seconds rather than posting obvious nonsense and blaming me for noticing that it's nonsense, right?
    Look, when some one says something like 10 times more it is rarely meant to be a specific number and is often done deliberately to convey that something far exceeds another. Of course something said figuratively but taken literally is nonsense. Might as well get on some one for saying it is raining cats and dogs.
    Last edited by Thoridal; 2017-01-14 at 11:13 PM.