Why did the guide change to "settling" for 2 arcane shots per Vuln window? Not arguing just curious for the reasoning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilthandir View Post
    Why did the guide change to "settling" for 2 arcane shots per Vuln window? Not arguing just curious for the reasoning.
    I'm guessing you mean "2 aimed shots". By only casting 2 aimed shots instead of 3 you're wasting less marked shot proccs. You sacrifice the aimed shots with the lowest vulnerable bonus for additional marked shots.

Deleted
    check this out

us.battle.net /forums/ en/ wow/ topic/ 20752451299

I actually get pretty much same ST dps with that than with icy-veins build. I'm guessing multitarget will be even better. That rotation doesn't have any aimed shots at all.

Anyone else noticed barrage is completly broken? Couldn't find any mention about that anywhere. It's hitting the same target dummy for randomly between 6-11 times, even if I don't move all or get any haste buffs (neither should influence it anyway).

On multiple targets it's the same, the same barrage cast hits one target 7 and another target 6 times.

I know barrage isn't the best choice anymore rather often, but on helya for example it really hurts. Another big factor is the way slower building of bullseye stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall View Post
    Anyone else noticed barrage is completly broken? Couldn't find any mention about that anywhere. It's hitting the same target dummy for randomly between 6-11 times, even if I don't move all or get any haste buffs (neither should influence it anyway).

On multiple targets it's the same, the same barrage cast hits one target 7 and another target 6 times.

I know barrage isn't the best choice anymore rather often, but on helya for example it really hurts. Another big factor is the way slower building of bullseye stacks.
    It always did this on secondary targets, it had a 50% chance of hitting secondary targets and a 100% chance of hitting the main target. Now that all targets are "secondary" as far as Barrage is concerned, individual Barrage ticks only have a 50% chance of hitting the target, meaning there's a very small chance of Barrage doing no damage, at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    It always did this on secondary targets, it had a 50% chance of hitting secondary targets and a 100% chance of hitting the main target. Now that all targets are "secondary" as far as Barrage is concerned, individual Barrage ticks only have a 50% chance of hitting the target, meaning there's a very small chance of Barrage doing no damage, at all.
    Really? I was pretty sure it was automatically hits every target in a frontal cone, doing x damage to the main target and x/2 to every secondary (the old one) and the new one is the same except it`s x for every target...

I mean "Rapidly fires a spray of shots for 3 sec, dealing an average of (Ranged weapon damage * 0.7 * 7.5 * (1 + Versatility) * (1.2)) Physical damage to all enemies in front of you. Usable while moving." does not say anything about random hits...

Quote Originally Posted by Theodoran View Post
    I'm guessing you mean "2 aimed shots". By only casting 2 aimed shots instead of 3 you're wasting less marked shot proccs. You sacrifice the aimed shots with the lowest vulnerable bonus for additional marked shots.
    I think i converted your answer to one I can understand. If you were to give a detailed explanation you would say that AS AiS AiS leaves you with around 60ish focus at the end of vuln instead of around 30 where 3AiS leaves you at, which means only 2 arcane shots after vuln expires to get you to the magic number to line up another vuln. With far less AS spam to get to where you need to be, far fewer marking target procs will be canabalized.

Basically our rotation is MS AS AiS AiS(vuln ends) AS AS and then it splits between 1 of two things

proc: continue with above

no proc: WB AS AS AiS AiS

Looking back at the guide it does pretty much say exactly that, but could be clearer about reasoning IMO. Thanks for the help friend!

EDIT: Actually now I have another question, I don't know the exact number but around 20-25ish haste the you get 2 arcane shots AND 2 Aimed shots in your vuln window. Is that something worth getting?
    Last edited by Gilthandir; 2017-01-14 at 06:11 PM.

Can anyone help me with which of these 3 would be best for both MM and BM? I'm currently using Unstable Arcanocrystal and Bloodthirsty Instinct

Unstable Arcanocrystal (Titanforged 875)

Bloodthirsty Instinct (Heroic warforged 875)

Deteriorated Construct Core (Mythic Titanforged 885)

Armory
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Deleted
    New MM is fine, isn't the rotation the cons but the fact that I need the gloves to play normally without going fucking g crazy

Absence of mobility is pretty cancer
    Last edited by mmocbfa8dc246d; 2017-01-14 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    New MM is fine, isn't the rotation the cons but the fact that I need the gloves to play normally without going fucking g crazy

Absence of mobility is pretty cancer
    New MM is FAR from fine. Spamming Arcane Shot whole day and missing out on procs on marked shot is such a bad playstyle of MM. Marked Shot used to be "ohh sweet it proc'd!" Now it is a dps loss using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenzedd View Post
    You mean, the 17% haste soft cap that doesn't exist?
    It absolutely exists. You can't MS, AS, AiS, AiS, with that last AiS traveling and hitting before Vulnerable ends, if you don't have enough Haste. The exact number, while at typical ranged distances, is slightly lower than 17%, I know it was rounded up to take into account variances in server lag. It matters because by being able to put that AS in between your MS and AiS, you can waste fewer Marking Targets procs due to not having to spam AS as much before consuming a proc by casting MS.

no, not exist, the vulnerable damage its calculated when the shot is cast, not when hits, with 9% you can do ms-as-ais-ais without problems

Quote Originally Posted by keygy View Post
    no, not exist, the vulnerable damage its calculated when the shot is cast, not when hits, with 9% you can do ms-as-ais-ais without problems
    I was always under the impression it was calculated when it hot not when it was cast?
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by keygy View Post
    are you sure? Theres a lot of wonky "on cast" activations. Such as Windburst vuln not being applied on cast but upon hit. If you used a LNL aimed shot at 36+ yards right after a windburst, it would have been a buffless aimed shot.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    Can anyone help me with which of these 3 would be best for both MM and BM? I'm currently using Unstable Arcanocrystal and Bloodthirsty Instinct

Unstable Arcanocrystal (Titanforged 875)

Bloodthirsty Instinct (Heroic warforged 875)

Deteriorated Construct Core (Mythic Titanforged 885)

Armory
    Is it that hard to look at the Icy-Veins guide? The sims are up-to-date...

Deleted
    I feel going crazy. Charts have the Trickshot builds at the top but I can't get it to clearly beat Piercing Shot build on a dummy. Both are 350-400k DPS with more average success with Piercing. And seeing how Piercing build has way more mobility and actually fun rotation the choice seems very obvious to me. Yet, every few MM I've raided with prefers the turret caster and then do shit DPS unless it's a Patchwerk fight.

I clearly do better DPS with movement heavy dungeon bosses than pre 7.1.5 and with Trickshot. Better AoE too, making it clearly the better dungeon spec. I haven't played with Sidewinders though since previous patch.

Rotation is fun but it's actually very clusterfuck to explain the exact rotation/priorities with MS, WB, Aimed. It all depends on how much CD is left on your Pierce Shot, how much focus you have, how much vuln time you have left and what procs are ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    Is it that hard to look at the Icy-Veins guide? The sims are up-to-date...
    I've already looked there, that was the first place I looked. My items are warforged and titanforged and the sims on there don't take that into account.
    Warlock

10+ Year Old Account
    I've already looked there, that was the first place I looked. My items are warforged and titanforged and the sims on there don't take that into account.
    Arcano and BTI.

For MM Arcanocrystal @ 860 beats Instinct @ 880. Core @ 860 is competitive and only one I don't see in the chart. You also asked for 2 specs, I'm looking at MM right now. Instinct @ 880 is top of chart for BM.

So for MM - Arcano > Core > Instinct for your items and BM has Instinct = Arcano = Core (roughly accounting for ilvls). Also I doubt the BM chart has been updated, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by dalierin View Post
    check this out

us.battle.net /forums/ en/ wow/ topic/ 20752451299

I actually get pretty much same ST dps with that than with icy-veins build. I'm guessing multitarget will be even better. That rotation doesn't have any aimed shots at all.
    Anyone playing with this build? Tried messing about with it last night but couldn't quite get my head round it as I'd just learnt the trickshot build. Would love to hear comments on this, whether the buffs will help one or the other build.